Your Apple ID (xxxx) was used to sign in to iMessage on an iPhone 3GS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by velocityg4, Sep 7, 2012.

1. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

For some blasted reason all of a sudden I started getting this e-mail from Apple every single blasted time I send a text message. I have no idea why this has happened. I have not touched any setting for my Apple ID at all nor on my iPhone in months. I've gone through my settings and found nothing indicating I want to be contacted every time I send a text message.

Here is the full excerpt.

" Dear XXXX, Your Apple ID (XXXX) was used to sign in to iMessage on an iPhone 3GS. If you have not recently set up an iPhone with your Apple ID, then you should change your Apple ID password. Learn more."

2. arsal9 macrumors newbie

Help

Please post a solution as im getting the same message via email///:(

3. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I just disabled iMessage on my iPhone. It doesn't fix the problem it just works around it by not using the feature. I don't care to use iMessage anyways. I get unlimited text with my phone plan.

Settings > Messages

4. Krandor macrumors 6502

Have you taken the advise in the message and changed your password?

5. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

6. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Yes when I first got the message I did this. I also did not click on the link in the email. I always manually navigate to websites when I get some email alert rather than clicking the link.

The message still continued. I know it was from my phone and the iMessage system anyways. Since it would send this alert at the same time and same number of times I sent the text message to someone.

Not sure how this would be relevant and no I do not.