PDA

View Full Version : Apps the don't work with jaguar

mac15
Aug 22, 2002, 06:15 AM
after having jaguar for 2days, I have realised some of my apps don't work anymore

here is a small list:

Roxio Toast Titanium 5.1.4
Roxio Jam 5
Carracho (quits at startup)
Norton Antivirus 8
Dantz Retrospect 5

thats it so far, I'm gonna test all my apps tonight so it could be more

this was expected but we need updates urgently

jelloshotsrule
Aug 22, 2002, 07:52 AM
toast is the biggest one on your list for me.... hmm.

hopefully everyone gets onthe ball quickly.. just like they did with os x itself.... oh wait..

hippy
Aug 22, 2002, 08:08 AM
I think there is a patch for retrospect ! try their site.

Let me know if it fixes it because I'll be upgrading next week !

Backtothemac
Aug 22, 2002, 08:23 AM
I have not had any problems with Jaguar at all. Everything runs, and runs well, especially VPC. Man, it is much faster.

evildead
Aug 22, 2002, 03:52 PM
I'm scared to install 10.2 if toast and Carracho dont work anymore. I'm sure the well put out a patch soon but... how soon? I use Toast almost daily

any one else have the same problem?

8thDegreeSavage
Aug 22, 2002, 04:18 PM
My toast works fine, ecept the fact that i cant mount disk images on my desktop through toast...which is a bummer...im running 6C115(not a) and Toast 5.1.3

Choppaface
Aug 22, 2002, 04:28 PM
anybody know if photoshop and the rest of the adobe crew works?

my friend says that there are sone probs in PS....

tjwett
Aug 22, 2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Choppaface
anybody know if photoshop and the rest of the adobe crew works?

my friend says that there are sone probs in PS....

there is a PS 7.0.1 update released today. maybe it's the fix for some Jag issues.

jrbohorquezg
Aug 22, 2002, 07:22 PM
Toast 5.1.1 seems to work fine in my machine (at least it loads, haven't tried to burn anything yet). Real One Player doesn't load, though. It's a shame, since they just released it. But then again, real networs is a piece of crap.

crassusad44
Aug 22, 2002, 07:35 PM
Have anyone tested Flash MX? Photoshop, InDesign, GoLive and Flash are all on my must-have, must-work list...

Mephisto
Aug 23, 2002, 11:25 AM
My Toast 5.1.4 works fine.

moby1
Aug 23, 2002, 10:25 PM
Toast 5.1.4 under Jag I burn, I mount, I spread jelly on it.

MacUser1
Aug 23, 2002, 11:22 PM
My Toast 5.1.4 works fine. My only problems are with MS IntelliPoint (i know...) and Palm related programs (HotSync Manager, DocumentsToGo 5.0). I may just have to reinstall them, I'll have to find out. Otherwise, Jaguar is running great! :)

bousozoku
Aug 23, 2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I have not had any problems with Jaguar at all. Everything runs, and runs well, especially VPC. Man, it is much faster.

That's good news. Any increase would be a big increase, especially in Mac OS X! :)

IndyGopher
Aug 24, 2002, 12:00 AM
Intellipoint works fine for me, but I did reinstall it. Toast 5.1.4 also works fine for me, as well as Carracho, although I had to get the new version, as the last one did crash as soon as it finished getting all the servers tracked down. I haven't run into anything that doesn't work.. I'm sure they are out there, though.

iFresh
Aug 24, 2002, 12:02 AM
Dreamweaver and Photoshop seem to work fine.

I lost 90% of my address book which is kinda annoying.

And the Logitech Control Center which Logitech took forever to release doesn't work at all. Does anyone know when they're gonna fix it? Logitech doesn't say anything about 10.2 on their website.

FattyMembrane
Aug 24, 2002, 12:20 AM
i dont have jag yet, but i am almost certain that the latest update to carracho was released specifically to make it run under 10.2. check vt and make sure that you have the most recent version

Sauron1440
Aug 24, 2002, 01:19 AM
USB Overdrive makes a nice LCC alternative... I've been using that instead of LCC for a couple weeks now - works fine with my USB Optical Wheel Mouse doohickey.

ibookin'
Aug 24, 2002, 02:42 AM
Eveything works fine for me with the notable exception of the Netfinder FTP client.

clubmedia
Aug 24, 2002, 09:26 AM
i would like to run nortons but i would like to know if it is ok? does anyone know?

