"Your urgent case has been successfully submitted regarding your upgrade override!"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by U4icLab, Sep 14, 2013.

1. U4icLab macrumors regular

Hello! Long story short, AT&T chat rep had their supervisor authorize an upgrade override for an iPhone 5S for $199 (I purchased my 2nd 5 for $200 two weeks ago using another line's upgrade, after previous phone stolen. I'm a Uverse customer, poor cell reception, and good account history…anyways ->) The chat rep (who was very helpful) texted me this during our chat: "AT&T Free Msg: Your urgent case has been submitted successfully regarding your upgrade override! You will be contacted within 48 hours. Thank You, AT&T chat."

Does this mean that the override request can still be denied? In the transcript, the chat rep said he already talked to his sup and said I can upgrade to 5S for $199. My original upgrade date for the $199 pricing was 9/15/13. Will the upgrade be visible in the check eligibility links on ATT/Apple, or do I have to call to actually purchase? What's the 48 hour thing? : / Just trying to do some planning. Sunday evening will mark 48 hours, but I was just curious. Thoughts?

2. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Call and ask AT&T why the heck would we know?

3. SluGuru macrumors regular

What in the hell is wrong with all the trolls on this board? This person is asking what type of experience other people have had. It is not uncommon to get much better advice from people with experience on a forum than a carrier rep. If you have no knowledge or anything to contribute waste your time somewhere else on the internet, preferably educating yourself so you have something to do with your life than being rude to people looking for a little bit of help.

4. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

It's not trolling.... Just call AT&T.... He will get an answer in 10 minutes.

5. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate the support Slu. I too thought my question was valid lol. As we all know, CSR reps can be a bit inconsistent and I was hoping to gain insight as to whether or not the 48 hour thing was familiar to anyone else.
    A majority of questions can be resolved by calling Apple/ATT/Etc, but this is a forum, and people ask questions. Amazing, I KNOW. So to any asocial punks living in their mom's basement dressed in Star Trek leotards, get a grip and if you have nothing polite to say- keep your mouth shut and move on. :).

6. fark macrumors regular

And forum responses about what ATT may or may not are the model of consistency?

7. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

AMEN, OP! I've just about had it with the snarky, self-righteous ones, too.

As far as your question, my friend went to get an HTC One last week and decided today to take it back. He actually had his upgrade date on 9/22 moved up to get the One, but now he wants the 5S. AT&T then officially made his upgrade date 9/20 so he's eligible for the 5S. A little different than your case, but with AT&T showing they'll honor the upgrade date to get the 5S.

8. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

I would be a little hesitant of what a At&t CSR tells you. While they may, "note your account" that doesn't always mean that come release day you'll be good.

Your best bet might be to call a few times, see what reps say.

9. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Can't you login on the website and see if you're eligible for an upgrade? If the website says yes then you're good to go.

10. Rafterman macrumors 68000

You are correct. Even of someone had experience with this in the past, its still only AT&T that can tell someone for sure what their status is No one around here is going to know that.

11. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

Watch it. Twice had managers "override" with only a two week date difference - noted on account and BOTH TIMES DENIED at time of upgrade.

Morale is NEVER listen to ATT Managers!!!

12. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info and support :). I suppose sitting tight and waiting until launch is risky. I'll follow up beforehand. The automated checker on ATT/Apple still shows 2014, and partial on 9/15/13 : /.