PDA

View Full Version : iPod Boot Problem

Austin2048
Aug 28, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hey everyone, my iPod touch is having a weird boot problem. Before this happened i wiped my ipod by going into settings and doing the reset that erases everything. I wasnt watching my ipod as it was being reset but when i came back to it the apple logo was on the screen, on the apple logo was a spinning loader, and almost at the top of the screen there was a multi colored line about a pixel thick. After a few minutes of this happening the screen flashes white and it does the normal boot screen but then changes to the boot screen with the spinner and the line. I left my ipod sitting like this for a while then i force shut it down. When i went to reboot it it did the same thing. Any suggestions?

-Austin

Corndog5595
Aug 28, 2010, 11:21 AM
the latest jailbreak (Jailbreakme) does this. You have nothing to be worried about.

Austin2048
Aug 28, 2010, 11:40 AM
I never ussed the new jailbreak. I used redsn0w. And how do i get my ipod to boot up normally? Im trying to sell it and i cant sell it like this

Corndog5595
Aug 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
Oh Iím sorry, I just reread your post.

Mine has the weird pixel line but it ends up booting up successfully.

Austin2048
Aug 28, 2010, 11:53 AM
Do you know what i can do to fix this?

Austin2048
Aug 28, 2010, 06:50 PM
Ok well my step dad is letting me put itunes on his laptop so i am going to try and do a restore