PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial iPod touch 4th gen Best Online Deals Thread

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 11:26 AM
So like many others, I'm currently monitoring various sites to find the absolute best deals for the new iPod touch. I will do my best to keep this thread updated, and please post any better deals you find yourself.

Current Deals:

MacConnnection is an authorized Apple retailer and from who I bought my 3rd Gen touch. They are now selling the
8GB for $223 (http://www.macconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=11954969&cac=Result)
32GB for $288 (http://www.macconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=11954985&cac=Result)
64GB for $383 (http://www.macconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=11955005&cac=Result).
Free shipping, and no sales tax to any states but AL, IL NC, NJ, NY, & OH.
MacConnection does not offer engraving. Will have them in stock Monday, Sept. 13. (thanks PeachieSky)

MacMall, another authorized Apple retailer
8GB for $224 (http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-MP3-Players-And-Accessories/product~dpno~8203933~pdp.gcdaihh)
32GB for $289 (http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-MP3-Players-And-Accessories/product~dpno~8203935~pdp.gcdaihj)
64GB for $384 (http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-MP3-Players-And-Accessories/product~dpno~8203936~pdp.gcdaiia).
Free shipping. Sales tax in CA, TN. Ships in 7-10 days, according to their site.
You can use ebates.com to get an extra 2.5% cash back from macmall.com
So 288.99 - 2.5%($7.22) = $281.77 (thanks david594)

Amazon has also been a good source for iPod touch 4th gen deals. Their prices have now lowered. Currently $224 for 8GB, 289 for 32GB, and 384 for 64GB, with free shipping and sales tax only in Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington (thanks to ITASOR). Select your size at the link:
All iPod touches (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-touch-Generation-NEWEST-MODEL/dp/B001FA1O18/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)
Use this link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info)to get Amazon prime FREE for 1-year with a .edu account. They normally charge you $79. (thanks getstuff4less)

Thanks to AppleMactablet:
Bestbuy-reward point for a $250 purchase+ 5 dollars in rewards
eBay-wait a month after release price will be 280(32gb)brand new and sign up for ebay bucks to get 5 dollars back total price: $275

The official Apple store is not recommended if saving money is your top concern, unless you have no sales tax in your state and all other sources DO charge sales tax.

Additional note from getstuff4less:
Macconnection may seem cheaper [than Amazon], but make sure the price is cheaper after any taxes. Ebay seems to be the best deal. Don't forget to get cash back from a site like Mrrebates.com for another 3% on eBay and 1% at the Apple store. You also save on taxes in most cases. I estimate refurbs 32GB to cost ~$249 late this year to early next. They have 2% @ Macmall and MacConnection.

PeachieSky
Sep 2, 2010, 12:00 PM
So how long will it take them to ship it out if I order from MacConnections?

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 12:34 PM
So how long will it take them to ship it out if I order from MacConnections?

We don't know shipping times from any sources except Apple yet. I'll add shipping times when they become known.

dhlee528
Sep 2, 2010, 01:41 PM
I'm waiting for newegg

I want to get 3 32gb and 1yr 0% financing on newegg preferred account..

and newegg has no tax on most states and very cheap s&h

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 05:05 PM
I'm waiting for newegg

I want to get 3 32gb and 1yr 0% financing on newegg preferred account..

and newegg has no tax on most states and very cheap s&h

I will update the OP when Newegg posts their prices, then.

AppleMactablet
Sep 2, 2010, 06:51 PM
Bestbuy-reward point for a $250 purchase+ 5 dollars in rewards
eBay-wait a month after release price will be 280(32gb)brand new and sign up for ebay bucks to get 5 dollars back total price: $275

getstuff4less
Sep 2, 2010, 07:06 PM
Amazon charges tax only in Washington. Macconnection may seem cheaper, but make sure the price is cheaper after any taxes. Ebay seems to be the best deal. Don't forget to get cash back from a site like Mrrebates.com (http://bit.ly/aqOiGr) for another 3% on eBay and 1% at the Apple store. You also save on taxes in most cases. I estimate refurbs 32GB to cost ~$249 late this year to early next. They have 2% @ Macmall and MacConnection.

Sorry, ITASOR said:
Amazon collects tax in a few states now:
Quote:
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

ITASOR
Sep 2, 2010, 07:09 PM
Amazon charges tax only in Washington. Macconnection may seem cheaper, but make sure the price is cheaper after any taxes. Ebay seems to be the best deal. Don't forget to get cash back from a site like Mrrebates.com for another 3%. You also save on taxes in most cases.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys; updated the OP. Looks like New York gets sales tax for both MacConnection and Amazon. :(

skiltrip
Sep 2, 2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys; updated the OP. Looks like New York gets sales tax for both MacConnection and Amazon. :(

I live in New York too, and the tax sucks. The only way out is to order from Newegg.com, but they don't always have this stuff right away.

Another tax free option unless you live in Indiana is Sweetwater.com, though they don't have the new ones listed yet. And another thing, is they don't have discounted prices. So Apple's price is their price, BUT, no tax, and free shipping, so you can save yourself the tax at least.

PeachieSky
Sep 2, 2010, 08:22 PM
We don't know shipping times from any sources except Apple yet. I'll add shipping times when they become known.

Okay. Well I called earlier and the representative told me that it'll prolly take at least 2 weeks for shipping once they get them in stock. I decided I'll just wait out the two weeks and order from them. I don't think it'll take long even though this'll be the first time I'm ordering from them. I guess for the mean time I'll spaz over people's pics taken with their ip4g.

Oh btw, it should be mentioned that macconnections doesn't offer engraving. Also, I think you should add MacCall to the list OP. They are only charging 288.89 for their ip4g w/ free shipping.

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 08:34 PM
Okay. Well I called earlier and the representative told me that it'll prolly take at least 2 weeks for shipping once they get them in stock. I decided I'll just wait out the two weeks and order from them. I don't think it'll take long even though this'll be the first time I'm ordering from them. I guess for the mean time I'll spaz over people's pics taken with their ip4g.

Oh btw, it should be mentioned that macconnections doesn't offer engraving. Also, I think you should add MacCall to the list OP. They are only charging 288.89 for their ip4g w/ free shipping.

Yeah, when I ordered my 3G from MacConnection right after launch last year, it took less than a week to be in stock.

MacCall? Not familiar with that site (a Google search didn't bring anything up). If you could you link it for me, I'd be happy to update the OP.

Peterson8765
Sep 2, 2010, 08:39 PM
MacMall has the 8GB touch for $223.99, 32GB for $288.99, 64GB for $383.99. Not too shabby.

PeachieSky
Sep 2, 2010, 08:42 PM
Yeah, when I ordered my 3G from MacConnection right after launch last year, it took less than a week to be in stock.

MacCall? Not familiar with that site (a Google search didn't bring anything up). If you could you link it for me, I'd be happy to update the OP.

Oops. I meant Mac Mall. :p Here you go! (http://www.macmall.com/n/Ipod-Touch/macNavLinks-macNavLinks.219)

maus
Sep 2, 2010, 08:44 PM
Any Canadian deals? I'm planning on buying 2, and I'm not looking forward to the 13% sales tax. :mad:

Peterson8765
Sep 2, 2010, 08:50 PM
I live in Oregon and I look forward to buying one at my local Best Buy or Walmart with no sales tax.

Outrun1986
Sep 2, 2010, 09:09 PM
I believe Office Depot sells these, and you can get rewards with their rewards program (you can sign up for the rewards program free online). I don't know how much rewards you get. If you have old ink cartridges though you can recycle them at OD and they even take remanufactured cartridges which other stores don't and possible add any credit from that to the purchase of the iPod.

Kmart & Sears also have a rewards program where you get 1% back on most purchases with a shop your way card (can sign up for the card online and its free). There are often special promotions where you get more than that back.

Combine a Kmart/Sears online order (or a Best Buy online order) with a cashback program like Ebates, Big Crumbs or Fatwallet for more savings. I think it works with Best Buy in store pickup too.

Staples and Toys R Us also have rewards programs but I don't know if they stock iPods, and if you do an online order it can most likely be combined with a cashback program as described above.

I live in NY and ebay and Newegg are currently the only ways I know to get a tax free iPod. You can get cashback with Newegg and ebay as well.

skiltrip
Sep 2, 2010, 09:13 PM
I live in NY and ebay and Newegg are currently the only ways I know to get a tax free iPod. You can get cashback with Newegg and ebay as well.

Sweetwater.com is another site that sells iPods, tax free, and free shipping too. It's a music store, music instruments, and recording studio equipment, but they carry a lot of Apple stuff including iPods. Same prices as the Apple Store, but again, no tax, no shipping.

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 09:32 PM
Oops. I meant Mac Mall. :p Here you go! (http://www.macmall.com/n/Ipod-Touch/macNavLinks-macNavLinks.219)

Ah, MacMall! I knew something was up. ;)

Added the site; good deal there if MacConnection charges sales tax in your state.

If you guys find a site that has the 4th gen actually in stock for no sales tax in NY, I'll be happy to update the OP.

FearNo1
Sep 2, 2010, 09:37 PM
Can M$ search engine Bing be used to get cash back from an online store?

joe1946
Sep 2, 2010, 09:38 PM
MacMall:" Usually ships 7-10 business days"
http://www.macmall.com/n/iPod-Touch/macNavLinks-macNavLinks.219

That could be two weeks.

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 09:41 PM
Can M$ search engine Bing be used to get cash back from an online store?

Bing is dead. It used to be possible though.

MacMall:" Usually ships 7-10 business days"
http://www.macmall.com/n/iPod-Touch/macNavLinks-macNavLinks.219

That could be two weeks.

Good point. I imagine we'll get better shipping time estimates soon.

FearNo1
Sep 2, 2010, 09:47 PM
How long does it take for amazon to drop prices on touch? Does ebay charge sales tax?

Beric
Sep 2, 2010, 10:00 PM
How long does it take for amazon to drop prices on touch? Does ebay charge sales tax?

I'm guessing Amazon will drop their prices when they start shipping them.

eBay charges sales tax only if you're in the same state as the seller.

Zay1993
Sep 3, 2010, 01:04 AM
Any Canadian deals? I'm planning on buying 2, and I'm not looking forward to the 13% sales tax. :mad:

Ditto this, except my taxes are only 5% up in the Yukon. :D

david594
Sep 3, 2010, 10:34 AM

So 288.99 - 2.5%($7.22) = $281.77

shoelessone
Sep 3, 2010, 10:54 AM
I don't suppose anybody happens to know when Amazon normally get's their stock if iPod Touches after product launch, do you?

I ordered an iPT 32gb on the first of sept, with next day shipping, but according to Amazon it will be one to three weeks before they ship. Anybody have any historic data to back this up?

someone28624
Sep 3, 2010, 11:26 AM

Yep, and at 8.75% in my county. Ugh. Amazon, MacMall, and MacConnection all charge it. $35 for the 64gb iPod Touch. Guess I'm waiting for NewEgg.

eddy100500
Sep 3, 2010, 11:40 AM
Amazon has now LOWERED its prices on the new ipod touch. 32GB is now $288.99 with free 2-day shipping (Prime), 64 GB is $383.99

EJR
Sep 3, 2010, 11:53 AM
Amazon has now LOWERED its prices on the new ipod touch. 32GB is now $288.99 with free 2-day shipping (Prime), 64 GB is $383.99

Just re-ordered, thanks. Kind of pissed off that amazon didn't offer to match my previous order with the new price, but whatever. Extra week now >_>.

Former BlackVW
Sep 3, 2010, 12:10 PM
That's awesome, guys. Thanks for posting the Amazon "drop". It came sooner than I thought; as earlier posted, I thought it would be next week (or late September) before they started discounting.

Beric
Sep 3, 2010, 12:14 PM

So 288.99 - 2.5%($7.22) = $281.77

Thanks, updated the OP

Yep, and at 8.75% in my county. Ugh. Amazon, MacMall, and MacConnection all charge it. $35 for the 64gb iPod Touch. Guess I'm waiting for NewEgg.

Yeah, got to be tough there. Tell me when Newegg gets them in stock, and I'll be sure to update the OP.

Great! Same price as MacMall now, and $1 than MacConnection. ;)

That's awesome, guys. Thanks for posting the Amazon "drop". It came sooner than I thought; as earlier posted, I thought it would be next week (or late September) before they started discounting.

Yeah, it did come a little quicker than I expected.

Derkatwork
Sep 3, 2010, 12:18 PM
I will choose to get if earlier over saving twenty dollars. Does anyone know when the new model will be in retail stores (Best Buy, Apple, etc)?

FearNo1
Sep 3, 2010, 12:22 PM
Will amazon drop the price more to match ebay's expected price?

Beric
Sep 3, 2010, 12:22 PM
I will choose to get if earlier over saving twenty dollars. Does anyone know when the new model will be in retail stores (Best Buy, Apple, etc)?

You don't have sales tax in your state? Adding in the dodging of sales tax and the discounts of online retailers, you're saving $42 at one of the online sources in the OP.

As far as retail stores, Apple should have them at or shortly after launch day. Best Buy, perhaps a few days after.

We don't know for sure yet. I may very well order off Amazon, but I'll wait a few more days to order.

Derkatwork
Sep 3, 2010, 12:26 PM
You don't have sales tax in your state? Adding in the dodging of sales tax and the discounts of online retailers, you're saving $42 at one of the online sources in the OP.

As far as retail stores, Apple should have them at or shortly after launch day. Best Buy, perhaps a few days after.

Thats $42 against 300? A little over 10% isn't as bad. Also, since I'm trading in a old broken ipod, I get 10% off anyways. I'm hoping they are in stores currently. :)

Beric
Sep 3, 2010, 12:40 PM
Thats $42 against 300? A little over 10% isn't as bad. Also, since I'm trading in a old broken ipod, I get 10% off anyways. I'm hoping they are in stores currently. :)

$42 is 1/3 of a textbook or several meals. ;)
Whoops, forgot others might not be stretching finances as tight. But I did say in the OP that Apple stores were not recommended only if saving money is your first priority.

getstuff4less
Sep 3, 2010, 02:36 PM

NO, eBay is an auction site so you have tons of different prices. You can have someone who sells a 32GB @ $279 and another @ $239 (cause they got it for free and need fast cash). Who do they mach?

7even
Sep 3, 2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the Amazon price drop. Canceled order from Apple, I'll wait for Amazon. I have my trusty 5.5G clickwheel iPod to keep me sane until then :cool:

dman244
Sep 3, 2010, 03:19 PM
I ordered my new iPod Touch right away from Apple.com and paid the full $299 and sales tax. I just cancelled my order and bought it for $277 and got a free charger (mail in rebate though). The instructions are here, you just need to use a cash back site.

I was really happy to save some money.

theanimala
Sep 3, 2010, 03:22 PM
I always buy from Amazon, but in this case I had unused gift cards to the Apple store so I had to order from them. Many people work for companies that have an employee discount with Apple. Worth checking out. I was able to get my 64GB to $375 by going through my company portal. Take brought it right back up to $401, but at least I was able to use my gift cards...

dhlee528
Sep 3, 2010, 03:44 PM
I ordered my new iPod Touch right away from Apple.com and paid the full $299 and sales tax. I just cancelled my order and bought it for $277 and got a free charger (mail in rebate though). The instructions are here, you just need to use a cash back site.

I was really happy to save some money.

I clicked exclamation mark

because when you go to that site and click ebates link

it's the one with referrer, and when other people purchases item

that person makes $5 per person

how do I know?

I use ebates too but I don't post scam

dman244
Sep 3, 2010, 03:54 PM

how do I know?

Okay, well that's different. I didn't mean to post "scam". I mean everyone wants to refer people to get their $5. I thought it was a nice extra way to save some money, not a scam.

FearNo1
Sep 3, 2010, 04:25 PM
So he makes $5 off anyone who buys from that link?

how do I know?

dhlee528
Sep 3, 2010, 04:28 PM
So he makes $5 off anyone who buys from that link?

he gets $5 per person from ebates

plus

Beric
Sep 3, 2010, 05:18 PM
Uh guys, I don't think referrals fit in with the idea here, particularly on an online forum.

MacMall has sales tax in CA and TN, btw. :( for CA resident here.

PeachieSky
Sep 3, 2010, 06:16 PM
Uh guys, I don't think referrals fit in with the idea here, particularly on an online forum.

MacMall has sales tax in CA and TN, btw. :( for CA resident here.

Really? In TN? As if tax wasn't high enough here. I'm really glad I went with Mac Connections. The regular price for the new iPT w/ our tax is around $440/$425 (w/ Mac Mall's price). :mad:

maus
Sep 3, 2010, 06:37 PM
Ditto this, except my taxes are only 5% up in the Yukon. :D
If I had to choose between 13% tax and living in the Yukon, I'd suck it up and fork over the cash. ;)

Jk, jk. I'm sure the Yukon is lovely. :)

Beric
Sep 4, 2010, 12:13 PM
Newegg still isn't up with the new models. I was hoping to be able to update the post for our New York users.

