YouTube has stripped audio from a video - how can I hear the sound?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ero87, May 17, 2010.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hi friends,

I have a youtube video that is a tribute/interview of my grandmother, who unfortunately just passed away. YouTube has stripped the audio because on some parts of the video there is background music. I would really like to be able to watch/download this video with the audio - does anyone know a way to get around this?

fwiw: I don't have the original file, and downloading the video via pwnYouTube results in a silent mp4 file.

Thanks so much for your help.

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

no i'm afraid not. I'm assuming this is the grandiose work of WMG that stripped the audio. Record companies are so dumb. sorry man

3. mstrze macrumors 68000

Can't you have the original uploader send you the file on a DVD? You must obviously know him or her. I'm sure it won't be a big deal to get you an original. The quality is likely to be a whole lot better too than a grab from YouTube.

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

I've thought of this, but the original file is proving hard to track down...

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

Well, I'm afraid you are out of luck then since YT has effectively trashed the audio from this video.

Next time, we can hope the poster doesn't upload copywritten music within his or her projects.

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

He said it was background music. Absolutely ridiculous that it's been taken down for copyright if it's only background music!

7. mstrze macrumors 68000

If you are posting music online without consent from the author, you are in violation of copyright law. You are using music without paying the author royalties. Doesn't matter if it features the music prominently or not.

That's what makes the Mac platform so good...a few quick minutes with GarageBand and you are good to go with any type of royalty-free music you can devise!