Carrier "Your iPhone 7 plus is on its way" but I didn't order one.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiegirl, Sep 20, 2016.

1. techiegirl macrumors 65816

techiegirl

My husband and I each received the following text messages on our cell phones from AT&T today.

AT&T Free Msg: Your iPhone 7 Plus is on its way. As a reminder, you can receive up to $650 in monthly credits toward your new phone when you trade in an eligible iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6S Plus. Go to att.com/tradeinoffer for full details including special trade instructions.

Except the problem is we didn't order a 7 plus from AT&T. We each picked up 7's in store (6s trade in) but they were not pre-ordered ahead of time. I checked AT&T and there was no order on our account and call to AT&T c/s didn't help. They said there is no order on our account and we have not been billed.

Not sure if I should be worried.

2. adamneer macrumors 6502

It's just ATT's way of pissing off those of us that DID pre order 7 pluses who have had no change to our order statuses and have shipment estimates in the middle of October. They thought it would be fun to troll us by making us think they've actually shipped our phones. But they have not.

3. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Brace yourself for a 100 commenters asking you to forward it their way.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Sounds like a marketing text to get people to trade in their phones.

5. Slled macrumors newbie

Got the same thing today. Called and they said there was no order on the account and that they didn't know why I got the text.

Attached Files:

6. techiegirl thread starter macrumors 65816

techiegirl

I know not everybody received the text. We have 6 lines on our account and only 2 of us received it.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I think people that received those texts traded in an old iPhone 6/6 Plus or newer to receive the $650 credit for the "Free iPhone 7" promotion.

8. Mad4clay macrumors 6502

My daughter got the same message on her phone. She didn't order one, she picked hers up. So I don't know what's up with that.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2016 ---
    Not the case with my daughter.