Your thoughts / comments about lightning adapter being "exposed"

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Idk if this has been brought up yet, but I feel as if the lead connectors are exposed somewhat. I feel like when I put it in my backpack or carry it around its going to scrape or scratch and eventually mess up the connector. I would have liked if it would have came with maybe a plastic cap to cover it (of course many would lose it) It being my only lightning cable since there are none in retail stores, I would hate to ruin it cause I would be without my iPhone

your thoughts?

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
They probably thought about maps and anodizing too. :) But I'm not worried about this one.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
was thinking the same. Just paranoid about it I guess. If that brakes I am screwed just like everyone else

spblat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
was thinking the same. Just paranoid about it I guess. If that brakes I am screwed just like everyone else
Apple has been good about replacing old frayed 30 pin cables. If you have a lightning cable that failed due to normal wear, I bet they'll take care of you.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
Apple has been good about replacing old frayed 30 pin cables. If you have a lightning cable that failed due to normal wear, I bet they'll take care of you.
Yes, but you can't get it replaced immediately. If the genuine apple one fails, it's good to have a backup cable so that you won't be without a phone until you can get to the apple store.

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
Yes, but you can't get it replaced immediately. If the genuine apple one fails, it's good to have a backup cable so that you won't be without a phone until you can get to the apple store.
I doubt it will fail anytime soon. And soon enough they'll have a surplus of chargers.

Quu

macrumors 68030
Apr 2, 2007
They should have given it a rubber foreskin that retracts when you push the connector in to the phone. :D

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
They should have given it a rubber foreskin that retracts when you push the connector in to the phone. :D
That's genius!:eek:

Though if Apple used that and patented it, Apple would probably sue every uncircumcised male for infringing on their patent.

Last edited: