Zoom or standard view on 6 plus?

Jmarziano

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Philadelphia
Just curious to see what people are using on their 6 plus's ? The zoom is really nice to have as a feature. In currently using the standard view but might change to the zoom view.

OMAC83

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2013
Lol I freaked when I couldn't get it switched back to standard, starting to catch on to the new texting and liking it

----------

Hated the zoom myself

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
I'm running standard as well. Looks better IMO
Can't go wrong with either one though, these displays are incredible

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
lol with a huge screen like that, why still have small text?

Thats the whole point of having more space, to make it more comfortable to see from a medium distance without straining your eyes.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Just curious to see what people are using on their 6 plus's ? The zoom is really nice to have as a feature. In currently using the standard view but might change to the zoom view.
can you please post a screen shot of the home screen with zoom and without please?

my phone should be here next week and am very interested in how both look. Thanks!

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
I never said it would be strained in zoom, either?

I personally find standard to be more visually pleasing than zoom. People have varying opinions.
I never said you said that.

But the point is that when they are zoomed its easier to read. It also looks more proportional.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
lol with a huge screen like that, why still have small text?

Thats the whole point of having more space, to make it more comfortable to see from a medium distance without straining your eyes.
I'm the opposite, what's the point of more display real estate if everything is just bigger? I like having smaller text and icons so I can fit more and see more on the screen.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I'm the opposite, what's the point of more display real estate if everything is just bigger? I like having smaller text and icons so I can fit more and see more on the screen.
^This. Do you buy a 27" monitor for your computer and run it at 1024x768?

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
^This. Do you buy a 27" monitor for your computer and run it at 1024x768?
Are those touch screen?

think of any time you see POS systems or touch systems out in public and you touch things. Usually the buttons take up the right amount of room. The text isn't all tiny and high res.

regazoid

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Greater Los Angeles
Am I right in saying the dock doesn't rotate in landscape mode if you have it in zoomed view?
Hey Azzin,
You are certainly right in saying that It looks like no one caught your drift though. I like being able to see screens in landscape. It was one of the reasons I bought the 6+.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Are those touch screen?

think of any time you see POS systems or touch systems out in public and you touch things. Usually the buttons take up the right amount of room. The text isn't all tiny and high res.
No, but they don't have to be oversized either. But the beauty is, you can run it either way.

Pochi Hanaki

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
can you please post a screen shot of the home screen with zoom and without please?

my phone should be here next week and am very interested in how both look. Thanks!
There is a picture with toggle here http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/display/

----------

Zoom is better for us older people with bad eyes. I do wish it could be changed on the fly though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.