zimv20

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
link

Young Singers Spread Racist Hate

Duo Considered the Olsen Twins of the White Nationalist Movement

Oct. 20, 2005 — Thirteen-year-old twins Lamb and Lynx Gaede have one album out, another on the way, a music video, and lots of fans.

They may remind you another famous pair of singers, the Olsen Twins, and the girls say they like that. But unlike the Olsens, who built a media empire on their fun-loving, squeaky-clean image, Lamb and Lynx are cultivating a much darker personna. They are white nationalists and use their talents to preach a message of hate.

Known as "Prussian Blue" — a nod to their German heritage and bright blue eyes — the girls from Bakersfield, Calif., have been performing songs about white nationalism before all-white crowds since they were nine.

"We're proud of being white, we want to keep being white," said Lynx. "We want our people to stay white … we don't want to just be, you know, a big muddle. We just want to preserve our race."

Lynx and Lamb have been nurtured on racist beliefs since birth by their mother April. "They need to have the background to understand why certain things are happening," said April, a stay-at-home mom who no longer lives with the twins' father. "I'm going to give them, give them my opinion just like any, any parent would."

April home-schools the girls, teaching them her own unique perspective on everything from current to historical events. In addition, April's father surrounds the family with symbols of his beliefs — specifically the Nazi swastika. It appears on his belt buckle, on the side of his pick-up truck and he's even registered it as his cattle brand with the Bureau of Livestock Identification.

"Because it's provocative," explains April of the cattle brand, "to him he thinks it's important as a symbol of freedom of speech that he can use it as his cattle brand."

Teaching Hate

Songs like "Sacrifice" — a tribute to Nazi Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy Fuhrer — clearly show the effect of the girls' upbringing. The lyrics praise Hess as a "man of peace who wouldn't give up."

"It really breaks my heart to see those two girls spewing out that kind of garbage," said Ted Shaw, civil rights advocate and president of the NAACP's Legal Defense Fund — though Shaw points out that the girls aren't espousing their own opinions but ones they're being taught.

[...]

Since they began singing, the girls have become such a force in the white nationalist movement, that David Duke — the former presidential candidate, one-time Ku-Klux-Klan grand wizard and outspoken white supremacist — uses the twins to draw a crowd.

Prussian Blue supporter Erich Gliebe, operator of one of the nation's most notorious hate music labels, Resistance Records, hopes younger performers like Lynx and Lamb will help expand the base of the White Nationalist cause.

"Eleven and 12 years old," he said, "I think that's the perfect age to start grooming kids and instill in them a strong racial identity."

(more)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The fate of the free world hangs in the balance of two young ditzy blondes. :p

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
You guys are surprised by this? I mean I've never seen two 13 yo girls singing racist crap, but racist music is hardly new. Nor is preaching it to little kids.

Go look up Skrewdriver. I used to wait outside their concerts occasionally. With friends. :D

Bakersfield is a bad bad place for racist BS. Has been for a long time.

Punk and oi style music (and more recently hate-metal) has long flirted with racism. In the mid 80s the punk movement split and fought heavily between racist and anti-racist groups.

Jello Biafra coined the anthem: Nazi punks/ Nazi punks/ Nazi punks/ F*** OFF!

Or the Vandals:
this nazi s**t won't do
this nazi s**t won't do
this nazi s**t won't do
so we launched them to the moon

one small step for man
one goose step for mankind (sieg heil baby)
one small step for man
one goose step for mankind (sieg heil baby)

And one of my favorites was always to salute back to the ****ers saying "Seek help, Seek help".

Did I mention I have issues with racists?

Sayhey

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2003
San Francisco
mactastic said:
Jello Biafra coined the anthem: Nazi punks/ Nazi punks/ Nazi punks/ F*** OFF!
mac, did I ever tell you I voted for him for Mayor? Ahh, the Dead Kennedys. Are we feeling old yet? ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The Klan bring little children to rallies, and I'm sure other organizations do that too... swaying children is very important to their message...alongside having more children to "propagate the race." I guess it's not surprising, but it angers me to see children being used to advance causes like this.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yes, it seems like they make them in only a very general way, like:

Prussian Blue said:
They took the old roads that Napoleon had taken before. They fought as the forces of Light against the Darkness in a Holy War. One day they were looking out on the sun shining on the cornflowers. The next day they were freezing to death in the snow and the ice cold showers.
Ugh...their website claims they have a song within the movie "13th Warrior." Their song doesn't seem to be on the official soundtrack, but it's creepy to think a major Hollywood movie house would do business with that. :(

Prussian Blue said:
When the man who plows the fields is driven from his lands. When the carpenter must give away what he's built with his own hands. When a mother's only children belong to her no more. And black masked men with guns come bashing down the doors. Where freedom exists for only those with darker skin. Where lies and propaganda will never let you win. Where symbols of your heritage are held with such contempt, and benefits of country 'cept tax are you exempt .
Nice.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
I was taken back at first 'cause I was expecting to see a pair Neo Nazi punks or something.

This is just another example of groups like that "changing w/the times" and adopting more mainstream and subversive measures to spread their brand ignorance.

mkrishnan said:
The Klan bring little children to rallies, and I'm sure other organizations do that too... swaying children is very important to their message...alongside having more children to "propagate the race." I guess it's not surprising, but it angers me to see children being used to advance causes like this.
My sentiments exactly. They were forced to be ignorant and never given the chance not to be narrow-minded, racist morons. Hopefully as they grow up and experience more of the world they'll realize what was done to them. Whether it's kids like this in Bakersfield or kids in the Middle East that are taught nothing but the Koran it saddens and angers me to see people groomed like live stock and robbed of their potential like this.

Lethal

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Link
Please tell me the significance of the name Prussian Blue.
Part of our heritage is Prussian German. Also our eyes are blue, and Prussian Blue is just a really pretty color. There is also the discussion of the lack of "Prussian Blue" coloring (Zyklon B residue) in the so-called gas chambers in the concentration camps. We think it might make people question some of the inaccuracies of the "Holocaust" myth.
:rolleyes:

Lethal

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
mkrishnan said:
Ugh...their website claims they have a song within the movie "13th Warrior." Their song doesn't seem to be on the official soundtrack, but it's creepy to think a major Hollywood movie house would do business with that. :(
the movie which was released 6 years ago when they were 7 (not adding time for producing the movie) ;) yeahhh _right_

(the movie just was shown on tv yesterday... no joke)

iron(III) hexacyanoferrate(II) :rolleyes: (i looked that up)

edit:looking up google for their names comes up with links to sites with names like stormfront .org etc. .. i'm so not gonna click on those links

ps: new editing is pretty cool

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
takao said:
iron(III) hexacyanoferrate(II) :rolleyes: (i looked that up)
:D

Well, supposedly they have been performing for some time...there are pictures on their site that look like they were taken that long ago and at that age. But who knows.

There's also apparently a band of UK origins with no hate agenda and the same name. So now we know who the real victims are. ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'm not worried. I'm sure that the fine analytical skills impressed upon them by their home schooling will allow them to realize the error of their ways soon enough. :rolleyes: