PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy people with new iPod touch. What do you want?

hcho3
Sep 1, 2010, 06:24 PM
I already see people crying about base model is 8GB.

New iPod touch has

Retina Display, A4 Chip (1GHZ) and 5 megapixel camera and Front facing camera

All this for 229 dollars.

iPod touch is a Mp3 player with music.

People are crying about GPS. People are crying about camera not taking high resolution pictures.

Tell apple that you will pay 299 dollars for base model, then apple will give you what you want.

miles01110
Sep 1, 2010, 06:25 PM
A unicorn tracker.

hcho3
Sep 1, 2010, 06:28 PM
You can jail break for it, Ok? There is an app for that.

Ipodize
Sep 1, 2010, 06:28 PM
New iPod touch has

Retina Display, A4 Chip (1GHZ) and 5 megapixel camera and Front facing camera

The Retina used on the Touch isn't the same as the one on the iPhone, the iPhone one uses IPS technology whereas the iTouch dosen't.

Plus, the cam isn't 5MP. It's only 960 by 720 :(

hcho3
Sep 1, 2010, 06:31 PM
The Retina used on the Touch isn't the same as the one on the iPhone, the iPhone one uses IPS technology whereas the iTouch dosen't.

But, it captures 720P HD VIDEO?

Link2999

If you wanted to know 960x720 turns out to be .7MP

xxNinjaxx
I totally agree with you.. I was expecting flash for the camera.. but really not a big deal. Apple did put out a lot in the iPod Touch and for the price it's reasonable.. I find GPS totally unnecessary in an iPod Touch. But if they ever plan to add it in the future, it's a good bonus ;)

gta50419
Sep 1, 2010, 06:41 PM
at least a decent still pic cam....putting a .7mp cam in a ipod is like putting a 8 track player in a 2011 Bentley

Code.Red
Sep 1, 2010, 06:42 PM
The Retina used on the Touch isn't the same as the one on the iPhone, the iPhone one uses IPS technology whereas the iTouch dosen't

Where are you getting this information from?

Ipodize
Sep 1, 2010, 06:46 PM
But, it captures 720P HD VIDEO?

Don't ask me. Ask Jobs.

He probably wanted to make it as undercut as possible, so he would have something to improve on next year.

hcho3
Sep 1, 2010, 06:53 PM
Don't even get it start about next year. Next year, apple will probably release iPhone 5 with 8 megapixel camera with 1080P recording. When ipod touch goes with 720P HD, people will cry out loud about 1080P.

Crying. Crying. And even more crying.

Ipodize
Sep 1, 2010, 07:01 PM
Where are you getting this information from?

Other people ;)

mosx
Sep 1, 2010, 07:05 PM
Pixel count doesn't mean anything in a camera. Pixel quality is far more important.

Case in point, look at the shots of the iPhone 4 vs. the Evo. iPhone 4 walks all over the Evo, despite having a significantly lower resolution sensor.

With that said, the new iPod touch is awesome. However, they should have made it thicker and given it the iPhone 4's camera and LED flash and they need to get rid of that stainless steel back.

SoraLimit
Sep 1, 2010, 07:05 PM
It's pretty damn sexy, although they have a chrome-like back. That's the only thing that pisses me off.

hcho3
Sep 1, 2010, 07:09 PM
Pixel count doesn't mean anything in a camera. Pixel quality is far more important.

Case in point, look at the shots of the iPhone 4 vs. the Evo. iPhone 4 walks all over the Evo, despite having a significantly lower resolution sensor.

With that said, the new iPod touch is awesome. However, they should have made it thicker and given it the iPhone 4's camera and LED flash and they need to get rid of that stainless steel back.

It's obvious that apple doesn't want to hurt iPhone 4 sales with iPod touch.

Owen.C
Sep 1, 2010, 07:10 PM
Hopefully its a bit cheaper in shops.

aznguyen316
Sep 1, 2010, 07:14 PM
mostly unhappy about the fail rear cam and the chrome backing. Engadget's hands on you could already see the scratches. Invisible shield is a must for me if I opt to go with the Touch. And no, I don't want a case - why talk about how thin it is if you're gonna slap a case on. I didn't care for a front facing cam at all.

leomac08
Sep 1, 2010, 07:15 PM
Not even 1.3MP! Haha

But I love it!