I'm guessing they're just not gonna be as cheap this year. MacMall, Amazon, and MacConnection all seem to have pricematched each other, so I'm guessing that's as low as the prices will go for now.

FirePak
Sep 4, 2010, 04:24 PM
Just a FYI if you already ordered from Amazon prior to them lowering the price they will change it if you email them.

arose88
Sep 4, 2010, 05:45 PM
what has faster shipping between the two, amazon or macconnection?:confused:

FirePak
Sep 4, 2010, 06:52 PM
what has faster shipping between the two, amazon or macconnection?:confused:

Im betting Amazon will get it faster and also ship it faster. I have nothing to base this on just a hunch!

getstuff4less
Sep 4, 2010, 09:20 PM
Use this link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info)to get Amazon prime FREE for 1-year with a .edu account. They normally charge you $79.

Amazon Prime shipping benefits free for one year
Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on textbooks and millions of other items
No minimum order size
Upgrades to One-Day shipping for $3.99/item
E-mail alerts for exclusive deals and promotions
It's free for students - sign up by providing your school and major

I updated my info:
Amazon charges tax only in Washington. Macconnection may seem cheaper, but make sure the price is cheaper after any taxes. ebaY seems to be the best deal. Don't forget to get cash back from a site like Mrrebates.com (http://bit.ly/aqOiGr) for another 3% on ebaY and 1% at the Apple store. You also save on taxes in most cases. I estimate refurbs 32GB to cost ~$249 late this year to early next. They have 2% @ Macmall and MacConnection.

Sorry, ITASOR said:
Quote:

I think both of these should be added to the OP.

Beric
Sep 4, 2010, 09:27 PM
I think both of these should be added to the OP.

Done and done. However, Amazon does charge sales tax in more states than just Washington, so you might want to recheck your info.

getstuff4less
Sep 4, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks! I updated my posts.

J&JPolangin
Sep 4, 2010, 10:20 PM
...Walmart also usually has discounted prices but aren't advertising them yet (our base PX also matches Walmart pricing with out sales tax or shipping costs):

http://www.walmart.com/cp/New-Apple-iPods/1075344?povid=cat96469-env203291-module306472-lLink1

Here's what they are currently selling their 3rd Gen iPods for:

http://www.walmart.com/browse/Audio/iPods-MP3-Players/All-MP3-Players/Apple/_/N-58udZ1z0kwxdZaq90Zaqce/Ne-aq6s?ic=48_0&ref=125875.244741+500500.4294074289&tab_value=192_All&catNavId=96469&waRef=125875.244741+500500.4294074289&path=0:3944&catNavId=96469&fromPageCatId=96469

MCRunning
Sep 4, 2010, 10:26 PM
Done and done. However, Amazon does charge sales tax in more states than just Washington, so you might want to recheck your info.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468512

zippyzoom
Sep 5, 2010, 12:38 AM
Anyone know what the best deal is for purchasing one being shipped to NY??
Thanks

Beric
Sep 5, 2010, 01:51 AM
Anyone know what the best deal is for purchasing one being shipped to NY??
Thanks

Apparently Newegg is usually the best (and only) deal for New York customers, but they don't have the 4G listed on their site yet. Wait a few more days and we'll see what happens.

EJR
Sep 5, 2010, 10:48 AM
I don't know how much of a deal this is, but make sure you buy your ipod with a credit card such as american express if possible. They give a pretty cool incentive of extending your manufacturer's warranty by a year as long as you keep the receipt and your credit statement with the purchase, and they're pretty reliable in my experience.

Just a tip...

maus
Sep 5, 2010, 11:04 AM
I don't know how much of a deal this is, but make sure you buy your ipod with a credit card such as american express if possible. They give a pretty cool incentive of extending your manufacturer's warranty by a year as long as you keep the receipt and your credit statement with the purchase, and they're pretty reliable in my experience.

Just a tip...
+1
The Amex buyer's assurance program is great. I'm currently getting my laptop serviced through it.

zippyzoom
Sep 5, 2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the Amex tip. Will definitely be using it to purchase the touch!

Old Blue
Sep 5, 2010, 02:04 PM

Just a tip...

Good advice - mahalos :)

FearNo1
Sep 5, 2010, 02:05 PM
Most of the better gold or platinum cards will double the warranty up to an additional year. Thus its not just an amex feature...

GekiRed
Sep 5, 2010, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know if Amazon charges sales tax if a iPod Touch is being shipped to Michigan as I live in the UK and am planning on buying the new 64GB version on the US Amazon site and have it shipped to a friend who lives in Michigan who I usually ship items to from companies that don't ship to the UK and she ships them onto me (in other words, a forwarding address) marked on the packaging as a "gift", thus avoiding various taxes that I'd have to pay like VAT (Over here, the 64GB has gone up to 329.99 because VAT is going up to 20% in January thanks to the Coalition Government which has already become unpopular in such a short space of time thanks to their continual breaking of promises!) and import duty.

I've already got $35.01 left in online giftcards from another friend which I'll be putting towards the purchase and I'll probably wait another few weeks before it goes down in price a bit more even though it will be handy for my university studies.

It'll be the first time I'll have bought an Apple product, and unlike some of the rabid Apple fanboys/girls (who quite frankly come across as being scarily like the people being parodied in The Simpsons a couple of seasons back), I'm only interested in it (and a 2nd Gen iPad) for the Apps side of things as well as playing the odd Anime/Kamen Rider/Super Sentai fansub or podcast while going to university.

