Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
New York
Interested in the Invisible Shield HD, how is the coverage??

I'm weighing options between body skins and i'm interested in the Invisible Shield HD.

Anyone have any other body skins they can weight in on??

I'm interested in how Zagg fits the iPad, i know my brother bought the normal zagg and its not totally covering the front screen it has some space on the sides etc..

I used Ghost Armor on iPad 2, looking into options.

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
New York
I have it and really like it. It's way better than the previous version.

can you tell me if it misses any of the screen? Like my brothers has like 1MM maybe 2 on each side and top and bottom that doesnt have coverage.. presumably for a case or something

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
can you tell me if it misses any of the screen? Like my brothers has like 1MM maybe 2 on each side and top and bottom that doesnt have coverage.. presumably for a case or something

just installed mines and it does leaves about 1-2mm gap on the sides and a little bit less on the top and bottom

fullmanfullninj

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2009
Does it feel close to a glass like surface? How much does it impact picture quality?

I'm not 100% sure about the new HD screens, but it definitely does not feel as nice as the regular screen Not glassy or whatever...rather rubbery.

lindend

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
I'm not 100% sure about the new HD screens, but it definitely does not feel as nice as the regular screen Not glassy or whatever...rather rubbery.

I know how the regular Zagg screen feel..very rubbery. However, the marketing claims the new HD screen feels like glass and several youtube videos seem to confirm this, but I'd like confirmation for someone that actually used it on an iPad 3.

Superman Y2K

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
I know how the regular Zagg screen feel..very rubbery. However, the marketing claims the new HD screen feels like glass and several youtube videos seem to confirm this, but I'd like confirmation for someone that actually used it on an iPad 3.

It definitely has the glass like feel on the HD version.

mushed

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
North East England.
I bought the Zagg Invisishield for iPad 2 for my new iPad (it's hard to get any accessories here in the UK atm) and so far so good, I wouldn't say it was that rubbery in comparison to my iPhone 4s Zagg shield but the look of the screen looks quite nice!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
For the back, a great alternative is BeskSkinsEver.com -- $17 price tag is nice too.

Installed mine last night, good fit and cut. Works with Smart Covers and protects the iPad from any wear. I'd preordered with free shipping (saved $2) last week and received it on Tuesday.

I had a BSE skin on my ipad2 for a year and it lasted very well. I've used their stuff on many cellphones over the years and always very happy with them.

Note: I wouldn't use this material for the screen. Stick with the static cling type such as SGP Steinheill or Power Support.

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
heres a picture of the screen protector. Having a hard time getting the pics to focus so this is the best i can do. The black lines is to show the gaps of the protector

9blys6.jpg

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
i was hoping for a better fit. It doesnt bother me though since i have the ipad in a folio case so it gets covered

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I was using a folio case but now I'm using the smart cover and the Incipio smart feather so I would notice it now.

How is the glare? Any better than no protector?

sfazngiants

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
How does it feel? Is it glass like or on the rubbery side feel? I'm debating between the IS HD or Power Support Chrystal.

Thanks

I haven't use any other screen protectors on this ipad so i can't tell you how sticky it is compare to other protectors. I think that it does feel a bit more rubbery than normal

I was using a folio case but now I'm using the smart cover and the Incipio smart feather so I would notice it now.

How is the glare? Any better than no protector?

Its has a bit of glare. Show reflections a little more. Its usable though.

manchali

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
I ordered the HD Maximum Coverage that covers the front, back, and sides. I was horrible at installing a Zagg on an iPhone a few years back so I want to pay to get it done right.

Has anyone ever had Geek Squad install a front and back shield, do you know how much they will charge? 14.99 each side or for it all? Does anyone have any experience with any other installers that will guarantee the installation? (Located in Bay Area, CA)

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
heres a picture of the screen protector. Having a hard time getting the pics to focus so this is the best i can do. The black lines is to show the gaps of the protector

Using the Power Support Crystal Film that covers the complete screen edge to edge. That gap in my book is just not acceptable! No Thank You!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.