PDA

View Full Version : Apple to hold "special event" September 1st!

Biker
Aug 25, 2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah its official people

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/25/apple-to-hold-special-event-september-1st-well-be-there-li

SoraLimit
Aug 25, 2010, 01:03 PM
Wow, that's earlier than I thought. :):)

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 25, 2010, 01:05 PM
Next Wednesday!

izimzis
Aug 25, 2010, 01:06 PM
seriously this destroys all my hope for a fully upgraded entry level ipod now we are just going to have a 3g for 199$ :/

milbournosphere
Aug 25, 2010, 01:07 PM
I would imagine that any new products wouldn't be available until after 7 September. They usually wait to release new iPods until after the summer promo is over...

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 25, 2010, 01:08 PM
I would imagine that any new products wouldn't be available until after 7 September. They usually wait to release new iPods until after the summer promo is over...

Not necessary. They could release them right away and the new ipods just wont be counted in the back to school promotion.

how hard is this for people to understand?

izimzis
Aug 25, 2010, 01:12 PM
so apple has been selling two complete line ups of ipods generations at the same time?:rolleyes:

milbournosphere
Aug 25, 2010, 01:12 PM
how hard is this for people to understand?

I get it, but I imagine that this approach would be somewhat difficult to explain in stores. I hate it when promos have 'some restrictions apply' tagged onto them. IMO, it would be better to just wait until after the promo is over.

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 25, 2010, 01:15 PM
so apple has been selling two complete line ups of ipods generations at the same time?:rolleyes:

of course

http://store.apple.com/us_epp_5001112/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?mco=MTAyNTQzMjU

the 8Gb is the second gen. They do the same for the iphone. Chances are this year the 16GB 3rd gen will make its may as a low end model.

I get it, but I imagine that this approach would be somewhat difficult to explain in stores. I hate it when promos have 'some restrictions apply' tagged onto them. IMO, it would be better to just wait until after the promo is over.

Same here, but they want to make sales no? Besides most have already taken advantage of the prom those who havn't just have to deal with the fact its the second gen touch.

izimzis
Aug 25, 2010, 01:17 PM

with complete line ups i mean complete just like the mac line up....

skiltrip
Aug 25, 2010, 01:17 PM
It's entirely thinkable that the announcement part is a week early, but the actual release is when we all thought, sometime after the 7th.

I just bought a refurb 3g, so here's the moment of truth as to whether it's worth a return or not.

ChrisGonzales90
Aug 25, 2010, 01:19 PM
It's entirely thinkable that the announcement part is a week early, but the actual release is when we all thought, sometime after the 7th.

I just bought a refurb 3g, so here's the moment of truth as to whether it's worth a return or not.

i think back in 2007 the ipod event was on the 12th. a "week" late. :rolleyes:

Who cares when its announced. If its a week early who cares.

jacquesrk
Aug 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
Is it the case then that the newest iPod touch won't have a video camera like the iPod nano? For me, that would be much more useful than a forward-facing camera for Facetime.

aznguyen316
Aug 25, 2010, 01:53 PM
so glad it's so soon. Just next week, won't have to suffer through too much classes without an ipod lol. Okay so question, how soon after an ipod event are ipods usually available? I want to buy mine through Best Buy CC and interest lol.

nexus14
Aug 25, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hahaha, I bet Apple pushed the event a week early to tell Bloomberg that their predictions blowww

Derkatwork
Aug 25, 2010, 02:19 PM
Hahaha, I bet Apple pushed the event a week early to tell Bloomberg that their predictions blowww

Apple is spiteful? Not at all. However, I wouldn't want them to remove the A4, camera, and 512 RAM just to disprove Gruber.

SlovakApple
Aug 25, 2010, 02:31 PM
Can't wait to see what they bring this year.:D

Derkatwork
Aug 25, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well, the likelihood of a fresh rumor at this point is quite low. Do we sit here patiently for a week? Or has Gizmodo found an ipod touch 4 in a bar somewhere?

AceFernalld
Aug 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
i think back in 2007 the ipod event was on the 12th. a "week" late. :rolleyes:

Who cares when its announced. If its a week early who cares.

The event was on the 5th in 2007. :eek:

sarmo187
Aug 25, 2010, 03:51 PM
Apple is spiteful? Not at all. However, I wouldn't want them to remove the A4, camera, and 512 RAM just to disprove Gruber.

are you serious??? -_- unlike you, most people actually want these things

Derkatwork
Aug 25, 2010, 05:17 PM
are you serious??? -_- unlike you, most people actually want these things

What are you talking about? I would love all of that. I have a decaying 1G touch. Just the A4 and RAM would be worth the upgrade. Also, I said

I wouldn't want them to remove the A4, camera, and 512 RAM just to disprove Gruber.

nexus14
Aug 25, 2010, 05:51 PM

Haha, I would be disappointed if these features did not appear. I am always amazed at the secrecy of these product releases. Surely, they've been in production for months yet nothing substantial has been leaked.

Derkatwork
Aug 25, 2010, 06:05 PM
Haha, I would be disappointed if these features did not appear. I am always amazed at the secrecy of these product releases. Surely, they've been in production for months yet nothing substantial has been leaked.

I can only assume that they have kept a closer watch on things since the iphone 4.

Ipodize
Aug 26, 2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah its official people

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/25/apple-to-hold-special-event-september-1st-well-be-there-li

Where are the invites? :confused:

EDIT: I take that back. The invites are all over the place now! :D

Panther71
Aug 28, 2010, 11:08 AM
Isn't the back to school promo over on September 7? I can't imagine Apple will start selling the 4G until after that date. I think the sales of the 4G will be September 8, exactly one week after the special event.

sarmo187
Aug 28, 2010, 01:03 PM
Isn't the back to school promo over on September 7? I can't imagine Apple will start selling the 4G until after that date. I think the sales of the 4G will be September 8, exactly one week after the special event.

No they could sell it immediately, it doesnt matter if the event is still going.. some people dont care if its the newest one.. they just want a free itouch :p