Zagg invisible shield for back of iPad - pros & cons?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sir Ruben, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

I have just watched some YouTube vids of a Zagg invisible shield being fitted to an iPad. They appear to look very good as long as they are applied correctly.

Has anyone here got/tried one? If so how do you find it?

I can see that it has cut outs for the speaker etc but does it have a cut out for the camera?

2. Angler macrumors regular

I like ghost armor better. Have it on 2 iPads and love it.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

A skin for the back is a fine thing. Personally I prefer BestSkinsEver vs Zagg due to cost, but the Zagg should be fine.

What you DON'T want to do is put that material on the screen. Use one of the static cling crystal type if you're going to cover the screen. PowerSupport and SGP Steinheill are both good, choose the Crystal style for something you can't easily tell is on there.

4. Sir Ruben thread starter macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Thanks for the suggestions, so far my Belkin neoprene slip case has come out on top, everything else just seems to have too many cons. However the iPad has no drop protection when out of it!

5. donnaw macrumors 65816

I've used Zagg shields for several years. Back when I started using them they were the only game in town. I never liked the 'rubbery' feel but there really wasn't any other good choices.

Last year I had Ghost Armour put on my grabdkids' and my husbamd's iPads. Front and back. No rubbery feel, no 'orange peel' effect. It's really nice. I would never go back to Zagg Invisible Shield.

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

a pain in the butt to apply. i will never buy zagg again. it also offers no protection at all if you (for example) have the ipad slip out of your hand and bang the corner on a hard table top. it's a gamble, but for some people, naked is the way to go.

don't get me wrong. zagg makes a really cool product. it just isn't worth the hassle to get so little protection. snap on a belkin case :)