Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerChef

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Northern Ireland
AND I MEAN IN MAINSTREAM CINEMA:rolleyes:

Mine is Return of the Jedi , Princess Leah (Carrie Fisher) in her slave girl costume with collar and chain.

:) :) :) :)

and dont say Tut Tut

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Dude you need to amend the spelling in the title of this thread or you are going to get some very rum answers ;)

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Off the top of my head -

Probably a scene from either of Spanish director Carlos Medem's movies - Lovers of the Artic Circle or more recently, Sex and Lucia .

Y tu mama tambien gets a mention too.

I have yet to think hard about the French.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Jeff Bridges and Michelle Pfeiffer getting hot on the grand piano in The Fabulous Baker Boys
(not just because I play piano and should be so lucky - in my dreams...)

Jodie Foster (or her body double - but please don't burst my illusions) in the innocent (but nude) moonlit swimming scene in Nell

As for Dialog -- a large proportion of "Body Heat", Kathleen Turner and William Hurt, particularly the boardwalk scene early on.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
leekohler said:
The love scenes in "A History of Violence" were some of the most honest I've ever seen. Truly emotional and beautiful.

I completely agree with you. I have to admit I was a little shocked at them. Not because I am prudish or anything, it was just that I wouldn't have expected such full on scenes in a fairly mainstream hollywood movie.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
MacRy said:
I completely agree with you. I have to admit I was a little shocked at them. Not because I am prudish or anything, it was just that I wouldn't have expected such full on scenes in a fairly mainstream hollywood movie.

And isn't it sad that we're shocked? I mean, in those scenes you knew that those two people were truly in love. To me, this is how sex should be treated in all films. BTW- Cronenberg films are hardly mainstream. :) If they were, everyone would have seen this movie by now.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Wild at Heart.

There's something about the whole film experience that made that film almost "unbearable" to watch at a film theatre. Extremely sexy...

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
leekohler said:
And isn't it sad that we're shocked? I mean, in those scenes you knew that those two people were truly in love. To me, this is how sex should be treated in all films. BTW- Cronenberg films are hardly mainstream. :) If they were, everyone would have seen this movie by now.

Absolutely! It adds a real dimension to their love if it is displayed in such an honest way.

I suppose Cronenberg is a little unconventional :)

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
zach said:
natalie portman getting her head shaved in v for vendetta. :p
That was NOT sexy! She was being tortured, but hey if you're into that kind of thing :p I'm not saying she didn't look sexy with the shaved head, just not within the context of that particular scene.

MinorBidoh

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
uk
champagne scene in 'wildthings' was awesome.

another vote for 'dusk till dawn'.

any bit from 'heartbrakers' with jenifer love hewit in one of those tiny dresses

the scene in 'girl next door' when shes teaseing the dude on the bed

miss alba herself dancing like a cowgirl in 'sin city'

that kiss (yes that one) in 'cruel intentions'

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
While romantic interludes most often come to mind, for some reason I thought of the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day off ...where they introduce the 1961 Ferrari 250GT California.... oh baby, now that's sexy! :D

<edit> Ok for a more obvious link, what about the strip tease Jamie Lee Curtis did in True Lies? I saw that in the theatre and there was dead silence as she got into it, then when she fell there was this half second pause and the whole place just cracked up. It was like all the male brains had to switch gears from sexy to funny and did did the downshift in unison. </edit>

MinorBidoh

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2005
uk
Raid said:
While romantic interludes most often come to mind, for some reason I thought of the scene in Ferris Bueller's Day off ...where they introduce the 1961 Ferrari 250GT California.... oh baby, now that's sexy! :D

<edit> Ok for a more obvious link, what about the strip tease Jamie Lee Curtis did in True Lies? I saw that in the theatre and there was dead silence as she got into it, then when she fell there was this half second pause and the whole place just cracked up. It was like all the male brains had to switch gears from sexy to funny and did did the downshift in unison. </edit>

ok, the 250GT scene is ok but that actress who plays Ferris' girlfriend/fiance is damn hot! Esp, when shes in the hot tub in her underwear.

and yes, i couldnt agree with you more with true lies. watched it in a film screening at my uni. awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.