your reactions (and nothign about the damn table cloth!)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Your lighting is horrible, how do you get any work done?

:D

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Raven VII said:
Dunno, maybe I'm thick, but did you guys get it? It's Windows on a Mac, and OS X on a PC. The irony, indeed.
i hate them dell lappys we use em at work and i really don't like em ,just too big and clumsy

the powerbook though i do like - not too sure about windows being on it though ! but that can be sorted in about 15 min lol :D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
liketom said:
nice lamp :D
Yes, the output does suck a little bit, almost like living in a cave.

However, it might work better if he turned it on -- or use something a bit brighter that a 20W bulb.

But then we'd probably see the hideous plastic slipcover on the couch. :eek:

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Horrible choice of wall accents. You'd be better off with a lighter color. Ditch the green around corner, make it slightly darker than your wall colorings.

And those cables really shouldn't be in plain view... put that tablecloth over them?

:rolleyes: :p ;)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Maybe my eyes are bad but how come on the dell computer, the one that is running OS X, their isn't anything on the finder bar on the top... (their is no text- no finder, file, edit, view ...etc:confused:

zakatov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2005
South Florida
puckhead193 said:
Maybe my eyes are bad but how come on the dell computer, the one that is running OS X, their isn't anything on the finder bar on the top... (their is no text- no finder, file, edit, view ...etc:confused:
cuz it's fake! ;)

The windows on PowerBook is definitely VirtualPC, but spending the time to skin Windows is just a waste. Not to mention a usability nightmare

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2004
The first time you post it it's all fun... but when you post it again in 3 days because you added a pc machine to the mix... then its gets quite irritating and stupid.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=133771

So its like wow dude... you can use RDC & VNC... or you Photoshoped a screenshot on the PC, or you ran PearPC, or something like that... I should like bow before you as you are elite to be able to make this.

Normaly I wouldnt even say anything (like i didnt say anything for your previous post) but comon... its not that impressive, anyone can do it... I used to have a 5 monitor system on my main pc, and there were 4 other boxes hidden the closet that I would vnc into... So i had 2 screens with XP, 1 with linux, 1 with freebsd, and 1 with OSX... I'll have to dig up the picture of that; should be on a backup tape from a couple years ago... I currently only use 2 monitors, as 5 was overkill even though it looked somewhat good.

carbonmotion said:
see, i control and manage my server
(Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition running on
Athlon XP 3200+
Radeon 8500 64MB DDR
Dual 250 GB RAID HD
1GB of DDR Ram)
from my powerbook, using this great program that's alot faster than vnc called RDC. so to the guy who said vnc... WRONG! also rdc supports sound and millions of colors.
(From the previous post)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
You're running Windows XP in Virtual PC full screen. What's the big deal? I do that all the time to confuse my friends.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Lacero said:
You're running Windows XP in Virtual PC full screen. What's the big deal? I do that all the time to confuse my friends.
Use Windows 3.1. Most people don't recognize it and ask, "Is that the Linux thing?" :D :rolleyes: