Your opinion please? Can I run CS 5.5 on my MacBook if I upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ~jill~, Jun 2, 2011.

1. ~jill~ macrumors newbie

Can I run CS 5.5 on my MacBook if I upgrade it? I’d most likely purchase “Web Premium,” not the “Master Collection.” I understand I can upgrade (install?) 4GB of RAM.

My current overview:
    MacBook3,1 Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, Speed: 2 GHz, Number Of Processors: 1, Total Number Of Cores: 2, L2 Cache: 4 MB, Memory: 1 GB, Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Do you think my MacBook could run it, or would I have nothing but problems?

Thanks for your time.

~jill~

2. LarryC macrumors 6502

LarryC

Jill,
    I can't answer your question directly, but I do have a suggestion, just go to the Adobe website, find the page with the product in question and click on the hardware requirements button. They all have that type of thing on their websites. I hope this helps.

3. Dark Void, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011

Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

i checked adobe for you and you should be okay even without the upgrade, although I would still go for it. for mac os, it requires a multicore processor (dual works of course) and only 1gb of ram "or more recommended" so perhaps you could get away with 2gb but 4gb is very inexpensive and easy to upgrade on your own.

hope this helps and good luck to you with your purchase.

4. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

You should be able to run it no problems. You can install 4GB ram in your MacBook, however it will only recognise 3.3GB due to hardware restrictions, but still its worth doing.

I am running CS 5 on my mid 2009 MacBook without issues. I have also just upgraded my hard drive to an SSD which has given me a great performance boost across all my apps.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

6. ~jill~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You!

Thanks so much to you all for your time.

I did check out the Tech specs before posting thread, but it was a little unsure still. I'm not much of a techie but I'm learning. Your responses have helped me out and I'm going to give it a try.

Have a great weekend!

7. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

8. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I hope ~jill~ sees this response.

This statement is absolutely incorrect. The MacBook 3,1 is capable of recognizing and using up to 6 GB RAM, not 3.3 GB. The previous 2 generations were indeed limited to 3.3 GB RAM, but not the 3,1. Most people won't need more than 4 GB, but I wanted to correct this misinformation.

9. logana macrumors 65816

logana

so close - the first generation (MacBook 1,1 Core Duo) machines were actually limited to 2GB......

If you are going to correct misinformation then best not to add more (!!!) :D

10. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Dang... I thought that might be the case, but didn't bother to check it. My bad!