Zagg lets the cat out of the bag?

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Nah, I don't think so. Many many vendors/3rd party manufacturers will do this before anything is announced by apple. They're trying to beat others to the punch.
Usually I've seen they advertise based upon popular rumors and not fact. However many times you'll see the ad, but no product actually exists yet.
I say go for it, order one and see what you get.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
I wouldn't get it. The new iphone 5S might just have a slight change to it (speaker area/newer home button, etc) to make the current cases obsolete. Happened before. This is nothing new if one keeps up with the releases of Apples iphone. Some will try to think what Apple is doing, and low and behold, they make a slight change, and whoops, back to the drawing board.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
If you are keeping up with the news I don't believe it is a secrete that we are going to see an iPhone 5S soon. Its a given.

LS417

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
Probably more to do with their SEO management than any inside knowledge.

AutoUnion39

macrumors 601
Jun 21, 2010
Ha, ha. It's just a place holder. Zagg has no inside knowledge at all. :)
I'm sure that some large accessory makers know exactly what the next iPhone looks like, but are under strict guidelines and NDA.

There were rumors about a meeting last Spring in London where Apple showed off the iPhone5 to their closest third party accessory makers (like Speck, Griffin, etc)