Your "Tether" Experiences?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

With the news posted on macrumors, has anyone tried the new Tether app that works on non-Jb'd phones through HTLM5? Is it worth it for $30/year? Can ATT/Verizon possibly stop it?

2. jlwilsonjr macrumors member

I downloaded it this morning. I couldn't get to work at first but I went to lunch can back and tried again and it has since worked flawlessly. If its legit the 30 bucks a year is well worth it as the hotel I'm currently staying at charges 9.95 per day for wifi!

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You didn't mention how many days you stay at a hotel or what carrier or what data plan you're on so this is probably worthless, :) but it wouldn't take many hotel days to match upgrading to a tethering plan or mobile hotspot.

4. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Works good for me. I payed $15 for the first year :)

5. jlwilsonjr macrumors member

I usually spend about 50 nights a year traveling:mad:. I use AT&T with the grandfathered unlimited plan. Was able to log right in this morning really liking it and the speeds match the hotel wifi for general web surfing.

6. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Works fine as always. MTNL Mumbai 5$ per month 500 Mb data.
    Or $15 per month for unlimited data with absolutely NO FUP.
    Internet download speed is 2 Mbps constant anywhere any time in Mumbai.

Pretty much awesome experience.

7. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en_CA) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Tethering worked for me out of the box on my iPhone 4. Is this a regional limitation?