PDA

View Full Version : Did i miss something with the free iPod touch promotion?

mikejd1
Aug 25, 2010, 11:52 AM
But when i just got it in the mail, it is the 2nd gen??? When i loaded ios 4 on it, no multi-tasking nor background wallpaper.

Is this true?

skiltrip
Aug 25, 2010, 11:53 AM
But when i just got it in the mail, it is the 2nd gen??? When i loaded ios 4 on it, no multi-tasking nor background wallpaper.

Is this true?

Yes.

and,

Yes.

mikejd1
Aug 25, 2010, 11:54 AM
Yes.

and,

Yes.

well that's crap, and misleading :(

skiltrip
Aug 25, 2010, 11:56 AM

Not really. It was clearly spelled out, and it's what they do every year. What were you expecting to happen? I'm curious what you thought you were getting? The current 8GB model IS a 2nd gen. I don't see where you feel you've been misled.

lionheartednyhc
Aug 25, 2010, 11:59 AM

I missed the part that said "Free iPod touch, of the latest generation, that will run multitasking and wallpapers."

Was that in the fine print?

mikejd1
Aug 25, 2010, 12:00 PM
i dunno, maybe i did it too fast, or assumed, which is why assuming is not good. But it doesn't clearly spell this out. And why is an 8gig 2nd gen iPod touch $199.99 anyway?

I'm just in a bitching mood today

lionheartednyhc
Aug 25, 2010, 12:03 PM
i dunno, maybe i did it too fast, or assumed, which is why assuming is not good. But it doesn't clearly spell this out. And why is an 8gig 2nd gen iPod touch $199.99 anyway?

I'm just in a bitching mood today

What did you expect them to say? It clearly said 2nd gen. Did you want them to say "Free iPod touch, 2nd generation! IT DOESNT DO ANY OF THE COOL FEATURES"??

Uh..because thats what they priced it at? Do you want us to break down the manufacturing costs, overhead, labor, and profit margins for you? :confused:

mikejd1
Aug 25, 2010, 12:05 PM
What did you expect them to say? It clearly said 2nd gen. Did you want them to say "Free iPod touch, 2nd generation! IT DOESNT DO ANY OF THE COOL FEATURES"??

Uh..because thats what they priced it at? Do you want us to break down the manufacturing costs, overhead, labor, and profit margins for you? :confused:

yea you're right, i do see the print now. d'oh!

skiltrip
Aug 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
yea you're right, i do see the print now. d'oh!

The current 8GB is a nice iPod touch. Enjoy it. I got my wife one recently, and she loves it.

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 25, 2010, 01:12 PM
http://store.apple.com/us_epp_5001112/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?mco=MTAyNTQzMjU

nexus14
Aug 25, 2010, 01:53 PM
The 8 gb is 2nd gen. Only 32gb and 64gb are 3rd gen ipod touch

GregR
Aug 26, 2010, 11:06 AM
The only time I would even consider that promotion is when we are gearing up for the 6th gen release, which would be when the 4th gen is the one offered