YouTube login on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

This isn't much to do with the iPhone 4 as it has been this way with all of my iPhones.

On my Macbook Pro I can login to YouTube with my google account which is very easy because I use my gmail account a lot. However the iPHone won't allow for this and I've tried resetting my password but since it's associated with my gmail account it still does not work on the actual iPhone.

Whenever you go to YouTube to reset your password it says your logged in with your google account and it just takes you around and around trying to reset the ACTUAL YOUTUBE account.

Any ideas? I'm wanting to login in to my account on my Iphone 4 however it's not being easy to let me get the password. VERY FRUSTRATING!

2. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

If you go to YouTube and request a lost password they will send you a email saying that since you signed in using your google account, you'll need to reset that.

But for some reason the YouTube account and Google account are not linked on the Iphone? Because you can't login with your Google account on the iPhone.

Does anyone know how to log in to your account on YouTube on the iPhone using some other means?

3. ertony macrumors newbie

This is what you do... Log into youtube, On the top right click the little down arrow next to your name and select "Settings". On the left hand side of the page midway down you will see "Mobile Setup" (click it). There you can setup the "mobile" youtube account. Hope this helps...It helped me. I was able to login to youtube via the web with my gmail account but not on my iphone app. Once i did the above steps, i could login on my phone.