your next president

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by squeeks, May 12, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

He probably meant 47. I don't see the big deal.

An yes, I do think Bush is stupid.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

He probably counted the stars on his Made in China lapel pin...:rolleyes:

I'd give him 56 if he hadn't started excluding Alaska...

Washington D.C.
    Puerto Rico
    Guam
    Virgin Islands
    American Samoa
    Americans Abroad

They all have primaries/caucuses, but aren't states.

4. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

He probably found the secret stash of emails in Cheney's office. You know, the ones where the USA bought up Canada, Mexico, Bolivia, Venezuela, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq and Russia. And sold New Jersey. Ya gotta love capitalism.

5. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

it would still be nice to have a president who knew how many states were in the union at least hilary im sure knows there are 50 states

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm sure Obama knows how many states there are, ever heard of someone mis-speaking? I'm sure you've done it :rolleyes:

7. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

We all know Clinton never does... unless she's sleep deprived... but of course that's the king of person you want answering the phone at 3:00 a.m....:D

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

True, it was clearly a brain-fart by Obama, nothing major in my opinion. That said, some will surely have their fun with it like when Dan Quayle misspelled potato.

http://www.capitalcentury.com/1992.html

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Guess you're not the kind of person we want answering the phone at 3 a.m. either! :p

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

While everyone that I know has done something like this at one time or another, if Bush said this he'd be mocked derisively and insulted on this board. While I, too, think that this can be chalked up to sleep deprivation on the campaign trail, I think a double standard exists.

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Meh, don't care - he won't be MY president.

We have a little smug bobble-headed sound byte spewing 2.0 version of his predecessor as our Prime Minister.

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

When you are up in front of a group of people, it is every easy to make mistakes such as this. If you haven't been up in front of a hundred folks or more, giving a speech and answering impromptu questions, you haven't lived! ;)

This in no way reflects anything negative on Obama. As you said, he merely had a brain fart. :)

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Though it wouldn't be news probably because it's almost expected from him at this point. Like with Quayle, call me if this becomes commonplace and it's the rule not the exceptions. I wish we'd focus more on the issues than stuff like this, but I see more of it since it's getting harder for the opposition to nail him on the issues.

14. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I agree, solvs, it's a non-issue. Campaigning is hard and takes long hours, it should be expected that your mental faculties won't be at their sharpest at all times. I was just pointing out that if McCain said this, he'd get a lot more flack than what sushi said about Barack: "This in no way reflects anything negative on Obama. As you said, he merely had a brain fart." Had it been McCain, I'm pretty sure the issue of senility would have been brought up

15. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

McCain held his Mic upside down.

This stuff does not matter. At all.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

McCain repeatedly confused Shiite and Sunni, which is much worse, and it was barely covered. But to be fair, this hasn't been covered much by the MSM either. Just worried someone is going to take this to be more of an issue than it is. Still hearing Obama is a Muslim, and about that stupid flag pin (he finally relented and wore one, which I get, but actually took him down a peg IMO) so I could just see this gaining steam among the much better organized right leaning media.

For the record, I don't agree with the senility thing with McCain either and have said as much here.

17. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Hell no... no one wants me answering the phone at 3:00 a.m. :D

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, unless you do it constantly, like someone else we know. Then I think it's fair to question whether the person is a moron.

19. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Definitely.

However, in the game of politics, other things are brought into the arena. I guess that's what makes it fun. ;)