YouTube bricked 13-inch Haswell Retina. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaclandNirvana, May 21, 2014.

1. MaclandNirvana macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a 13-inch Haswell Retina.

Shortly after updating OS X to v10.9.3, I was listening to music on YouTube (in Chrome) when the Haswell abruptly turned off. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the room at the time, so I don't know whether any error messages flashed on the screen prior to termination.

I tried turning it back on, but absolutely nothing happened. Aside from the green light on the Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, the machine showed no signs of life.

I've tried resetting the SMS and resetting the PRAM several times. In fact, I've tried both processes with the power adapter unplugged and with it plugged in. The Haswell doesn't respond in any way—no fans, no heat, no display.

Do you have any suggestions?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Sounds like the MacBook Pro's logic board is dead. I'd take it into the Apple Store and see about a warranty repair or replacement.

3. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Take it in for service. It wasnt "bricked by Youtube" though, it just broke while being used, mostly electronic stuff does that, it doesnt break while turned off.

So once it is repaired dont worry about using Youtube again....

4. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I presume you mean 60W (the 15" uses 85W).
    I agree a trip to the Apple Store is needed.

Barney

5. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

^This. YouTube didn't brick anything. Take it in to Apple for a replacement.