PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar desktop pics.

Backtothemac
Aug 22, 2002, 09:59 AM
Here is mine. Running what I normally run. Man, an I the only person on AIM from Macrumors or what?

mnkeybsness
Aug 22, 2002, 10:04 AM
ha ha...you're listening to Eve6...that's cool...at least it's not some ghetto rap or country

Backtothemac
Aug 22, 2002, 11:29 AM
Well, I have a little bit of everything. 3,560 songs so I just let them rotate, and listen to whatever comes on. :)

Come on bring on the jaguar desktop pics.

dnte42
Aug 22, 2002, 11:50 AM
Well, here's mine. Not really much different from what it was before 10.2 ('cept for the non-transparent dock). Oh well.

Durandal7
Aug 22, 2002, 12:44 PM
It looks pretty cool. I still dont understand how you missed having Jaguar on your new powerbook.:p

macwannabe
Aug 22, 2002, 12:52 PM
dnte42 those are very nice pics on the website, what did you take them with?

dnte42
Aug 22, 2002, 01:41 PM
Thanks. Took them with a Nikon CoolPix 800, not bad for being 2+ years old. Sadly, the pictures don't have a high enough resolution to do anything fantastic with them, but I can still make small prints, at least.

alex_ant
Aug 22, 2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Here is mine. Running what I normally run. Man, an I the only person on AIM from Macrumors or what?
Hey, what's up with that "Our Powerbook" icon in the top right? Is that a new feature of Jaguar? Replacement for the "Macintosh HD" icon? It sure looks better...

MacMaster
Aug 22, 2002, 01:48 PM
Man, an I the only person on AIM from Macrumors or what?

Heh? I'm online...:)

Backtothemac
Aug 22, 2002, 01:57 PM
He,he.

It had 10.1.5 on it, but had the upgrade CD. And I name all our Mac Our"whatever type of system it is".

See the Our makes my wife take ownership in the Mac mentally :)

alex_ant
Aug 22, 2002, 02:21 PM
He,he.

It had 10.1.5 on it, but had the upgrade CD. And I name all our Mac Our"whatever type of system it is".

See the Our makes my wife take ownership in the Mac mentally :)
Is this icon new, though? Because my Macintosh HD icon in 10.1.5 is just a picture of a hard drive. It looks really cool as a picture of the TiBook. Is that a built-in feature of Jaguar or is it something you've customized yourself?

mnkeybsness
Aug 22, 2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by dnte42
Thanks. Took them with a Nikon CoolPix 800, not bad for being 2+ years old. Sadly, the pictures don't have a high enough resolution to do anything fantastic with them, but I can still make small prints, at least.

are you kidding...those pictures have great quality!....well at least as desktop pictures...thanks dnte42

Backtothemac
Aug 22, 2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by alex_ant

Is this icon new, though? Because my Macintosh HD icon in 10.1.5 is just a picture of a hard drive. It looks really cool as a picture of the TiBook. Is that a built-in feature of Jaguar or is it something you've customized yourself?

Oh, no. I got those from X Icons. Go to macnn.com and click on the link in the upper right hand corner. That is where they are. Not bad don't you think.

firewire2001
Aug 22, 2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by alex_ant

Hey, what's up with that "Our Powerbook" icon in the top right? Is that a new feature of Jaguar? Replacement for the "Macintosh HD" icon? It sure looks better...

he made the icon himself.. i also have jag on my pbg4...

it would be sorta neat, though,- if it was included with the os :)..

-f

alex_ant
Aug 22, 2002, 03:13 PM

Oh, no. I got those from X Icons. Go to macnn.com and click on the link in the upper right hand corner. That is where they are. Not bad don't you think.
Thanks for the tip. :)

mac15
Aug 22, 2002, 05:19 PM
well here is mine, I would change the background, I need to get out photoshop and do some cause I have been lazy

mac15
Aug 22, 2002, 05:24 PM

I'm always on and your never there, I have been trying to talk to you for ages

my AIMs mac15mac, I know yours so whats doing

G5orbust
Aug 22, 2002, 07:51 PM
hey guys

i wanna know the screen names from people on mac rumors.

could i possibly have them?

mine is wanabpunkrawker2

Its on AIM.

dnte42
Aug 22, 2002, 09:08 PM
Simple, dnte42

sparkleytone
Aug 22, 2002, 09:20 PM
duke, how is chimera treating you in Jaguar?? any noticeable performance differences, good or bad?? Also, AL had mentioned that the preferences are much more forgiving at finding and keeping alternate browsers when setting defaults.

MacMaster
Aug 22, 2002, 10:53 PM
Just look in people's profiles for their AIM thingys...Mine's in mine...:rolleyes:

peterjhill
Aug 23, 2002, 06:58 AM
Here you go. Like the XDarwin? I do.