PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch 4th Gen Cases

AppleMactablet
Sep 2, 2010, 07:11 PM
We all know that when we get a ipod with the chrome backing, that it's doomed from the start to be cover in scratches-so we end up buying cases.

Please list here, any info on iPod touch 4th gen cases-Please provide link/s, and photo/s if necessary for all to see.

SnowLeopard2008
Sep 2, 2010, 07:13 PM
So? It still functions the same with a scratch or no scratch. But most cases make it bulkier and look ugly and in the iPhone 4's case, blocked the flash from working properly. Most cases take away from function. A few don't.

SlamJam12
Sep 3, 2010, 01:27 AM
I'm looking forward to what the Incase Slider will look like for the new iPod touch.

InTheUnion
Sep 3, 2010, 05:19 AM
Does anyone know a company who makes thin plastic films for iPods to go over the shiny back? Because I gave up on using proper cases ages ago; they're way too bulky and generally just ruin the iPod.

Darth Nihilus
Sep 3, 2010, 07:58 AM
I'm probably getting a case for my iPod Touch 4g. With the design being even thinner, I doubt I will be able to grip the device properly. On another note, I hope case manufacturers will make a case that effectively covers the cameras so that at least I could bring my iPod to places that don't allow cameras, video recording, photography, etc. An earlier gen case wouldn't be able to do this as the new device is thinner and the back has a new design.

Lochiel
Sep 3, 2010, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know a company who makes thin plastic films for iPods to go over the shiny back? Because I gave up on using proper cases ages ago; they're way too bulky and generally just ruin the iPod.

Zagg's invisible shields do the trick for that. You can pre-order it here:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-ipod-touch-4th-gen-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Drucifer
Sep 3, 2010, 09:31 AM

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-ipod-touch-4th-gen-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

I have an Invisible Shield on my iPod Touch and my wifes. They were very easy to apply and work great. Absolutely no complaints and nothing damages them. I think they also include a life time guarantee. :D

Peterson8765
Sep 3, 2010, 10:20 AM
I plan on getting a case day 1 when I get my new iPod touch.

bass93
Sep 3, 2010, 12:03 PM
I wasn't pleased when I got the Zagg Invisible shield for my env Touch. But I know there is another company that makes these types of all around protectors. Does anybody know the name of it/them? I just ordered the new 4th Gen and would like to order a protector too. Thanks

Link2999
Sep 3, 2010, 12:11 PM
Wrong forum, check out iPod Accessories.

Josh0806
Sep 3, 2010, 12:51 PM
I wasn't pleased when I got the Zagg Invisible shield for my env Touch. But I know there is another company that makes these types of all around protectors. Does anybody know the name of it/them? I just ordered the new 4th Gen and would like to order a protector too. Thanks

Bodyguardz are probably the ones you are thinking of but there's also 'best skins ever'.

bass93
Sep 3, 2010, 01:54 PM
Bodyguardz are probably the ones you are thinking of but there's also 'best skins ever'.

Okay, yeah. Bodyguadz was it. Thanks! Okay, I'll check that out too.

unr1
Sep 3, 2010, 02:11 PM
just enjoy the thing. In a couple years it will be an old fart piece of technology anyways.

No case is the best case IMHO.

AsterixGM
Sep 3, 2010, 02:14 PM
Okay, yeah. Bodyguadz was it. Thanks! Okay, I'll check that out too.

might want to check out Ghost Armor also. There was booth right outside the Apple store in the mall. Looked pretty good and they seem to get good reviews.

bass93
Sep 3, 2010, 02:19 PM
might want to check out Ghost Armor also. There was booth right outside the Apple store in the mall. Looked pretty good and they seem to get good reviews.

Okay, thanks!

uuaschbaer
Sep 3, 2010, 02:30 PM
Without any experience with ipods of my own I must avail myself of yours: do you guys (gals) think a leather pouch will save the back and front of an ipod touch from scratches?

yoitsmike92
Sep 3, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm looking forward to what the Incase Slider will look like for the new iPod touch.