:D

ECUpirate44
Sep 1, 2010, 07:20 PM
Other people ;)

Other people are wrong... Its the same exact retina display thats on the iphone

randomerratum
Sep 1, 2010, 07:21 PM
960x720 is broadcast resolution HD...

DVCProHD cameras acquire at this resolution and use non-square pixels to make up the 16x9 aspect ratio. Yes, it's a cheat- but it's imperceptible and being progressive alone already makes it leaps and bounds over standard def.

Gen
Sep 1, 2010, 07:23 PM
Where is my 128GB model?

jmor
Sep 1, 2010, 07:31 PM
Where is my 128GB model?

+1 I wanted larger storage, but overall a good update. Although I was expecting and now kind of want-a better rear facing camera. I guess we can't have it all.

iKimm
Sep 1, 2010, 07:35 PM
I really wish they changed the back - my old one is all scratched up. Yes... I know ... Get a case!

tadad1
Sep 1, 2010, 07:42 PM
Other people are wrong... Its the same exact retina display thats on the iphone

No it is not, they may share the same resolution and pixel count but they are 2 different display types.

The iPhone Retina display uses IPS technology for improved contrast and greater viewing angle as well as more vibrant color rendition, the new Touch does not.

rturner2
Sep 1, 2010, 07:52 PM
Does the new iPod Touch have in-built mic? I don't think so reading Apple's website :'(

Blackened
Sep 1, 2010, 07:53 PM

Where did you learn this?

Edit: Never mind

al1cre
Sep 1, 2010, 07:56 PM
Does the new iPod Touch have in-built mic? I don't think so reading Apple's website :'(

I've seen a review that says it does have a mic.

leomac08
Sep 1, 2010, 08:11 PM

How do you think people do facetime?

polaris20
Sep 7, 2010, 11:26 AM
For the particular field of PMP/MP3 player, there really is nothing currently out that directly competes with the iPod touch, at least for now. You've got the Samsung YP-MB2, which effectively is a Galaxy S without the phone, much like the iPT is a phoneless iPhone for the most part.

Sony also apparently has some Android stuff in the pipeline. However as I've discovered with the Motorola Droid, Android has a ways to go before it's as consistent as iOS, and I personally wouldn't ditch an iPT for an Android device. In fact, my wife just ditched her Galaxy S in favor of an iPT4+feature phone combo (she's unwilling to leave T-Mo for AT&T for an iPhone). Copy and paste sucks, FB app sucks, and the Market just lacks overall in comparison to the App Store for iOS.

As Mosx said, as long as the .7MP camera takes good .7MP photos for twitter and FB, etc., who cares? Anyone looking to take important pictures should be using a real camera anyway.

I have yet to see any camera phone come close to what even a basic decent digital camera can take.

joe1946
Sep 7, 2010, 11:49 AM
Ask and you shall hear.
Voice Control knows the music in your iPod touch. Want to hear something specific? All you have to do is ask. For instance, say “Play artist Bob Dylan,” and iPod touch does just that. Ask what song is playing and hear iPod touch answer. Tell it to play your favorite album, artist, or playlist. Speak simple commands such as “shuffle,” “next song,” and “pause.” Even have iPod touch play more songs like the one you’re listening to.
http://images.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/images/voice_control_hero20100901.jpg

Record memos (or any audio).
You might have a good memory. But sometimes, it’s nice to have a backup. Record notes from a lecture, a reminder of when tickets go on sale, or a bet between you and a friend. With Voice Memos, you can record any audio you want using the built-in mic on iPod touch or an external mic. Voice Memos will even record while you use your iPod touch to do things such as check email or surf the web.
http://images.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/images/voicememos_record_20100901.jpg

hmmm123
Sep 7, 2010, 11:56 AM

Yes it does.

paulashman
Sep 7, 2010, 12:01 PM
It does have a mic, needs to for facetime!

gillybean
Sep 7, 2010, 01:31 PM
I want it to have 256 gb storage, a 30 megapixel camera with 40x optical zoom, free unlimited 3g+4g, and a bunch of cool sci-fi augmented reality apps.