PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp running PC games

WAdams
Sep 5, 2010, 02:02 AM
I would like to install bootcamp, but I have no form of Windows 7 whatsoever. I have the latest Macbook (not MacBook Pro). Is there any way to install bootcamp without a Windows CD and maybe download the Windows 7 from somewhere. I'd like to play Just Cause 2 on my MacBook.

powerhouse7
Sep 5, 2010, 02:14 AM
You cannot install Windows using Boot Camp without a Windows OS Disk. What you can do, however, is download a disk image then burn that to a disk and use that with Bootcamp.
Your other option, is you're just going to use Windows occassionally is use a virtual computer through Parallels or VM Ware.

MoLiva
Sep 5, 2010, 09:26 AM
Or stop being cheap and just go buy windows 7.

Yeah yeah it's expensive, find it on sale somewhere and it'll be less than the cost of 2 games. Or buy an OEM copy for even less. I'm sure down the road you'll have more to play than Just Cause 2 and it's good to have a legitimate copy of Windows in case you run into any issues down the road.

WAdams
Sep 5, 2010, 11:38 PM
I do have another slow HP Laptop, is there any way I could extract Windows 7 from it?

vistadude
Sep 5, 2010, 11:51 PM
If it was a fast laptop, you could extract it, but if it's a slow laptop you can't.

Just kidding, you need a retail windows 7 dvd and license.

I do have another slow HP Laptop, is there any way I could extract Windows 7 from it?