Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

is your iPod touch...

• Naked

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Protected

Votes: 46 63.0%

• Total voters

bembol

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Unless you find a great deal like $<$10, I think Cases for iPod's are ridiculous!

I hate Chrome and wish Apple would ditch it.

I don't know what happened but the last time I bought one (30GB Video), not only it didn't protect it but scratches on the back was more severe. I think dust/dirt got trapped and cost more damaged?

Anyways, I learned to live with it and haven't bought one since. Instead, I will use it towards this..

Griffin Technology's WindowSeat for my 32GB 3G touch

windowseat_2.jpg

kwajkat

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
So how do you protect the screen? Also do you keep your itouch in the car all the time? I have never had any problems with cases that I have gotten. But then again I look at the cases closely and I also check out any reviews to read some of the comments before buying a case.

mpb2000

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
I go with film on the screen and a pouch for when it's in my pocket. That's all the protection I need.

CSilver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
Canada
I have the invisible shield on from zagg.com.
So far so good. Loving the bareness yet it's protected from scratches.
Although I have to say I feel like I should get a proper case like Switcheasy's case series.

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
I've had my 1st gen in a clear Griffin case the minute I took it out of the box last year.

I wanted to take my case off last week, but I never did. Still debating whether to keep it on or not.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
I have the invisible shield on from zagg.com.
So far so good. Loving the bareness yet it's protected from scratches.
Although I have to say I feel like I should get a proper case like Switcheasy's case series.

I loved my Switcheasy case, but it was kinda bulky comparatively. Felt solid in my hand though. Go for the Neotouch, it's a lot thinner.

tenand2indy

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2009
I have a 3 pack of silicone cases from Griffin that I picked up at Walmart for $8 when I first got my Touch. I am using those while I decide if I am going with the Switcheasy Rebeltouch or the Speck Candy Shell.

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
I have a 3 pack of silicone cases from Griffin that I picked up at Walmart for $8 when I first got my Touch. I am using those while I decide if I am going with the Switcheasy Rebeltouch or the Speck Candy Shell.

Same here.
I also have a three pack of Belkin ClearScreen screen protectors that I'm using.
I like my gadgets protected.

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I have been using my 2G Touch naked, but I am thinking about getting a case when I upgrade to the 3G Touch.

The Touch is so thin that I think it would actually be better to make it a little thicker with a case while also protecting the back from scratches.

However, I would not use a case for iPhone--it's thick enough naked and it feels better naked.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
i like it naked!, cause it feels sleak!, but when protected, feels like the screen is limited, especially when u type. ur thumb might get in the way.:p;)

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
Most of the time I keep it in a Griffen clear case. I've gotten use to the added thickness when using it. No screen protector on it. The way I use it I really don't see the need for a screen protector, you really have to do alot to scratch the glass.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
InvisibleShield on my old 80gb ipod. Best thing ever, those things are freaking indestructible.

For my new iPod Touch, going with Rebel Touch and Bodyguardz for just the face.

I agree though, those crap cases often got grit stuck in there that made it look worse.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I find the Touch way to slippery with the chrome that it's easy to have it slip out of your hand. So I usually use some kind of case on it that improves the grip. Now the Screen I have had Screen protectors and find they just impede the image. My 16gb 1st gens screen has no scratches on it. I use a damp cloth to lightly wipe the screen then a microfiber cloth to dry and polish it and it looks new...

masterapple04

macrumors regular
May 26, 2004
Massachusetts, USA
I had a case on mine for the first year, but now it's naked. I got tired of the extra bulk preventing me form using my dock and it feels so much sexier when it's in its natural slim state.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
i just used body guardz for a while. now i've got a switcheasy neotouch. (brought my iPod on a week long bike trip, wanted more protection.) switcheasy cases are great.

captincroc

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2009
I don't understand why you would pay for an iPod's design for it then to be covered by a semi-ugly case making it quite bulky.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I don't understand why you would pay for an iPod's design for it then to be covered by a semi-ugly case making it quite bulky.

Because Ipods are notorious for scratching if a feather blows on them, in the case of the touch thats mainly the chrome back, which looks like Ass if kept uncovered. So the key is finding a case that protects while not making the thing look terrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.