I hated my incase for my ipod touch 2g. I'd pick up my ipod, and unless i was holding both parts of the case together, the ipod would slide out of the bottom, and rip my earbuds out of my ears. it already has 2 cracks in the screen just from falling out of the case. Definitely would not reccomend.

dwarnecke11
Sep 3, 2010, 03:19 PM
What about a simple, thin black leather case? I'm not a big fan of films...

cmartz8
Sep 3, 2010, 07:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can pre order a full body skin at best skins ever. Honestly, they're the EXACT same thing as Zagg or Bodygaurds but a hell of of alot cheaper. Only $6.99 for an entire body skin! Compare that to Zagg's $30 skin...total ripoff! Plus, BSE doest have all this fancy packaging so shipping only costs you the price of a stamp!

Bestskinsever.com

Link2999
Sep 3, 2010, 08:30 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can pre order a full body skin at best skins ever. Honestly, they're the EXACT same thing as Zagg or Bodygaurds but a hell of of alot cheaper. Only $6.99 for an entire body skin! Compare that to Zagg's $30 skin...total ripoff! Plus, BSE doest have all this fancy packaging so shipping only costs you the price of a stamp!

Bestskinsever.com

http://www.stealthguards.com/index.php/mp3-players/apple-ipod-touch-4th-generation-full-body-protection.html

^Free only pay the $2 shipping >__>

cmartz8
Sep 3, 2010, 09:01 PM

Bestskinsever.com

http://www.stealthguards.com/index.php/mp3-players/apple-ipod-touch-4th-generation-full-body-protection.html

Wow, didn't think it could get much cheaper than BSE. Thanks for showing me, just got one.

It's amazing how these bigger companies can get away with charging $30 for one of these. The probably cost next to nothing to make.

tadad1
Sep 3, 2010, 09:35 PM
What about a simple, thin black leather case? I'm not a big fan of films...

Without any experience with ipods of my own I must avail myself of yours: do you guys (gals) think a leather pouch will save the back and front of an ipod touch from scratches?

I used a leather slip case with my 2nd gen touch for a couple of weeks and found that with the touch sliding in and out any dust or grit that got into the case (which it will) started to put micro scratches on to the back. I was able to buff them out with car polish but did not use the slip case after that.

I tried Best Skin Ever, and another brand I don't recall the name of and they both applied and looked great because they added no bulk and resisted finger prints well but both soon got all grotty as pocket lint, dust etc started to accumulate\stick around the edges so I ripped them off.

Wasn't a big fan of them but grabbing an inexpensive Belkin silicon case just to keep it protected whilst I found a better solution and never got round to replacing it. Took it off every week or so to clean it and the touch so no dust and grit got between them and the back looks pretty much as good as it did the day I bought it and there is not a blemish on the front glass.

Not sure what I will go with for my new touch when it arrives but will pick up a silicon to start with.

The new Mophie Juice Pack for the iPhone 4 looks quite nice, if the new one for the touch 4g looks any good I think I might give it a try as having an extended battery appeals to me and with the 4g touch being thinner and lighter I am not too hung up about adding a bit of bulk to it.

Guiguiga
Sep 3, 2010, 09:42 PM

Awsome! Just bought 3 full body shields for $6.85. Still $0.5 cheaper than 1 set of the cheapest one (Best Skin Ever) $6.99

Thanks!

tablo13
Sep 3, 2010, 10:28 PM

I heard they're not so good from the iPhone forum... but it's free :p

SlamJam12
Sep 3, 2010, 11:01 PM
I hated my incase for my ipod touch 2g. I'd pick up my ipod, and unless i was holding both parts of the case together, the ipod would slide out of the bottom, and rip my earbuds out of my ears. it already has 2 cracks in the screen just from falling out of the case. Definitely would not reccomend.

I have great experiences from the Incase slider on my iPod Touch. It fits nice and tight. The feel of the slider is soft and has a reliable grip. I recommend this case.

johnnyboy360
Sep 4, 2010, 02:24 PM
what do you guys think of this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-IN-1-PACK-APPLE-IPOD-TOUCH-4TH-GEN-BLUE-/190439896176?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2c571a3470#ht_1933wt_1137
4 in 1. thought it was quite good but would you trust it?