Zay1993
Sep 6, 2010, 03:04 AM
If I had to choose between 13% tax and living in the Yukon, I'd suck it up and fork over the cash. ;)

Jk, jk. I'm sure the Yukon is lovely. :)

Haha it's really quite nice up here! As long as you don't mind the annoying drunks, and the somewhat cold winters. (Winter up here isn't as bad as most people think)

Anyways, does amazon ship up to Canada? I'm going to assume so, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Edit: No they can't. Please don't tell me us Canadians are going to have to wait longer till' we get the new iPods. My 2nd gens headphone jack is screwed and I want a new one ASAP.

NSWMaps
Sep 6, 2010, 01:26 PM
I called MacMall to ask when they'd be in stock and they said September 30th, shipping a week or so after. I'm already locked in with an order for two with them. Oh well.
2 Free $10 chargers + $20 off ipods + AMEX extended warranty and its worth it.

FirePak
Sep 6, 2010, 02:31 PM
I called MacMall to ask when they'd be in stock and they said September 30th, shipping a week or so after. I'm already locked in with an order for two with them. Oh well.
2 Free $10 chargers + $20 off ipods + AMEX extended warranty and its worth it.

Damn! I hope Amazon gets it faster then that! I might just cancel if it ends up taking until October to get it.

cmartz8
Sep 6, 2010, 02:42 PM
Damn! I hope Amazon gets it faster then that! I might just cancel if it ends up taking until October to get it.

Hah, you think October is bad! I just emailed Amazon to inquire about my estimated delivery date because my order staus page still doesn't nave one. they told me I would have it NOVEMBER 2nd! Almost 2 months away. I'm tempted just to cancel to the order and pay the extra $30 and pick one up at a local bestbuy/walmart.

NSWMaps
Sep 6, 2010, 02:49 PM
I'm starting to think they give you the chargers just to make sure you can't cancel. They shipped them this morning and charged my credit card for the rest of the order. :P

FearNo1
Sep 6, 2010, 08:57 PM
I don't plan to order one until Oct anyway. I am going to jamaica sept 22-29 so it would not have arrived in time before my trip. Maybe by then the price will be even cheaper..doubt it tho

PeachieSky
Sep 7, 2010, 08:37 PM
Does anybody status information still say "backordered" from Macconnections or Mac mall or any other site they ordered from besides apple?

david6666
Sep 8, 2010, 11:24 AM
1. You can get 5% cashback from apple.com if you go through shopdiscover.com (and obviously pay with a Discover card)

2. However, I think it's better to get the 1 year extended warranty by using a different credit card. I think the AmEx extended warranty program is much less of a hassle to use than Visa or MC.

3. If you live in a no-sales-tax state, keep an eye on your local Costco, they will probably be charging $380 for the 64GB etc.

PeachieSky
Sep 8, 2010, 03:40 PM
I just called macconnections and the representative told me that they were going to have the ipods in stock on monday (Sept. 13) so people who ordered there should be getting their ipods by the end of the week or the middle of the next week. :)

Beric
Sep 8, 2010, 03:45 PM
I just called macconnections and the representative told me that they were going to have the ipods in stock on the monday (Sept. 13) so people who ordered there should be getting their ipods by the end of the week or the middle of the next week. :)

Updated, thanks.

I have a friend who has a lot of Amazon credit, so sounds like he's gonna sell it to me and I'll get a nice discount off the already low price.

D4ng3rchris
Sep 8, 2010, 08:12 PM
I live in New York also and am waiting for Newegg to come through. Those who live in New York though and can't wait, can try Fry's. They sell it for $299.99. http://www.frys.com/product/6391221 but they charge for shipping ($7.49 for me.) This brings the 32gb iPod Touch 4G to $307.48. Much better than the $289.99 + the $25+ of sales tax for New Yorkers. I don't think Fry's charges sales tax though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quoted from Fry's Website:
"Orders must be placed by 9 pm Eastern Time for same day processing. Please note that we charge sales tax for AZ, CA, GA, IN, IL, TN, TX , NV, and WA."

I hope this has helped at least one person. :)

vanzantapple
Sep 9, 2010, 05:27 AM
:eek: Just checked and Macmall.com DOES collect TAX in NC.

Please update 1st post...

titans1127
Sep 9, 2010, 07:57 AM
I don't even feel like waiting for Newegg anymore. I might just buy from BestBuy and pickup in store or I will order straight from Apple since they have the shortest delivery time (plus I want to use 2 credit cards and only Apple makes it convenient to do so). Also my Bodyguardz order is on hold for some reason so I'm not sure I want to pick one up and then have no protection for it.

vanzantapple
Sep 9, 2010, 10:14 AM
I almost ordered from Apple this morning. Trying to save a little money is getting on my nerves. It's only 20 bucks(tax). :D

Beric
Sep 9, 2010, 10:20 PM
Well, ordered mine today from Amazon. Could arrive at late as October 6. Not a huge deal, as I do have my 3G to hold me over.

AppleMactablet
Sep 10, 2010, 10:29 AM
ordered from macmall Sept 7th still on backorder-saving 40bucks in a patient long wait

Outrun1986
Sep 10, 2010, 12:43 PM
I live in New York also and am waiting for Newegg to come through. Those who live in New York though and can't wait, can try Fry's. They sell it for $299.99. http://www.frys.com/product/6391221 but they charge for shipping ($7.49 for me.) This brings the 32gb iPod Touch 4G to $307.48. Much better than the $289.99 + the $25+ of sales tax for New Yorkers. I don't think Fry's charges sales tax though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quoted from Fry's Website:
"Orders must be placed by 9 pm Eastern Time for same day processing. Please note that we charge sales tax for AZ, CA, GA, IN, IL, TN, TX , NV, and WA."