Lz0
Aug 24, 2002, 09:56 AM
After my 10.2 update I tried to create a temp partition in Toast 5.1.2 but that failed the error was "-50". I updated to 5.1.4 and all is fixed.

All my other apps are running fine with the exception of the Logitech mouse/drivers which is now tracking slower than I would like.

Finally why would you want to use Nortons or any other disk/file utility. In all my experience the only time any of them were any use was back in the days of system 8, since then they have been more trouble than they are worth.

Sepulchre
Aug 24, 2002, 10:24 AM
I'm running 10.2 installed as an upgrade and downloaded from ADC - here's what Iíve found so far -

Toast 5.1.4 works fine
Carracho has been updated to 1.0beta 7 and no longer crashes after loading trackers - if your into that kind of thing.
Photoshop has been updated to 7.01 (i think) and seems OK
Norton Personal Firewall has problems 10.2 shows a warning about lowering security of the OS - deleted the npf.kext (the firewall extension) and use the built in firewall for the time being
Norton Privacy Control - same thing as NPF, not much use any way so deleted it :)
MS Office - seems fine
Printing on network printers seems a bit buggy, I get a long pause when the print dialogue pops up, the printer name then appears and its ok again, seems to scan for printers each time which is a bit annoying.

Good update on the whole though entire system seems more responsive :)

mymemory
Aug 24, 2002, 11:30 AM
Aplications that don't run in OSX:
-Protools + plugins
-Digital Performer + plugins
-Reason
-Recicle
-Artmatic Pro
-Motion Dive 3
-TRacks
-OMS and FreeMidi
-Rithmyc Circle Fuse
-Videodelic
-Bunch of After Effects plug ins.

awrc
Aug 24, 2002, 03:34 PM
I believe Roxio's support page promises an update for Toast with full Jaguar compatibility soon.

Other than that, I've not noticed anything major (yet) but then again, I've spent most of my time since receiving it yesterday reinstalling applications.

One strange one I did note was that Vue D'Esprit 4 behaves a bit oddly - the installer screen is larger than the physical screen, and in the application itself the menu bar has a habit of turning blue.

Over Achiever
Aug 24, 2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

Is VPC as fast in the "window" mode as the full screen mode? Is 1024x768 useable? Heres a way to check your VPC emulated speed...

You can in windows go control panel > system
The emulated speed is in the lower right

or if that doesn't work,
1. Click 'Start Menu' then choose 'run'
2. Then type 'dxdiag' and press enter.

I'm starting a thread in the mac help/question discussion for all you VPC users...who will have that best emulated speed?:D

Choppaface
Aug 24, 2002, 04:54 PM
illustrator, indesign, flash, golive anybody? *updates photoshop*

Choppaface
Aug 25, 2002, 01:55 AM
everything seems to work ok for me, except for hotline client (hl server works though...although i might not need either anymore)

toast 5.1.2 works fine for me

scem0
Aug 25, 2002, 02:24 AM
Does anyone use here use chimera as their browser?

Does it run better/at all on 10.2?

Sepulchre
Aug 25, 2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by scem0
Does anyone use here use chimera as their browser?

Does it run better/at all on 10.2?

Yep runs fine, I'm new to chimera so I cant comment on 10.1 - 10.2 differences with this app, but it does seem pretty sweet :D

mmmdreg
Aug 25, 2002, 07:42 AM
I don't know anything yet but Jaguar is coming my way next week..I can't wait...

jelloshotsrule
Aug 25, 2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by mymemory
Aplications that don't run in OSX:
-Protools + plugins
-Digital Performer + plugins
-Reason
-Recicle
-Artmatic Pro
-Motion Dive 3
-TRacks
-OMS and FreeMidi
-Rithmyc Circle Fuse
-Videodelic
-Bunch of After Effects plug ins.

welp, you can cross reason off the list...

chimera is working for me in jag. the first couple times i opened it it took a lot longer than before. but now it seems pretty normal.....

awrc
Aug 25, 2002, 10:35 AM
Starcraft :D

Although given that I was only ever barely able to get it to run under 10.1.5, I wasn't entirely surprised by this. It lets you get as far as choosing the campaign then *foomf*, back to the desktop.

mnkeybsness
Aug 25, 2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by crassusad44
Have anyone tested Flash MX? Photoshop, InDesign, GoLive and Flash are all on my must-have, must-work list...

all of the macromedia MX and latest versions of software DO work with 10.2...i use them myself. piece of advice...switch from golive to dreamweaver. it's much more powerful.