Zagg Glass *PICS* installed on iPhone 6 *NOW* w Otterbox Commuter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ozshadow, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ozshadow, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

ozshadow macrumors regular

This was a direct order screen protector. It is just big enough to cover the screen, which needs to be lit up when you install it. It feels fine. The rounded edges are noticeable but not terrible. I spent about 5 minutes with the phone on testing the positioning before removing the plastic.

One added note - there's almost no screen rise now with the Spigen Slim Armor case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*********EDITTED****Now with pics of it in the Otterbox Commuter.

The Commuter case leaves the phone feeling much more protected. It has much more lip around the front to protect if dropped. The case fits, but it is no where near as tight as the Commuter on my old 4S. It is almost as if it is looser for more shock absorbing. The shell could probably be tighter, but in the past this caused some cracks.

The button areas feel especially loose, but they may mold to the phone with some use, or not.

I am much happier and far more comfortable with this case on that the Spigen Slim Armor.

[​IMG]

2. jplusc macrumors 6502a

That's a bit disappointing. I'll be returning mine before I even open them. I'd rather wait it out until some better options are on the market. Thanks for sharing!

3. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

Looks about as good as the tech armor I had. By that I mean it doesn't look very good. Just my opinion.

4. sleepyking macrumors 6502

No offense but that is ugly. And I say this while having a Power Support protector on mine, which is ugly too. I think the curves just don't allow for any clean looking protector, glass or plastic.

5. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

Not sure if you meant to quote me, but you're not offending me at all since I basically said its ugly too lol. I threw mine away after 5 minutes. I have a ghost armor applied now. Covers the entire screen from edge to edge.

6. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Can you take some pictures of the ghost armour? And which one did you get? Thanks :D

7. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Would you mind posting photos?

8. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

9. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

Yep mine is just as bad (actually a little worse since the ATT manager installed it a little crooked). I am going to try to get a refund tomorrow and if I do I will just buy AppleCare.

10. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

I should clarify that the ghost armor is not glass. It's basically the wet apply style much like the zagg non glass versions. Can't even tell its on the phone. I can try to post pictures later when I'm home if anyone is still interested.

11. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Yes please! At this point, I'd go with anything that's edge to edge.

12. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Oh really, which one did you get? Just the screen only in ghost armour finish?

The website doesn't even tell you what the different finishes are, very confused lol.

13. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

Ok I can post some this evening. Unlike the older zagg versions you don't get the gross rubber feel or the dents/grooves in the material. I've used one before on my OnePlus one since screen protectors were hard to come by and they offered to custom cut one for me.

----------

I had it installed at a ghost armor kiosk at the mall. They had clear and matte/anti glare versions. I got the clear and am very happy with it.

14. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411245323.058424.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411245335.113725.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411245343.499585.jpg

Here are some not-so-good pics taken with an iPad. Sorry for the quality. There are a couple bubbles that need to cure since it was literally just installed. In my experience all bubbles are gone within a day. Hope this helps!!

15. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Wow that's perfect, I'd have it ordered by now if I was in the US.

In the UK so asking them about their life time warranty and worried about installing it - always taken me a few attempts with the cheap screen protectors because of dust. It's a shame there's no places that install screen protectors here. :mad:

I'll never understand how people manage to install it with no dust.

16. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

The old wet Invisible Shields applied wet can hug the curves. I had the full body kit on an old Blackberry. It was many pieces applied to curved sides and most survived the 3 yrs I had it.

The only reason I am leaving this is for the impact protection on the larger target.

When it is not in a direct light it does not look as bad. In use it is not an issue.

With a bit of luck the Otterbox Commuter will fill in some of the gap.

17. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

I don't blame you for keeping it. If I hadn't got my tech armor for so cheap I likely would have kept it as well. Hope the commuter helps out with that. Post some pics when you get it!

18. ozshadow thread starter macrumors regular

Well my wife approved putting one on hers when it comes in so it must not have looked bad to her.

Maybe one day the tempered glass protectors will get molded edges.

19. Dino F, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

wow, that looks awsome! Love the way the protector actually fits the whole of the iPhone 6 glass front and is 'edge to edge'.

Might have to get one of there cos all the other protectors (which don't fit edge to edge just look plain ugly).

Wonder where we can get these in the UK?!

.....or an alternative could be going without a protector and just buying Apple Care for £79 (UK) for my iPhone which would cover for accidental damage for the next 2 years?!?

Hmmm, decisions decisions.....

20. PC Surgeon macrumors newbie

How is it that you have a black front with a silver back iPhone 6?

21. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

My iPhone 6 is the same - that's the black fronted 'Space Grey' coloured iPhone (the back is grey/silver)!

22. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

Just the way the pics came out I guess. Just a regular old space grey

23. BuryMeInSmoke macrumors member

A couple more shots now that it's mostly cured. Here's what it looks like with a case installed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411300391.386919.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411300401.393047.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411300417.965606.jpg

24. Eeko macrumors regular

Gotta go naked. You know you wanna.

----------

This looks decent, but I've had so many issues with wet install screen protectors :(

25. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Is a Ghost Armor kiosk the only place to buy one AND get it installed? Doesn't appear to be any kiosks in my state.

I ordered the Zagg glass and think I could live with it but the Ghost Armor does look nice!