Any one else?

Josh0806
Aug 27, 2010, 03:44 PM
Yes, definitely

iperson21
Aug 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
dude. iPod Touch=amazing
iPod Touch+back camera for random shots=even more amazing
iPod Touch+back camera for random shots+front camera for video chat=even more amazing than even more amazing
iPod Touch+back camera for random shots+front camera for video chat+retina display= even more amazing than even more amazing than even more amazing.

that would be my dream iPod.

but my dream is coming true september 1st when i get my MBP with my new 32gb iTouch. =D

dhlee528
Aug 27, 2010, 04:08 PM
my dream is coming true september 1st when i get my MBP with my new 32gb iTouch. =D

Just so you know, if you want to get new Ipod touch, you have to pay full price for ipod touch

you don't get rebate

battlekid
Aug 27, 2010, 04:09 PM
Yep. Rebate expires before september 1st.

dhlee528
Aug 27, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yep. Rebate expires before september 1st.

Rebate does not expire on Sep. 1st

http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BackToSchool_TermsConditions_US_2010.pdf

longball11
Aug 27, 2010, 04:21 PM
Rebate does not expire on Sep. 1st

http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BackToSchool_TermsConditions_US_2010.pdf

Ends sept 7 but it doesn't qualify for the new upcoming ipods, only the ones that are out now.

Slix
Aug 27, 2010, 04:30 PM
I'll be getting one on release day. :D

Plutonius
Aug 27, 2010, 05:12 PM
I said it first.

Any one else?

Will you still buy one if
1) Does not have a back camera ?
2) Does not have a retina display ?
3) Is more expensive ?

People are setting themselves up for a major disappointment. Keep your expectations of the new Touch low then you be happy on announcement day.

fel10
Aug 27, 2010, 05:27 PM
Me too!!! Retina Display, Rear Camera, and a Bult-In Mic. Day one buy for me!!!

sarmo187
Aug 27, 2010, 06:34 PM
3) Is more expensive ?

People are setting themselves up for a major disappointment. Keep your expectations of the new Touch low then you be happy on announcement day.

1. No
2. No
3. No
Its sad but your right :/

theman24
Aug 27, 2010, 06:38 PM
I said it first.

Any one else?

As if!:D:D

If apple did that it would cut the sales for Iphone!

WHY would they do that?:apple:

theman24
Aug 27, 2010, 06:38 PM
I said it first.

Any one else?

:^(

sarmo187
Aug 27, 2010, 07:13 PM
As if!:D:D

If apple did that it would cut the sales for Iphone!

WHY would they do that?:apple:

Why would it cut sales.. a lot of people want the iPhone just for the calling feature and the GPS, Compass, etc.. Apple has already sold a lot of iPhone's so its not going to cut sales :apple:

iThinkergoiMac
Aug 27, 2010, 10:12 PM
3) Is more expensive ?

1 - Maybe
2 - No. This is the key make it or break it feature for me.
3 - Maybe

Peterson8765
Aug 27, 2010, 10:55 PM
A touch with dual cams would make my day.

GregR
Aug 27, 2010, 11:09 PM
3) Is more expensive ?

Yes and yes and yes. This is a needed upgrade from first gen...

tonibar
Aug 28, 2010, 03:47 AM
I use Evernote and just I want update my 2G ipod to upload photos and voice records then I need a good rear camera and mic, I dont care face-time... retina display will be great :D ... and 3G will be PERFECT !

Ds92
Aug 28, 2010, 07:07 AM
I use Evernote and just I want update my 2G ipod to upload photos and voice records then I need a good rear camera and mic, I dont care face-time... retina display will be great :D ... and 3G will be PERFECT !

Sounds like you're looking for an iPhone 4

J&JPolangin
Aug 28, 2010, 07:31 AM
Retina display and 3G, I'd buy it... camera's aren't make or break for me as they usually suck in combo devices anyway...

AceFernalld
Aug 28, 2010, 07:43 AM
iPod Touch+back camera for random shots+front camera for video chat+retina display= even more amazing than even more amazing than even more amazing.

that would be my dream iPod.

I completely agree! 4 more days! :D

Derkatwork
Aug 28, 2010, 09:14 AM
3) Is more expensive ?

YES. I own a broken 1G. I think it is worth it. I could care less if it has no camera. The A4 and the other features that it will have (since there MUST be some new features) are worth it.

tubemonkey
Aug 28, 2010, 11:04 AM
YES. I own a broken 1G. I think it is worth it. I could care less if it has no camera. The A4 and the other features that it will have (since there MUST be some new features) are worth it.

But then, those new features could be nothing more than a front facing webcam and a rear facing Nano-type video cam. The mic would still be last year's headphone style.

Steve's way of saying "if you want iPhone features, then buy an iPhone and pay for the data plan".

