Your opinion: End of the line for the BeatsX?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bill Av, May 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bill Av macrumors regular

Curious to see what people think will happen with the BeatsX. I figure there are three possibilities…
    • Apple comes out with a new version with the H1 chip, but everything else stays the same
    • Apple makes a "true wireless" version; similar to the AirPods, only black with silicon earbuds
    • They stay the same forever. Phased out in a few years when they stop selling.

2. davideotape macrumors 6502

These are my favorite wireless buds so far so i hope they stick around. Upgrades can be
    • improved sound quality
    • Reduced latency/h1 chip
    • Waterproofing/durability

I really dont think i want a “true wireless” version of these unless theres a real convenient way of putting them somewhere for a bit without losing one when not in use or only using one bud for phone/podcast listening. I just let mine dangle or wear like a necklace and its fine.

3. Bill Av thread starter macrumors regular

Same with me. I figured that I’d eventually want “true wireless” headphones, but I’m happy with the BeatsX as they are. Hopefully, they’ll give them a spec bump in the future.

4. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

I have had them for 1.5 years. Can’t wait for PB Pro to come in. The X don’t go high enough for me but the worst part is that dang wire behind my neck. It bugs the crap out of me and gets in the way of my traps at the gym..lol

5. russell_314 macrumors 6502

russell_314

I love my Beats X headphones. I hope Apple doesn't replace them with an AirPods version. I love my AirPods but they're for a different purpose

6. Silverjerk macrumors member

If the previous Beats range is any indicator, and given the popularity of the BeatsX, they're not going anywhere. They're also falling into a more "affordable" category than Apple's other wireless offerings, meaning they're very unlikely to remove them from the lineup since it's an option for users who can't afford to -- or don't want to -- pay for the higher-end models.