I hope this has helped at least one person. :)

Thanks for the Fry's tip, I will remember that for future purchases.

D4ng3rchris
Sep 10, 2010, 03:07 PM
If your willing to buy from ebay, this one person is selling 32gb ipod touch at $299.00 + $9.00 shipping. It's much better than having to bid on them. So far this is the cheapest I've found on ebay. There are only 3 in stock though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-touch-4th-Generation-32-GB-Newest-Model-/130430151353?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item1e5e3e2ab9#ht_3339wt_1138

caribou123
Sep 10, 2010, 04:10 PM
If your willing to buy from ebay, this one person is selling 32gb ipod touch at $299.00 + $9.00 shipping. It's much better than having to bid on them. So far this is the cheapest I've found on ebay. There are only 3 in stock though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPod-touch-4th-Generation-32-GB-Newest-Model-/130430151353?pt=Other_MP3_Players&hash=item1e5e3e2ab9#ht_3339wt_1138

I would be hesitant due to warranty issues. You won't have a receipt from an authorized apple seller.

GekiRed
Sep 10, 2010, 04:22 PM
Out of curiosity, is anyone frustrated with Amazon's continual up-and-down price changes on the US site as well as the UK one...

tasarang
Sep 14, 2010, 06:13 AM
I read MacConnection will have them in stock 13 but when I contacted them, they said 17.

fesbgirl
Sep 14, 2010, 08:58 AM
Did anybody order/got theirs from MacMall? They are the only ones that accept PayPal so I was thinking about ordering from them. Do they have it in stock and how long does it take to get the iPod? Thanks.

PeachieSky
Sep 14, 2010, 12:11 PM
I read MacConnection will have them in stock 13 but when I contacted them, they said 17.

Yea. I meant to post here yesterday to report that. When I called last week, they did tell me that they were to have them on Sept 13 but I called yesterday and they said it was going to be in on Friday. I'm guessing Apple is on a storage right now and is pushing back delivery dates for other stores in order to have more time to make them. Idk but the representative told me it's Apple's doing and not theirs.

tasarang
Sep 14, 2010, 01:42 PM
MacMall will have them in stock 30.

ObiWannabe
Sep 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
FYI Walmart just added them for site to store check out online.
$288.54 for 32GB
$223.54 for 8GB
64GB not available yet.
Estimated delivery Sept 24 - Sept 30. Express is slightly sooner. I just ordered and because I'm an employee I get 10% off so I only paid $277 after taxes for the 32GB
Some local walmarts list as in stock, however I went to mine and was told they won't go on sale in store until the end of the month.

SeniorGato1
Sep 14, 2010, 03:23 PM
Picked one up yesterday at Costco in IL for $214.99 + tax. 8GB. They were not on display and asked someone if they can check if they had any in back. They did!

Can't go wrong with:
1) $15 discount
2) 90 day return w/ no restocking fee
3) Double warranty when using Amex/Costco card

D4ng3rchris
Sep 14, 2010, 08:32 PM
Those of you New Yorkers that have waited for a 32gb iPod Touch and didn't want to pay tax. Newegg FINALLY has them on sale!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855101249&cm_re=ipod_touch_4th_generation-_-55-101-249-_-Product

Shipping is $1.99 UPS 3 day

Total Amount: $301.98(for me)

swingerofbirch
Sep 15, 2010, 09:52 PM
I thought I would throw out another option, which is a good deal if you don't pay sales tax in your state. Apple doesn't discount iPods for education but it does for businesses, and your association with the business is pretty loosely defined.

To get to your business store go to http://www.apple.com/eppstore/nameofbusiness

Like:
http://www.apple.com/eppstore/microsoft

8 GB: $215
32 GB: $281
64 GB: $375

You might be surprised how many businesses work with that deal. And you can be a family member of someone who works from the business or retired from it. Or even a contractor of it.

It's still cheaper for me to order from Amazon because of sales tax, so I'm waiting, but thought I would throw this out there for others.

tasarang
Sep 16, 2010, 01:40 AM
I'm so happy that you mentioned about their store for business. My neighbor and family friend works at Wells Fargo so I can't wait to order it tomorrow.

Kibu
Sep 16, 2010, 08:40 AM
The best online deal I know of is Crutchfield with a refer-a-friend code: $279 for 32GB in NY

I ordered on Crutchfield and used a refer-a-friend referal code p6vpi-1szsk-bjxki. It didn't seem to work at first but after I placed the order I got a confirmation e-mail with the following amount:
http://i55.tinypic.com/aemz54.png

So
- No Tax
- No Shipping
- $20 off retail price

To get the discount: you don't need an account. Just put the iPod in your cart and proceed to check-out. Then at the 'Shipping&Payment' screen below on the page you will see a line referring to the Refer-a-friend promotion, just enter "p6vpi-1szsk-bjxki"

When you refer some-one, yourself and the friend gets $20. The referral can only get 2x times the credit per 30 days.

titans1127
Sep 16, 2010, 08:59 AM
I thought I would throw out another option, which is a good deal if you don't pay sales tax in your state. Apple doesn't discount iPods for education but it does for businesses, and your association with the business is pretty loosely defined.

To get to your business store go to http://www.apple.com/eppstore/nameofbusiness

Like:
http://www.apple.com/eppstore/microsoft

8 GB: $215
32 GB: $281
64 GB: $375

You might be surprised how many businesses work with that deal. And you can be a family member of someone who works from the business or retired from it. Or even a contractor of it.

It's still cheaper for me to order from Amazon because of sales tax, so I'm waiting, but thought I would throw this out there for others.

