Your letter grade for Democrats since October 2016

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, May 1, 2017.

?

Your letter grade for Democrats since October 2016

Poll closed May 8, 2017.
  1. A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. C

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. D

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. F

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. PracticalMac, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Just asking your opinion on the Democrats ability to serve the people who elected them in last 7 months (this covers how they listen to constituents, discuss future plans, the message, why they oppose Republican plans) DO not need to be in power to influence politics.

My score is not that good, and will post later.

**It is BLIND (cannot see results until you vote), and once you choose you cannot change.

(and yes, there will be more coming)

Trump version is here.

2. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

So, question: why should anyone care anything about the Democrats? They don't control any branch of the federal government today. If Democratic votes ever mean anything, it's only because the Republicans have allowed them to mean something.

3. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Its personal opinion of Democratic party, even if they hold little power.

Added to OP what I am asking.

4. 0007776 Suspended

I gave them a D, they are turning into the Republicans during the Obama years. I'd much rather instead of seeing them just saying no to Trump see them pick up on some of his ideas like infrastructure spending and call his bluff to see if the moderates Republicans will work with them on it and any other campaign promises of Trump's that happen to line up with Democrat's ideas. And considering that Trump was all over them map on every issue it shouldn't be hard to find some overlap, put it into a bill and then do a PR campaign to show that Trump supports it using his own words from the election campaign.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I gave them a C. As in more of the same. I think they can and should be doing better. I'd also love to see new leadership instead of the same old faces.

6. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Democrats don't have a sense of self right now. They need something to invigorate the base besides "**** trump".

7. 0007776 Suspended

As much as I agree with you, and I think for the sake of the country we need to figure out how to get past the extreme partisanship we have today saying **** Obama worked pretty well for the Republicans.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

I think a better and more interesting poll would be to find out how many people think how the RESIST movement is doing and if they are effective. That's not necc a partisan debate....

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

"F" is my grade for Democrats since October of 2016. "F" is my grade for Democrats since about 1947. Republicans get the same grade dating back to about 1963.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

start up the thread with some details.

11. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I give the Dems a D (a very low D).

Not cause its first letter, but because they totally missed the big picture that its base felt ignored, that Hillary was despised, that Trump was a threat despite a litany of failings, that Sanders message was legitimate, and that they could not believe they where being hacked (there was many others I did not list).

Hindsight is 20/20, but the signs where there, just people ignored the storm of whispers.

Then they hired Tom Perez (face palm)

Despite this the party does have better cohesion, back science and the need to protect individuals from big institutions.

Still, if they do not find a better leader (Sanders?) and unified set of goals and vocally champion it, they will fall to F.