Your favorite parts of the 1st Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Sep 27, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

• It only took two minutes for Trump to lie - and kudos to Ford for responding quickly.
    • Trump still taking credit for ending the birther issue and using it as a proof point on how Hillary "failed" because she didn't get Obama to furnish his birth certificate. Still no apology to Obama.
    • Trump interrupting Clinton to say he's smart for not paying taxes (yet countries in Nato are not paying their fair share makes them freeloaders)
    • Trump saying he was showing restraint because there was something he wanted to say and didn't - as if he deserved credit. Meanwhile criticizing Hillary's campaign for attacking him. Forgetting that for years now he has been name calling her and everyone on twitter daily.
    • Restating his comments about Rosie O'Donnell
    • Saying he never said he agreed with the war in Iraq - even when proved otherwise. In fact - his whole meltdown.
    • During a meltdown, stating that he has the best temperament. He might want to look that word up
    • Saying he never said Hillary didn't look like a President - but that she didn't have the stamina.
    • Hillary's response to the stamina question
    • Trump barely answered any question. Kept repeating the same thing over and over. Especially "things are a mess"
    • Hackers who live at home weight 400lbs
    • Trump's constant plugging of his hotels and resorts (his comment about being on Penn Ave regardless)
    • Trump's projection onto Hillary that she's only about soundbites
    • Lester unhinging Trump over Stop and Frisk

I will say that at the beginning of the debate I thought Trump was composed and seemed prepared. But after 5 or so minutes (perhaps after he and Hillary both acted like school kids) he just went down the rabbit hole. My favorite moment though is in bold.

I know many polls are saying Trump won. That I don't see. But regardless - I don't think anyone from either side was swayed by the debates. My only interest in a post-debate poll would be independents.

2. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

After seeing she wasn't dressed in something hideous I turned it off to end my day on a positive foot.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Oh - and the irony of the fact that Donald seemed to be sniffing (cold?) throughout but Hillary didn't cough once (did she?)

4. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think the best part is that I slept soundly through the whole thing

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think it had to be Trump using Sean Hannity to defend himself against his lies about supporting the Iraq war.

6. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Great to see that your favorite parts were what Hillary was saying about her policy positions. Oh wait you hated everything she said.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    When I was a kid I hated chex cereal. But since there isn't any video footage of me saying it... The only possible conclusion must be that i loved it.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Me? No - I thought she came off well and spoke to the questions asked. However I think that both candidates didn't do much to truly explain their plans. It was very high level.

Why would you think I hated everything she said? Is that sarcasm?
    Comedy gold from last night:

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

She tried doing the "Palin Red" thing. It didn't work. She looked like a cherry tomato. But at least it wasn't a potato sack.

9. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

The true highlight of the debate was the reappearance of braggadocious

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

To be fair - I see that some are talking about him saying bigly a few times. I think it was poor diction. I think he was saying big league.

As for Braggadocious - Miriam Webster tweeted:

In response to a question on Twitter about the Republican nominee’s use of the word “braggadocious,” the dictionary said, “He was trying for braggadocio.”

While “braggodocio” can be found in most standard dictionaries — it refers to boastful behavior, or a braggart — the adjective version employed by Trump is considered by some to be an informal usage. Informal or not, “braggadocious” has been around for quite some timeand has been spoken by Trump on the campaign trail before.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

For me the highlight of the debate was Trump bringing up the server issue and the crowd cheering loudly in response. The server is a big issue to A LOT OF PEOPLE and they will remember it at the polls. The Clinton and the media want it to go away, but it won't go away.

12. zin macrumors 6502

Trump got 15 exclusive questions. Hillary got 2.
    Trump was fact-checked, Hillary was not.

My favourite part was when Hillary couldn't defend her 30 year record of failure and nothingness.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Because she doesn't have to because it's hyperbole to state that.

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

She set the Middle East on fire and helped usher in a new era of terrorism and death, that's something.

15. daflake macrumors 6502a

I remember when debates used to be about worldly topics. Now people are tuning in like it is some game show. Yep, quality candidates there!

16. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

After watching the debate, I am still in wonderment that these two are our choices.

Anyone else notice that she was dressed in Republican colors, and he in Democrat colors.
    True. This was probably the best part of Trump's entire side of the debate. He was even given a softball from Hillary when it came to cyber security, and he didn't even mention her server when this came up. He did it earlier, but this could have been a home run topic for him, and it was served on a platter and he still didn't take it.
    This is not new. Plus the fact checkers need fact checkers these days. I did like the interview he did with Hannity who did validate the arguments they had about going to war. One example where the "fact checkers" needed a fact check. I even thought that it was a bunch of garbage, until the interview just after the debate. That is part of the issue...the way he makes statements always makes you wonder. With Hillary she makes a statement with such certainty, that even if it is a lie she seems to believe it.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

My favorite part was when Trump off on a wild-eyed tangent, yelling and throwing his arms around while claiming that a calm and collected Hillary Clinton didn't have the temperament for the job. It was the first laugh out loud moment of the debate.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My favorite part was when he was overheard telling Melania to put on a red pantsuit when they get home so he can hate **** her.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Really? That's offensive to both candidates.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

For me,

Trump said he'd release his tax return when she released the 33,000 emails that she deleted.

When Trump called out Hillary for being in politics for 30 years and she didn't do anything to correct the issues facing this country.

21. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

He took a shot at every politician over the last 30 years. 30 years of establishment policies and deficit spending and what do we really have to show for it... crumbling roads and dilapidated airports.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I also thought that point was outstanding.

23. Robisan macrumors 6502

My favorite was when his custom, in-nostril coke dispenser failed mid-debate.

24. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

same here.
    anyways
    [​IMG]

25. SusanK macrumors 68000

I was purging email. No pun intended. Mail program sometimes gets goofy. I sign into the portal and begin the purge. Mail respond eventually. Glad that's done for now.