Your iPhone has been reserved

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by re2st, Sep 14, 2012.

1. re2st macrumors regular

Just like last year, and hopefully (just like last year too) I'll receive the email soon. I'm adding a new line on an existing family plan with AT&T btw.

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: XXXXXXXXXXXX

When we’re able to reach the carrier systems, we will email you at xxxxx@xxxxx.com.
    The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link.
    You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status

2. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

So I'm guaranteed an iPhone so long as I follow through???

----------

How soon can I expect email? Based on last year!

3. re2st thread starter macrumors regular

if last year was any indication, then i hope that's the case.

I can't use the Store app since I'm adding a new line.. :(

4. thenobody macrumors member

Anyone get the email to proceed with the order yet?

If so, are you still confirmed for 9/21 shipping?

----------

Ok, no email but checked order status and says i can proceed.

But doesnt seem to be linked to the account I entered with the order.
    And its saying two weeks to ship now. Damn it. It said 9/21 at the reservation page

5. mariocapo macrumors member

I got a reservation too. I hope I get launch day since I got my reservation email within the first 10 minutes of the launch.. 12:09. I'll update when I get my follow through email. Is a reservation a guarantee? I'm hoping so. lol. I did it throughout the Apple Store App since the store was still down at the time.

6. asaeturn, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012

asaeturn macrumors newbie

No email to proceed with order as of yet, and hope I don't have to wait until after 9/21 for delivery. :/
    What's weird is that I tried ordering the black iPhone 5 on my number and got that message that I had to reserve, but when I ordered the white iPhone 5 on my brother's number, which is on the same carrier and account etc, I was able to go through with the order. So, I don't know if it's the problem with the black iPhones, or Apple not being able to reach to my carrier's system.

7. meganator macrumors member

I got mine through at 12:08, got the email to finish the transaction, did so, and boom...two week shipping.

8. thenobody macrumors member

Dont wait for the email. I never got one.

Go into apple account and track the order and you will see a link.
    It is slipped to 2 weeks shipping and looks like despite having a reservation and despite the website saying originally a delivery date of 9/21 it will process it at the time of placing the order. Which is damn annoying.

9. asaeturn macrumors newbie

10. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Very angry if I got pushed to 2 weeks... Considering I ordered at 12:20...

11. re2st thread starter macrumors regular

Aaaaand.. here's what I got after clicking the "Complete Order" link on the follow-up email that they sent:

There's something you should know...

We’re unable to complete your iPhone order at this time.

Based on the information you provided, you may have to pay a deposit before you can purchase an iPhone and establish an account with AT&T. You can pay this deposit and purchase an iPhone at an Apple Retail Store.

holyshytemotherfart :mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I have a feeling the "ships within 2 weeks" will be delivered on 9/21.

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Mine did. Reservation while 9/21. Checkout showed two weeks. Delivery date updated back to 9/21 sometime during the night

14. thenobody macrumors member

Checked my order again this morning and now says delivers by 9/21 instead of 2 weeks. Sweet!!!

15. asaeturn macrumors newbie

Aha this was the case, I was actually counting on this! And what do you know, got an email saying they made a "mistake" and it will indeed be delivered on the 21st.

16. ef12 macrumors newbie

Finally got my email to complete my order about an hour ago. It says my phone won't be shipped till October 10-16 :(

My phone was reserved at 12:10 AM on the 14th. Hopefully they change it to the 21st

17. iregret macrumors 6502

Ths happened to me as well. Th servers were bogged down. By the time I received the email I thought it meant I would get it for the 21st, but the reservation is for October 5th. It's okay though that iPhone 5 is for my wife.:D