Youtube - No longer welcomes Supremacist content

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LordVic, Jun 5, 2019.

1. LordVic macrumors 603

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I personally don't care but I would wager the higher ups would see Dennis Prager as "extreme".

3. LordVic thread starter macrumors 603

No clue who that is.

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I disagree with the decision (I find it dumb), but it's their platform and their right.

5. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Aww I was hoping Kanye and Trump would post more. :D

6. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I see the White House still has an account. I guess Trump must not be a white supremacist after all.

7. LordVic thread starter macrumors 603

I never really thought Trump was a racist or supremacist directly. I honestly don't think he give's a crap.

I think he's just a panderer and is willing to accept any grou pof people, if it means money or votes. While this is it's own form of evil, i'm not necessarily going to say Trump himself believes or actively supports what they espouse. He just won't risk alienating them by standing up against them.

I still think it's a piece of **** excuse and as I said, evil for it's own merrits, but I don't actually think Trump is racist himself

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Not proof of anything. If Trump were held to the same standards as other users, he wouldn't have facebook, twitter and likely instagram.

9. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Now we just need Twitter to follow up on the same thing.

10. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Unfortunately it’s politics. We have 2020 candidates that wouldn’t mind a terrorist to vote in our elections. Even if you’re in the US illegally. It’s all about the number of votes they can get.

11. LordVic thread starter macrumors 603

Yeah, I always wondered...

it's against Twitter terms of service to issue threats of violence.

So, even though he's president, isn't issueing the threat of "Fire and Fury" and Genocide of an entir nation violation of Twitter's terms of service?

12. hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

What happens to all the "Mac vs PC", "Android vs iOS", etc content?

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

You forgot Linux :mad::mad::mad:

14. LordVic thread starter macrumors 603

OH COME ON

we all know BeOS is the best OS

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

AmigaOS FTW.

[​IMG]

16. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

MY EYES.... :eek:

By the way I was referencing Kanye and Trump as supremacists as they quite often tell people they are the best or have the best or both. :D

17. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

All of you are wrong! OS/2 is the master race! Yes I am an OS Supremacist! LOL

18. Zenithal macrumors G3

I can't say I ever saw anything like this on YouTube. Then again I don't seek out trash. My subscriptions are bookmarks to various channels, mostly sports and cars. The YouTube subscription thingamajig isn't as efficient so I've never used it.

19. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Ah, the elitist OS/2 :p:p

20. LordVic thread starter macrumors 603

I have. Weirdly. Even though similar, my subscriptions are all cars and video games.

but sure enough I've had the odd alt-right, or even nationalist, pop up. the wierdest is when I had the odd white nationalist or actual neo-nazi stuff pop up... I'm jewish. Why the hell would I want to see that ****.

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Because the algorithm knows that outrage sells.

22. Zenithal macrumors G3

You misread. I'm not signed into my account when I use YouTube. The only time I ever sign into Google is to check my email. That's it. I use a separate email address for my phone, and much like that, I just use it for email. I have the YouTube app disabled on my phone and most of Google's other services.

I use a separate browser for YouTube because it's easier than wading through folders in a 20K bookmark collection. You also don't need to watch a video for it to be recommended.

Go watch the baby shark video and see how long it takes for it to disappear off of your recommends.

23. LordVic thread starter macrumors 603

baby shark, do do ,dododododod... mammma, shark dododdoodod

I hate you now :p

I dunno. I don't get the outrage culture. if yuo're outraged or don't like something. Shut up and move on. the only time I get "outraged" is when people are not being treated fairly and equally.

I see nazi content in my feed, I don't click it to get myself outraged. I ignore it and move on.

24. Zenithal macrumors G3

I'm past the age where I give a damn about much. I can't say if I've ever been outraged over anything. I definitely don't like Trump as a Republican and think he's the worst President thus far, but I'm not annoyed enough to go protesting outside with a bunch of people. I'd rather watch a footy match.