Plutonius
Aug 28, 2010, 12:25 PM
But then, those new features could be nothing more than a front facing webcam and a rear facing Nano-type video cam. The mic would still be last year's headphone style.

Steve's way of saying "if you want iPhone features, then buy an iPhone and pay for the data plan".

You will not see a rear facing video camera since it would require a mike. The earplug mic would be fine for a front facing camera.

tubemonkey
Aug 28, 2010, 02:47 PM
You will not see a rear facing video camera since it would require a mike.

Steve's latest "invention" - silent movies. :D

Dagless
Aug 28, 2010, 03:34 PM
Dual cameras, retina display and 128gb storage. You'll be fighting me off for the first place in the line.

sarmo187
Aug 28, 2010, 04:25 PM
Dual cameras, retina display and 128gb storage. You'll be fighting me off for the first place in the line.

If the 128gb is $400 i just might cum myself :eek::eek:

Derkatwork
Aug 28, 2010, 05:07 PM

I thought we all agreed that there was almost no chance of a 128GB touch. 64GB will likely be the limit. The extra storage would be expensive and things like a camera would be better to have than a little extra space.

Dagless
Aug 28, 2010, 07:35 PM
I thought we all agreed that there was almost no chance of a 128GB touch. 64GB will likely be the limit. The extra storage would be expensive and things like a camera would be better to have than a little extra space.

I'm sorry I wasn't around for that meeting.

If there is no storage increase then the iPod touch would have maxed out at 64 for 3 years. That's a bit bad.

J&JPolangin
Aug 28, 2010, 09:22 PM
I doubt it will have 128Gb flash storage, prices haven't come down enough yet for :apple: to make their insane profit margin and keep it the same price point...

Peterson8765
Aug 28, 2010, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't around for that meeting.

If there is no storage increase then the iPod touch would have maxed out at 64 for 3 years. That's a bit bad.

Its only had 64GB for one year though.

Guiguiga
Aug 28, 2010, 10:04 PM
Do you guys think the new rumor might be true????

Ds92
Aug 28, 2010, 10:35 PM
Do you guys think the new rumor might be true????

God, I hope not!

1. It'll be ridiculously redundant
2. It'll be ridiculously redundant...

sarmo187
Aug 28, 2010, 11:21 PM

LMAO ! :D wow i laughed so hard at that ^

J&JPolangin
Aug 29, 2010, 12:16 AM

LMAO ! :D wow i laughed so hard at that ^

...and somehow, people would believe it:eek::D:eek:

SaMaster14
Aug 29, 2010, 01:16 AM
I said it first.

Any one else?

Definitely!! :)

And hopefully a new hardware design too.

saberahul
Aug 29, 2010, 02:05 AM
No matter what they do- even if they don't put any upgrades to it - I'm still getting it and trading in my old one. Honestly, I'm very indifferent on what the IPT will have as I won't use it as much however facetime I may use. I just want them to release 4.1 for iPad already.

Dagless
Aug 29, 2010, 06:24 AM
God, I hope not!

1. It'll be ridiculously redundant
2. It'll be ridiculously redundant...
As ridiculously redundant as an iPad with 3G? Look how that turned out for them...

Its only had 64GB for one year though.

Doops, I meant 2 years. But still 64gb is not an awful amount of storage for what Apple claim is a gaming device, a video and MP3 player, a PDA etc.

Derkatwork
Aug 29, 2010, 02:21 PM
Doops, I meant 2 years. But still 64gb is not an awful amount of storage for what Apple claim is a gaming device, a video and MP3 player, a PDA etc.

I highly doubt that 128GB is a reality. It is a gaming device and extra storage would not be as nice as a camera (or two). Does anyone actually fill 64GB? If so, add less movies since apps take very little and I don't know anyone with over 15 GB of music. Would anyone really want extra space, or better features like A4, 512 RAM, and Retina? Those features with cameras would bring the touch close to a Nintendo DS as it has two cameras.

nanderson97
Aug 29, 2010, 07:55 PM
I am probably going to get an iPod touch regardless of the upgrades because I've wanted one since the last iPod update and I currently have a 120 GB iPod classic

sarmo187
Aug 29, 2010, 08:31 PM
I highly doubt that 128GB is a reality. It is a gaming device and extra storage would not be as nice as a camera (or two). Does anyone actually fill 64GB? If so, add less movies since apps take very little and I don't know anyone with over 15 GB of music. Would anyone really want extra space, or better features like A4, 512 RAM, and Retina? Those features with cameras would bring the touch close to a Nintendo DS as it has two cameras.

Well I don't have more than about 5-6 GB of music, maybe 15-20 GB of movies and maybe 2 GB of apps.. so 32 is probably the limit for me... idk what they fill a 64 with besides loads of movies :rolleyes: