You would not believe this last 6months- Apple are now being great!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roberto Barcellona, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Roberto Barcellona, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015

Roberto Barcellona macrumors member

Sorry I have posted on here a few times but even Apple are willing to do anything to get things sorted for me now.

They can't believe what I have gone through with there new MacBook top spec.

Bought on release had yellow tinge over parts of screen, they told me not to bother with repair we'll send a new one.

2nd laptop graphics card failed, new motherboard, fully tested and sent back to me. Was working great then programs kept crashing, you would think software, sent back told it was working beautifully, they rung me the next day and said your SSD drive has just failed. Repaired fully tested working beautifully, only to again start crashing. Was so difficult to get a replacement but the 3rd time they did and have been great from here but you won't believe what has just happened to the 3rd laptop!

3rd laptop opened the box turned on for set-up and heard a clicking noise, ignored it, then problem went on that day no clicks on reboot. Turned on next day click noise again. Went to genius bar (previous repair on the 2nd laptop at apple approved repair centre) day later with brand new laptop they did quick tests everything past. Because of previous issues they said they would keep it and fully test for me. They found a sensor failed for screen and the screen, ordered parts and repaired. Customer relations phoned them and told them to really make sure this computer is working. They run full tests 3 times, sensor for fans and fans past the 1st 2 tests but luckily they did a 3rd test because they failed.

I'm now waiting for new fan sensor and fan to be replaced.

Apple are now asking me what I want to do and they will be compensating me. They said they would give me another new one and would check it out in store before giving it to me, have this one repaired and they will make sure they do everything possible to make sure working putting under heavy testing or let me buy a desktop. All these options they will be offering me compensation! They are being so good now!

I went for the option of repairing this one and compensation, although don't know whether I will be completely confident with repairs again after the 2nd laptop. Hoping going to the genius bar better but have been told previous repairers are the repare company for Apple in the whole of the UK.

These 6months have not been great but I must say that Apple are being brilliant now.

They said this is a rare case with 3 laptops and hardly ever come across this, lol, great!

I doubted Apple Care and customer support but now realise Apple will always do all they can to get your computer working, even though along the way you have to deal with some difficult people at Apple.

All I want is a working laptop, 6months on.

To be continued...

2. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

You are an unlucky fellow, Roberto. Remind me not to share a flight with you. But it is good to hear of someone getting helpful service, so I thank you for your post.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apple computers have served me very well over the years. MacBook Pro's have been especially good.

Yet it's important for us to remember that Apple has grown so large, with massive large scale production, that pure odds alone suggest that a few are bound to be a problem. As long as the company will honor its commitments the issue will be reduced to the time lost without a computer.

Our patience will be tested, but as long as Apple performs, we're OK. :D

4. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Lol it depends how you look at it, I see this as good thing, something that can be resolved and to top it off they're giving me compensation. In the beginning I got worked up but then you realise these are just material things.

If anything this has been a good experience, one that has taught me to be patient, polite no matter what the circumstance and persistent.

Apple genuinly want to get this sorted for me, they have restored some confidence in me with their products.

5. JJayguy23 macrumors member

JJayguy23