Man I wish I knew about this last week when I ordered my touch through Apple. With tax I would have spent $305 instead of the $325 without any discounts. Oh well no big deal, now I just know for next time.

swingerofbirch
Sep 16, 2010, 12:37 PM
Man I wish I knew about this last week when I ordered my touch through Apple. With tax I would have spent $305 instead of the $325 without any discounts. Oh well no big deal, now I just know for next time.

I would try calling Apple Store Customer Service. Tell them which business you were eligible to have gotten a discount from. If they won't give it to you, tell them you'd like to return the iPod you bought and see if they then offer you a discount. Having worked for ASCS for a while, I bet they'll give you a discount. If you threaten to return something, they can use "Save the Sale" codes to give discounts. They don't want you returning products.

tasarang
Sep 17, 2010, 01:44 AM
Scratch what I said in my previous respond. $215 plus $13 tax :/ No thank you. Better off looking for a tax-free purchase.

skiltrip
Sep 17, 2010, 08:10 AM
Newegg now has the 4th gen 32GB. The price isn't discounted though. And shipping is $1.99. Hopefully they will drop the price at some point for those that were holding out for Newegg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855101249&cm_re=ipod_touch-_-55-101-249-_-Product

natenate
Sep 17, 2010, 03:20 PM
say that two people want to order two 64giggers at the same time from the same place in attempt to activate a deal based around buying ~$800 worth of stuff?
like, buy this much, save this much kind of deal. Anybody have any leads on something like that?

p.s. you guys are pretty awesome to be posting your finds, this is much appreciated. People are gonna wanna have your babies. I can't have babies. Thank god.

-nate

Kibu
Sep 17, 2010, 07:00 PM
say that two people want to order two 64giggers at the same time from the same place in attempt to activate a deal based around buying ~$800 worth of stuff?
like, buy this much, save this much kind of deal. Anybody have any leads on something like that?

p.s. you guys are pretty awesome to be posting your finds, this is much appreciated. People are gonna wanna have your babies. I can't have babies. Thank god.

-nate

I don't think that's possible, cause if you want to buy bulk it should be at least 5 items or so before you will be eligible for discount at certain stores.

I would recommend my option which I mentioned earlier. Buy at Crutchfield with no tax, no shipping and $20 off for you initially (if you use referall code). Then let your friend use your referall code so that he gets $20 off and you get also $20 credit towards a next purchase.

LittleRedBird
Sep 18, 2010, 11:50 AM
1. You can get 5% cashback from apple.com if you go through shopdiscover.com (and obviously pay with a Discover card)

2. However, I think it's better to get the 1 year extended warranty by using a different credit card. I think the AmEx extended warranty program is much less of a hassle to use than Visa or MC.

The extended warranty program is offered on some Discover cards. Mine has it, so you should check if yours does too.

Shopdiscover seemed like the best deal if you need the iPod in a hurry (as is my case -- it's a bday gift). I couldn't wait for the other retailers to get them in stock. I ordered yesterday afternoon and got shipping confirmation early this morning. Should arrive in 5 days!

Jason99kr
Sep 20, 2010, 02:41 AM
Whoever ordered from Macmall.com... i called customer rep. and he said it will start shipping on Sept. 30th..
just letting you guys know :S

Snuggs
Sep 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
I've been searching around for a good deal on the new 64g model, and I have found a couple deals. Somebody was selling one on Ebay for $399.99 sealed with free shipping and no tax. Also, I just purchased one off of Amazon Marketplace for $359.99 sealed. Keep your eyes open as these finds are becoming more common. Best of luck finding your new ipod!

caribou123
Sep 20, 2010, 05:40 PM
I've been searching around for a good deal on the new 64g model, and I have found a couple deals. Somebody was selling one on Ebay for $399.99 sealed with free shipping and no tax. Also, I just purchased one off of Amazon Marketplace for $359.99 sealed. Keep your eyes open as these finds are becoming more common. Best of luck finding your new ipod!

I've said it before and I will say it again. Getting "bargains" on ebay, buying from non apple authorized dealers can come back to haunt you. You have no receipt.

Furthermore, if your read Apple's warranty, it applies only to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER. Someone buying from Apple or any retailer and selling it on ebay is NOT the original purchaser. Just know, when push comes to shove, you have very little to back you up if you need a replacement/repair under warranty.

Does Apple support their products well and sometimes honor warranties without a receipt? Yes. Do they always? No. If you end up being the "no" your $20 savings is going to look pretty small with that defective ipod sitting there.

wootwootman
Sep 20, 2010, 06:59 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again. Getting "bargains" on ebay, buying from non apple authorized dealers can come back to haunt you. You have no receipt.

Furthermore, if your read Apple's warranty, it applies only to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER. Someone buying from Apple or any retailer and selling it on ebay is NOT the original purchaser. Just know, when push comes to shove, you have very little to back you up if you need a replacement/repair under warranty.

Does Apple support their products well and sometimes honor warranties without a receipt? Yes. Do they always? No. If you end up being the "no" your $20 savings is going to look pretty small with that defective ipod sitting there.

so can i get a replacement if i bought it from amazon?

EJR
Sep 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
so can i get a replacement if i bought it from amazon?

As long as amazon is the direct seller, then yes. Marketplace sellers will probably not qualify however, as most of them are not Apple authorized retail merchants. It stinks, but it's a roll of the dice I guess.

PeachieSky
Sep 21, 2010, 08:38 AM
Yay! My 64gb ipod touch 4g is being shipped to me now. Super happy that I don't have to wait til October 8 for mine to ship which I was told last friday by one of the Macconnection representative. It's scheduled to arrive to me on Thursday. :cool: I suggest that anyone who was told to wait on the 8th to not get fooled by it and just wait and see what happens this week especially the people who ordered on the 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th of this month. The same for those who ordered from companies like Amazon and Macmall as well. The representative did tell me that they had a waiting list and that it was Apple's fault for the constant changes in the arrives of the ipods + stockage issues.