Panther71
Sep 4, 2010, 03:10 PM
I heard they're not so good from the iPhone forum... but it's free :p

I figured they are not going to be the best cases, but for just $2.85 for only the shipping, I thought it would be worth a try.

CrazedMuggle
Sep 4, 2010, 03:20 PM

Wow thanks! I just ordered my self one :)
It doesn't even matter if it's not that great since it's so cheap, I really need one right away to stop it from getting all scratched and this will do nicely, even if it's only temporary.

Outrun1986
Sep 4, 2010, 04:07 PM
I would get one but you have to use water to apply it which I am not too keen on, since getting a drop of water in the wrong place will trip the water sensor and result in your warranty being void.

SoraLimit
Sep 4, 2010, 04:52 PM
I would get one but you have to use water to apply it which I am not too keen on, since getting a drop of water in the wrong place will trip the water sensor and result in your warranty being void.

You make it sound like the iPod touch is super sensitive to water. Mine has gone through a few seconds of rain, water from cleaning the dishes, and countless times of cleaning the screen, and not once has the water sensor been tripped.

tech324
Sep 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
Anyone know of any sites that sell wallet style cases? I want a case that my new ipod touch will slip into and it might have a couple slots for credit cards. Something really thin. I want to replace my wallet with this so I don't have a bulky wallet and my touch. Anyone know of any places that sell wallet style cases?

tech324
Sep 4, 2010, 05:14 PM
what do you guys think of this one?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-IN-1-PACK-APPLE-IPOD-TOUCH-4TH-GEN-BLUE-/190439896176?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2c571a3470#ht_1933wt_1137
4 in 1. thought it was quite good but would you trust it?

That looks pretty cool.. The seller has a lot of sales and good feedback so I would assume its good. Order it and let us know what you think. If its good I might order one.

ultio
Sep 4, 2010, 05:21 PM
I personally don't really like those cases, I'd much rather use a bag like this one (http://www.amazon.de/Original-Bugatti-SlimCase-Tasche-Neopren/dp/B002SY8IEG/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&qid=1283638648&sr=8-7). Would that lower the chances of the back getting scratched? My iPod 2G was pretty scratched on its back after just a couple of days, even though I didn't do anything but carrying it around in my pockets. Anyone has some bags like the one I linked above to recommend? I'd actually like to get one before my iPod 4G arrives.

johnnyboy360
Sep 4, 2010, 05:35 PM
That looks pretty cool.. The seller has a lot of sales and good feedback so I would assume its good. Order it and let us know what you think. If its good I might order one.
thanks for the advice as soon as i get money (which i probably will do as my birthday is round the corner (the 16th :D :D)) i will order one and let you guys know

wywern209
Sep 4, 2010, 05:50 PM

wrapsol, invisible shield, phantom skinz, bodyguards.

wywern209
Sep 4, 2010, 05:52 PM

i wouldn't worry too much about the water. just have a dry microfiber cloth right by the edge of the film where the water will be squeegeed out. problem solved. I've done this for my friend 2g ipod touch. well, i used a dif. brand but same procedure. the ipod touch is more resilient that you think.

rohit6060
Sep 5, 2010, 01:43 PM
Hi guys,
I'm planning to buy a skin for ipod touch 4(whenever I get it).I've had a 1st gen touch for 2 years and I know how it scratches,specially the back.I'm considering 4 diff. manufacturers. Gadgetshieldz,bestskinsever,bodyguardz & zagg.
I don't mind how complicated the process is,I'll manage putting it on..
I have following 2 major consideration:
1.It should be absolutely clear and invisible.I don't want to mess around with all these pixels I'm paying for...
2.I really love these glass displays in all of apple multitouch devices.Hence the skin should give least of that rubber like feel and more like original.
I would seriously appreciate comments from people who have used either all or most of them...
I'm considering 1 more option.If I put the skin only on the back and go for a pouch smthng like zagg ultraslim..Will that be a good option?Can all these pouches really be sufficient to protect the screen?

