Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Curious what everyone's display settings are. Mine are as follows:

Computer: Mid-2015 MBP 15"
Mode: Dark
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
LCD Font Smoothing: Off (was always on prior to Mojave but looks so much crisper/sharper/thinner with it off now)
Accent Color: Blue
White Point: 6800K
Reduce Transparency: On (like that this darkens the menu bar but don't like that it chages the function control popups on screen from white to gray (brightness/volume notch bar, etc)
Display Contrast: Halfway between the default leftmost "Normal" endpoint and the first notch to the right of that. Really like the look with the contrast at the first notch to the right of "Normal" but then light grays and faint pastels on white backgrounds disappear completely to white, unfortunately. But the darker grays go to a really nice black and dark mode looks like actual dark mode. Splitting the difference by setting it halfway between notches, gives me a little darker dark mode but I can still see light grays/pastels on white backgrounds. Colors saturate a little better with a little more contrast.

All in all it results in having a pretty cool screen with a little bit better dark mode, and sharp text with lots of screen space and slightly better colors.

How about you?

Last edited:

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Curious what everyone's display settings are. Mine are as follows:

Computer: Mid-2015 MBP 15"
Mode: Dark
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
LCD Font Smoothing: Off (was always on prior to Mojave but looks so much crisper/sharper/thinner with it off now)
Accent Color: Blue
White Point: 6800K
Reduce Transparency: On
Display Contrast: Halfway between the leftmost "Normal" endpoint and the first notch to the right of that. Really like the look with the contrast at the first notch to the right of "Normal" but then light grays and faint pastels on white backgrounds disappear completely to white, unfortunately. But the darker grays go to a really nice black and dark mode looks like actual dark mode. Splitting the difference by setting it halfway between notches, gives me a little darker dark mode but I can still see light grays/pastels on white backgrounds. Colors saturate a little better with a little more contrast.

All in all it results in having a pretty cool screen with a little bit better dark mode, and sharp text with lots of screen space and slightly better colors.

How about you?

2 x 3840x2160 @ 6509 K (native)
Display settings: default, natural
Dark theme
Font chroma subsampling on

You can't really work with photography with ”enhanced” display settings, you need as natural and native as possible.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Well, after an hour I set the contrast back to default. Slightly darker dark mode and slightly more saturated colors were nice, but I guess I couldn't deal with the soft gray-blue post sidebars and thread listings on this site turning to like a light eggshell blue/aqua. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.