PhatboyNYC
Sep 27, 2010, 09:00 AM
Wth? I was going to order the 32gb from Amazon which had it for $289 last week but after reading about people receiving defective ones (leaking light, clicking mics, etc), I thought I'd hold off a little thinking maybe the next batch might be better.

Well I just checked Amazon and the price for the 32gb is back up to $299. :(

caribou123
Sep 27, 2010, 10:42 AM
Wth? I was going to order the 32gb from Amazon which had it for $289 last week but after reading about people receiving defective ones (leaking light, clicking mics, etc), I thought I'd hold off a little thinking maybe the next batch might be better.

Well I just checked Amazon and the price for the 32gb is back up to $299. :(

They have raised the price to 299 several times for a few hours in the past few weeks. If you want to buy at Amazon, check a few times a day for the next 2 days. If it is still 299 after all that, then it's possible that the increase will stay this time.

Macmall and Macconnection both have the 289 price, but supply is more of any issue there, so far.

My view is that in another week or so all sellers will have Touchs in stock for filling orders quickly.

UPDATE:: I see Amazon has all 4G Touch's available in stock. This is probably why they raised their price. The other sellers at 289 for the 32G do not have it in stock, but Amazon does. The increased price is likely due to the better availability. When all sellers get adequate supplies in stock I look for Amazon to come back down to 289

PhatboyNYC
Sep 27, 2010, 11:24 AM
They have raised the price to 299 several times for a few hours in the past few weeks. If you want to buy at Amazon, check a few times a day for the next 2 days. If it is still 299 after all that, then it's possible that the increase will stay this time.

Macmall and Macconnection both have the 289 price, but supply is more of any issue there, so far.

My view is that in another week or so all sellers will have Touchs in stock for filling orders quickly.

Well, I was planning on buying the 32gb touch as a gift for my wife and need it delivered before October 20th. I know there was initially a delay in delivery by a lot of retailers but was wondering if there was still such a delay. As previously stated, after reading about the issues some have had with their ipods, I'm wondering if the future shipments would have a newer batch that hopefully don't have the same issues.

egorka
Sep 27, 2010, 01:17 PM
My local Sam's Club (Wilkes-Barre, PA) had the 4G / 8gb touches in stock at $219.

They also had a higher capacity version, but I'm not sure the price.

tasarang
Sep 30, 2010, 08:45 PM
Ugh. I'm impatiently waiting for my package from MacMall. Can anybody call them and see if they're available yet to ship?

dman244
Sep 30, 2010, 08:48 PM
Ugh. I'm impatiently waiting for my package from MacMall. Can anybody call them and see if they're available yet to ship?

I just got both of mine today that I ordered from MacMall. Have you checked your online order status?

pukifloyd
Sep 30, 2010, 09:07 PM
I ordered a 32gb ipod fropm amazon on 27th night and got it today with 2 day shipping. Its awesome :)

tasarang
Oct 1, 2010, 03:50 AM
I did check and it says "Back Ordered", not sure what that means but it hasn't shipped yet :/

edit: I just got an email earlier today saying the next shipment won't be until 10/15.

vonfirmath
Oct 4, 2010, 11:35 PM
Toys R Us has a promotion out this week for free $25 gift card with purchase of ipod Touch from them...

Neebee
Oct 6, 2010, 07:04 PM
I called my local costco and I was told the 32GB was OOS and the price is a mere $2 less than what you would pay from Apple, WTF? This is in comparison to the USA where Costco USA sells the touch for $20 less than Apple's MSRP!

getstuff4less
Oct 12, 2010, 01:24 PM
My thread here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1026950) shows you how to get 1x IPTouch 8GB 4g, IP Nano, and IP Shuffle. Alternatively, you can get 1x 32GB IPTouch for FREE. For your purchase I recommend giftcards, accessories, ect. When you have your merchandise you can cancel. FYI: I cleared my thread with the mods.

tasarang
Oct 15, 2010, 07:09 PM
I just cancelled my order from MacMall because I've been waiting for 3 weeks. Will order now from Amazon since I have a Prime account.

Finally got mine in the mail today! :) Should have ordered from Amazon 3 weeks ago >_<

ndgraz
Oct 16, 2010, 08:22 AM
and it arrived on Friday. Even chose the free shipping option. Can't believe how quick it came.

Speczorz
Oct 16, 2010, 11:29 AM
I got mine at the Apple Store with the EPP program. I believe I paid $280 for the 32GB and it came to just a little over $300 with tax. Not too bad.. didn't have to wait for shipping. I've had it for about a month now.. it's kick ass. :apple:

Bill

Manikstor
Oct 16, 2010, 04:09 PM
I got mine at the Apple Store with the EPP program. I believe I paid $280 for the 32GB and it came to just a little over $300 with tax. Not too bad.. didn't have to wait for shipping. I've had it for about a month now.. it's kick ass. :apple:

Bill

may i ask how did you use your EPP at the apple store? because i was told that only worked online and EPP was not valued at a retail store.

prot0type
Oct 19, 2010, 08:39 AM
bestbuy.com currently has an offer for a free GPS when you buy any iPod Touch. (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat223100050008&type=category)

User reviews for the GPS seem to be ok, but hey still not bad for free and if you don't want it, might be a decent Xmas gift for someone else.

To save on shipping, check store availability for in store pickup. This promo can also be stacked with the accessory bundle they offer. Plus, remember to use your reward zone membership.