ZERO PERCENT say economy is getting better

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Abstract, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

2. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What happened between August and September? There was a group who believed that the economy was getting better in August and then in September they were gone. Were they all working at Lehman Bros.?

3. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Wow.

Here they say that 17% of voters trust hothead McCain more than they trust Obama in "a crisis". (I guess Obama "thinks too much," it's a bad thing to think in a crisis?)

(Add George Will to the list of thinking conservatives who have used the word "fear" when talking about his reaction to McCain)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzc0re_3hQw&eurl=http://gobnf.org/bnf/player.html

4. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Looks to me like the economy is contracting. How can it be otherwise, when the rate of consumer price inflation is greater than the rate of growth in the GDP? That is, if you look at GDP in constant-dollar terms, year over year, the GDP has been in decline for quite a while. I'm paying more but receiving less--and so are all of you--which sorta hurts my confidence, for sure.

How does the country enjoy Good Times when people lose high-pay jobs and then transition to lesser-pay jobs? Something to consider in the blame-game is that for people outside of IT and the financial industry, this trend began in the 1960s. As for buying power, the middle-class has been in decline since the 1970s, even those in the IT world or who worked in the financials.

And this bailout farce is gonna make it a helluva lot worse...

'Rat

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

It would seem as if finally "ordinary folk" have pulled their heads out of their a**es and started acknowledging reality.