Your Plans for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kilcher, Apr 9, 2014.

?

What are your plans for the iPhone 6?

1. If it's larger I'm not getting it.

12 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. I'll get the 4.7".

140 vote(s)
    60.6%
  3. I'll get the 4.7" and then get the 5.7" if/when it's released.

15 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. I'll wait for the 5.7" if it's been confirmed.

43 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. I'll wait for the 5.7" even if it hasn't been confirmed.

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Other (please specify).

15 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

If I had the choice between a 4.7" and a 5.7" iPhone I think I'd probably choose the larger one. But... If what they say is true and the larger phone is delayed I'll probably end up getting the 4.7" on release day and keeping it for 2 years.

I'm mainly curious how many people would be willing to hold out a few months for a larger (5.7") iPhone, even if it hasn't been confirmed.

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

If it hasn't been confirmed by Apple that a larger (than 5") phone was going to be released after a 4.7" there would have to be some very credible sources saying it was coming for me to feel comfortable waiting.

3. Nipommu macrumors regular

two things: one, there may not be changes at all. two, knowing apple they wouldn't push 5.5 screen on phones. i don't get the 4.7" either because that is an awkward number on paper...we'll see how it fits in the hand if it comes out. i wish they could go the 5" route since majority competitor flagship phones are 5" also it'll future proof it.

i've held and used a 5" before and i say that is the perfect size to end it all. it was kind of big but iphone being ios and top notch build quality, i think i might like it very much.

4. cynics macrumors G3

Given those options and the phones have identical specs and features I'd go for the 4.7".

If the 5.7 has better specs and/or features I'll need to play with it for a while to see if I like it.

Personally I don't see a 5.7" iPhone happening with the iPad mini being kind of close in screen size albeit the Mini not being a phone. However someone that buys an iPhone 5.7" model will likely have no use for a Mini and never consider buying it.

5. Atrin1 macrumors regular

i have an upgrade in September and i'm still on at&t's unlimited plan. i'll definitely be getting the 4.7"

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'd rather they keep the existing 4" size, but if it's 4.7" that would probably be my limit.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

depends on what i like, might have to see but probably the 4.7"

8. AppleWarMachine macrumors 6502a

AppleWarMachine

My upgraded cycle is not until next fall, but I believe I will be getting the 4.7" screen size (to replace my 5S) :apple:

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I am very happy with the 4" screen on my 5s....one of the main reasons I like iphones. Unless there is a must have feature I will just stick with the 5s.

If I upgrade, I will pick the smallest of the new phones.

10. mjschabow macrumors 65816

As someone who previously owned the Galaxy Note 3, I will say that it was just too big. While the screen was really impressive, it was just close to impossible to operate with only one hand. I think the only way I'd consider the 5.5 or 5.7 version (whichever it ends up being) is if the specs just blow away the 4.7 version, but I highly doubt that will be the case. My upgrade is in December so hopefully we'll have a good idea of what we're looking at for both sizes by then.

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

12. JarScott, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014

JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Going to hold out for the 5" device. Don't want to go for it unless it's at least over 1" bigger than my current iPhone. If they DON'T release one bigger by at least an 1" then I guess I'll get whatever they release.

Baa.

Ps. Having said that, Apple would need to confirm a larger phone was coming at their 2014 iPhone event for me to wait. If a 4.7" device is the only device confirmed, I'll go for that.

13. theromz macrumors regular

I'm going for the 4.7" device since I want a phone and not a phablet device.

14. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I agree here. I may stick with my 5s for the time being. Although I would probably favor the 4.7" screen if I did decide to upgrade.

For me, it's all about how a bigger phone feels in my hand. When the 5 was announced, I told myself I wouldn't get it, and I eventually caved after I played around with it at my local Apple Store. I highly doubt I would go for the 5.7" screen though.

15. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Still undecided. I'm leaning towards the larger one though. My upgrade isn't until October so I have a bit of time to hold out and see what happens.

16. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I don't even think it's possible to answer this. We haven't seen the official reveal so who knows what's at stake. I am certainly liking what I'm seeing from the Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8. Those are the premier Android handsets right now so hopefully Apple steps up their game and makes an iPhone that blows them away. Apple's been playng conservative for far too long.

17. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

It really depends I'll probably get the 4.7'' one but if I like the 5+ inch one there is possibility to lean towards it. Looking forward to see them :)

18. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I wish people would stop creating threads speculating on a larger iPhone that will never be released. It's only going to lead to disappointment for some people later in the year. Apple will not release an iPhone that is larger than 5 inches because it's not a good experience for consumers. Apple is in the experiences business and they exist to delight.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm on the fence, I've just switched over to a Nokia Lumia (5" wp8 phone) and its been a great experience. As for the iPhone 6, I'd consider it, if were coming in a larger display like the Lumia Icon, with that said if the rumors were correct, I'm concerned about how thin its going to be. I think apple's love affair with thin products is getting to the point where it affects the overall strength.

Finally if a larger device is rolled out, will it be using the same resolution or a higher resolution?

20. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Your speculating in speculation. A large percentage of posts in this forum are talking about the what the new phone will be. It's all pure speculation until it's announced. No one here knows. It's a hobby, don't take it so seriously.

The Note 3 sold 10 million units in two months. For something with a poor experience that's a lot of phones for a device on its third generation of poor experience.

21. big samm macrumors 65816

Bigger screen and bigger battery is a most for me to get the so called iphone 6, or else ill stick with my 5s and my 5 for backup phone!

22. truelies macrumors regular

I don't want 4.7", it's not continent to carry around. I prefer tablet with larger screen but a iphone with 4.0-4.3"

23. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

I'll be more than satisfied with a 4.7" screen.

24. Adonys macrumors regular

25. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'd rather have the 4.7" iPhone. I don't need the huge display.