Your 5S choice of colour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NickPhamUK, Aug 26, 2013.

?

My pick is...

1. Black

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. White

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Gold/champagne

13 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Graphite

44 vote(s)
    49.4%
  1. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

Purely based on rumours and leaked pictures, what would your choice of colour be? For me, coming from a white and black iPhone 5, graphite please! Gold looks a tad showy so that's not my cup of tea.

:cool:

2. vseera macrumors member

Well, there's already a thread on the subject in this forum, but this one has a poll so I voted :)

My current choice is White, however, I am looking to see if I like the look of the Champagne version when they officially announce it.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I've gone with Graphite, although I'm probably going to skip the 5S and wait until the 6 comes out. I am slightly tempted by the Champagne though...It's way more understated than I first thought.

4. krazykleo macrumors regular

I sort of want to wait for the 6 as well but I haven't bought a new phone since I bought my 3GS back in 2009 lol. Really overdue for a new phone!!!

I'm diggin' the Champagne but might also look into the 5C! :)

5. Sputnek macrumors regular

I think I'll probably do the same, I want to see how the "5c" evolves as well compared to the 5s.

6. nilzi macrumors regular

I choose black, as black is very classic for cellphone.

7. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

8. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I won't be getting the 5S but if I had to choose I'd go for white or black. Graphite doesn't look bad but it'd look better if the Apple logo on the back was black. Champagne gold looks awful.

9. NickPhamUK thread starter macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

So many people are skipping the 5S. Is this because of the rumours surrounding 4.7 inch Phone 6?

Hope Apple will still sell well. :cool:

10. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I also won't be getting the 5S (unless I can get a nice price for my 5), but if I would, I would definitely get the graphite one! The silver/grey/graphite trim is iPhones (and Apples) trademark, I never liked the completely black sides on the 5. Also, scuffs won't be as noticeable on the graphite version :)

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Black still on pole position but with graphite very close ...

12. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

White. Champagne and Graphite look like garbage because of the glass. Too much contrast between the aluminum and the bars. I don't know why Apple couldn't have made matching colors, or at least shades that complimented the aluminum better.

13. Aussi3 macrumors regular

Aussi3

Really keen on gold / champagne have to see it in real life though

14. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Can you post pictures to correspond with your poll choices?

15. NickPhamUK thread starter macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I can, but you can always google them. Besides, MacRumors has covered about these colours several times in their front page. They are all leaked photos and nothing can guarantee that they will be 100% true. In one photo the gold iphone looks too "gold" and in another it looks much more pale. So there's no agreement as to which photos show the real prototypes of iPhones.

But, you can tell. For example, I'm not kind of show-off person so jewellery and gold iPhone is a no no. And telling that graphite looks much closer to grey/metal which is my favourite colour (like on Macbook Pros), I'm definitely going to buy a Graphite model.

----------

Seems like Graphite is winning. My choice also. It's like a Black iPhone but with better plate and metal bar colour. :cool:

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

17. CHMK macrumors regular

i just love the slate version. black is my favourite colour. the grey looks... too boring in my opinion. black seems more elegant and cool. gold is just so tacky, and white to feminine for me.

18. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Had white, black before, gonna change this year to gold since I gold platted my first gen iphone bezel. ;)

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

No, I think it's beyond pointless to buy a new phone every year.

20. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I also won't be getting a 5s. But if I did I would want graphite.

Seems the the updates between models is less and less. In the past I have been craving something faster or better camera some feature. But this time for once I am happy with what I have. The 5 is always fast enough for me and takes awesome pictures for a phone. So for the time being I am set.

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I would lean towards getting the graphite. Although I would have to see it in person before I made a final decision. I have the white i5 now, so if I were to purchase the 5S, it would be between the white and graphite.

22. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

lol yeah not a big fan of the Champagne color.

The white looks great in person. Black just seems to grab me though.

23. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

I actually like the champagne but the new graphite is looking pretty nice as well. I'll hold my judgement until the press conference.

24. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Graphite but maybe I will wait for the iphone 6, the 5 is satisfying my needs :)