Zagg needs to trim a millimeter all around on their iP6+ GLASS screen protector.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xraytech, Sep 25, 2014.

1. xraytech macrumors 68020

Am I the only one that thinks this?

I pretty much installed it as perfectly centered as you can get it but GLASS still has edges overlapping the curved edge of the screen.

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I disagree. Mine is aligned perfectly and I have no issues at all. No overlapping at the curves, it looks great.

3. xraytech, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Aside from the edges, my install looks good. Wonder what I'm doing wrong.

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

5. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Strange - the verizon tempered glass covers the prox sensor - so far no issues with that.

7. hokeyplyr48 macrumors member

I agree, mine has the edges floating on all 4 sides... So it's not an alignment issue otherwise it'd only be on one or two sides.

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

where did you purchase it from? any chance its a knock off?

9. hokeyplyr48 macrumors member

Got it from best buy last night so I doubt it's a knockoff. I mean we're talking .5-1mm overlap on the sides. It's alright but it's not great overall. Especially for the premium pricetag

10. flyfishdave macrumors newbie

Having same issue too...

I purchased one from Best Buy and I'm having the same issue. PERFECT installation but the borders have failed to seal around the perimeter. I'll be returning mine today.

Either Zagg needs to trim the dimensions as the OP suggested, or check to ensure all the protectors are within spec. While I don't think these iPhone 6 Plus screens are beveled on the edges by hand, maybe there is some dimensional tolerance allowable in the production of the screens.

I'll probably go back to their Original screen protector until they work out the issues.

11. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

12. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah I hear you.

Perfect install from the start but about a millimeter of overhang on all 4 sides. It's not a deal breaker but if Zagg comes out with a version that is a millimeter smaller all around or provides full coverage, I'll buy one again.

13. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue with the iPhone 6 version.

14. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

I bought and had mine installed at a Zagg kiosk in the mall. Mine also has an overhang over the curved part of the screen. There is already a tiny chip on one of the edges. I suspect this won't last long. I'll buy a $10 replacement when this one gets trashed, but I really hope they address this before I do need a replacement or it's just going to happen again.

15. forza1976 macrumors regular

16. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Whenever someone posts a picture on this site of the zagg glass it's the first thing I notice.

17. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

FWIW I'm having the same issue. I've been using ZAGG for years, and this is the first time this is happening. I think it's a major overlook on their part.

18. pjstrrns macrumors member

I bought a zagg the first day I had my iphone6 and it fit perfectly (barely). All four edges stopped before the curve and thus they all looked great. There was about a pixel line short on one side, so you could see the gap if you angled the phone. Not a big deal though.

However I had an issue with my phone and the apple store replaced it. When the apple store guy took off the zagg he dropped it and it got all dirty. I returned it to the zagg kiosk and got a new one. This one however was slightly larger all the way around. Now the edges slightly sick up where the curve is. I took it back and the zagg guy tried another with the same result. He mentioned that his last shipment seemed to all lay on this way.

I am guessing that zagg increased the size of protector to fix the issue of it not quite fitting the display portion of the screen. I would rather a nice smooth and flush protector that is short by a pixel than the edges popped up.

I am going to wait a few months and send in for a replacement to see if they get the alignment better.

19. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

My zagg hex has the same issue. The only difference is that because its more pliable, it has flexed enough to be flush with the natural bend of the phone.

20. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Dirt will collect under that edge as it has a sticky substance on it.

21. ozshadow macrumors regular

My Glass fit perfectly on my black iPhone 6 at launch. The Glass on the white iPhone 6 was slightly undersized left to right. It was impossible get complete coverage. This one was order about a week and a half after lauch.

22. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I agree that there is a problem with the zagg glass. I have installed 3 on iPhone plus and around some of the edges the green shield don't sit right. They really need to adress this problem. It's really annoying especially since I installed it perfect.

23. ArtVandelay29 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue with the Zagg glass on my 6+ not sealing at the edges right at the curve. Someone posted they'd be returning theirs to Best Buy... is this even possible? I'd blown off returning mine but if they'll allow return for refund I'll do it.