Plasmolyze
Sep 5, 2010, 02:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Case-Cover-Skin-Apple-iPod-Touch-4-4th-Gen-/360297195747?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item53e362e8e3#ht_5904wt_1137

I found this on ebay and its only 99 cents with free shipping. Its probably cheap quality but it will do the job until better cases come out. :)

Brewstermax
Sep 5, 2010, 03:07 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Case-Cover-Skin-Apple-iPod-Touch-4-4th-Gen-/360297195747?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item53e362e8e3#ht_5904wt_1137

I found this on ebay and its only 99 cents with free shipping. Its probably cheap quality but it will do the job until better cases come out. :)

That is perfect! That is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Code.Red
Sep 5, 2010, 03:22 PM
If you guys are looking for cheap cases check out this thread in the Accessories section: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1006473

aznguyen316
Sep 5, 2010, 05:22 PM

this is what I did. Pre-ordered it from zagg with 40% off coupon I got for signing up to win a free iPad. I love the invisible shield.

Brewstermax
Sep 5, 2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks to you awful people, I have ordered FOUR iPod touch cases. Thank goodness none of them cost me a penny, courtesy of Lockerz PapPal money, but still! I do have a ZAGG coupon, but I don't know where I put it. =(

nick1516
Sep 5, 2010, 08:55 PM
Does anybody know of an external battery/case that gives it more of an iphone 4 shape that doesn't block the headphone port?

Cuz03
Sep 5, 2010, 10:55 PM

Wait i can't tell is that all 10 cases? Or just one? Or a couple? And if not all do you get to pick the color(s)?

nixiemaiden
Sep 5, 2010, 11:15 PM
Anyone know of any sites that sell wallet style cases? I want a case that my new ipod touch will slip into and it might have a couple slots for credit cards. Something really thin. I want to replace my wallet with this so I don't have a bulky wallet and my touch. Anyone know of any places that sell wallet style cases?

Not a website but the electronic section at Target has some of these...it is like a little pouch for an mp3 player or cellphone and they have a flap that opens to put id and credit cards.

kelving525
Sep 5, 2010, 11:18 PM
Wait i can't tell is that all 10 cases? Or just one? Or a couple? And if not all do you get to pick the color(s)?

99 cents is for 1 case only, but you tell them your color preference when you pay with paypal. I ordered 3. :)

Cuz03
Sep 5, 2010, 11:25 PM
99 cents is for 1 case only, but you tell them your color preference when you pay with paypal. I ordered 3. :)
Cool. Thanks for the answer man

rohit6060
Sep 6, 2010, 11:52 AM
Hi guys,
I'm planning to buy a skin for ipod touch 4(whenever I get it).I've had a 1st gen touch for 2 years and I know how it scratches,specially the back.I'm considering 4 diff. manufacturers. Gadgetshieldz,bestskinsever,bodyguardz & zagg.
I don't mind how complicated the process is,I'll manage putting it on..
I have following 2 major consideration:
1.It should be absolutely clear and invisible.I don't want to mess around with all these pixels I'm paying for...
2.I really love these glass displays in all of apple multitouch devices.Hence the skin should give least of that rubber like feel and more like original.
I would seriously appreciate comments from people who have used either all or most of them...
I'm considering 1 more option.If I put the skin only on the back and go for a pouch smthng like zagg ultraslim..Will that be a good option?Can all these pouches really be sufficient to protect the screen?

SlamJam12
Sep 26, 2010, 07:44 PM
Have any other companies come out with an iPod touch 4th generation case besides Belkin, Griffin, eBay and Amazon?

SlamJam12
Oct 5, 2010, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have the Belkin Vue for the new iPod touch? It looks nice in metallic on their website. I would like to get concrete opinion about the case if anyone has one.

ECUpirate44
Oct 5, 2010, 08:47 PM
I have this case and I LOVE it!

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/formfit-touch4g#

Truck67
Oct 5, 2010, 09:59 PM
Searched long and hard for this for a case that covers the front screen too.

Picked up the Belkin Verve Folio from Best Buy. Nice fit. Great protection all around. Very happy with it...

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=520221