PDA

View Full Version : Why is it taking so long to ship?

cjt3007
Sep 6, 2010, 07:07 PM
I ordered my Mac Pro, 30" HD Cinema Display, iPod Touch, Apple Care, and MobileMe last week. Everything but the Mac pro is en route... why is it taking so long?

Also, is it odd that the money has come out of my account but the charges aren't listed in my transaction history?

crw
Sep 6, 2010, 07:15 PM
Maybe Labor Day is delaying things.

reel2reel
Sep 6, 2010, 07:20 PM
I ordered my Mac Pro, 30" HD Cinema Display, iPod Touch, Apple Care, and MobileMe last week. Everything but the Mac pro is en route... why is it taking so long?

Also, is it odd that the money has come out of my account but the charges aren't listed in my transaction history?

Last week?!? Some people have been waiting since release day.

2contagious
Sep 6, 2010, 08:00 PM
I have ordered mine a week ago and I am expecting another 2 weeks of wait. It sucks, but it seems to be normal.

davelanger
Sep 6, 2010, 08:08 PM
Which pro did you guys buy?

2contagious
Sep 6, 2010, 08:10 PM

Custom: 6 core 3.33, ATI 5870, wireless keyboard
Everything else stock.

cjt3007
Sep 6, 2010, 08:31 PM

Custom: 12 Core 2.66, ATI 5870, 2TB HD, 8GB RAM.

marcos73
Sep 6, 2010, 08:41 PM
Last week?!? Some people have been waiting since release day.

I ordered mine on Aug 18th. Still waiting for mine 8 Cores custom

johnnymg
Sep 6, 2010, 09:50 PM
I can only hope that the reason for the delay is the HEAVY demand. :)

FWIW, I cancelled my MP order due to the long wait. Will reorder once Apple gets a handle on the delivery schedule.

cheers
JohnG

cnstoll
Sep 6, 2010, 10:16 PM
Has anyone else gotten an email like this from Apple?

" Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
item(s) as follows:

Z0LF, MAC PRO
Ships by 3 - 5 business days
Delivers by Sep 13 - Sep 17"

I ordered on the 27th and still hasn't shipped. 3.2GHz Quad and 5870. The wait sucks :(

davelanger
Sep 6, 2010, 11:11 PM

item(s) as follows:

Z0LF, MAC PRO

I ordered on the 27th and still hasn't shipped. 3.2GHz Quad and 5870. The wait sucks :(

I ordered my sunday and that is what date I was given.
One 2.80GHz Quad-Core Intel Xe
8GB (4X2GB)
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB

When was it supposed to ship orginally?

reel2reel
Sep 6, 2010, 11:35 PM
So weird. I ordered a custom Hex and got it in less than two weeks (ordered Aug 12 and got it on the 23rd). I've got a guy at work, though, who ordered a 12 core around roughly the same time and it's taking forever to arrive.

Sounds to me like supply isn't quite meeting demand at the moment and it's just luck of the draw. I don't even know what luck of the draw means, but I think it's appropriate. :p

cnstoll
Sep 7, 2010, 12:27 AM
I ordered my sunday and that is what date I was given.
One 2.80GHz Quad-Core Intel Xe
8GB (4X2GB)
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB

When was it supposed to ship orginally?

Was supposed to arrive Sept 2nd to 8th originally...

I'm wondering if after it missed the originally 3-5 day window if they just automatically tack on another 3-5 day window to your order.

cjt3007
Sep 7, 2010, 04:07 AM
I've got a guy at work, though, who ordered a 12 core around roughly the same time and it's taking forever to arrive.

Jeeze, hopefully mine doesn't take THAT long! But at least I'll have a new screen and iPod to play with in the mean time :)

cjt3007
Sep 8, 2010, 10:23 AM
My Mac Pro is now "Prepared for Shipment"!!!!! :)

cnstoll
Sep 8, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm on business day number 9 from ordering and it hasn't shipped...at what point should I start lighting some fires to get things rolling?

philipma1957
Sep 8, 2010, 11:12 AM

No this is common it prevents you from banging your card out way over limit.
Car rental companies will also put a 500 or a 1000 dollar invisible charge on your card. This is done for their protection not yours.

johnnymg
Sep 8, 2010, 11:34 AM
I'm on business day number 9 from ordering and it hasn't shipped...at what point should I start lighting some fires to get things rolling?

Which model?

JohnG

cnstoll
Sep 8, 2010, 11:35 AM
3.2GHz quad. with 5870 upgrade.

cnstoll
Sep 8, 2010, 11:40 AM

johnnymg
Sep 8, 2010, 11:46 AM

Have you called and spoken with a rep yet?

cheers and good luck with your order.
JohnG

cnstoll
Sep 8, 2010, 11:51 AM
Have you called and spoken with a rep yet?

cheers and good luck with your order.
JohnG

Yeah I called last week and yesterday. Unfortunately I haven't really gotten any information from them. They just say "your order will arrive between such and such day" that I see when I check the status online. They don't seem to be able to say why it would be delayed.

Has anyone been able to get any more information from them?

marcos73
Sep 8, 2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah I called last week and yesterday. Unfortunately I haven't really gotten any information from them. They just say "your order will arrive between such and such day" that I see when I check the status online. They don't seem to be able to say why it would be delayed.

Has anyone been able to get any more information from them?

Same thing with me. Called them twice (once last week and yesterday) and they haven't told me anything different from the information I was seeing online.

Ordered on 18th August. Delayed. Delivery between Sep 09-16.

Current status: not YET shipped.

It is just frustrating.

Novablas
Sep 8, 2010, 11:30 PM
This is really weird, I ordered a 6 core with the 5870 and I got it within 5 days...

cnstoll
Sep 8, 2010, 11:37 PM
Same thing with me. Called them twice (once last week and yesterday) and they haven't told me anything different from the information I was seeing online.

It is just frustrating.

Yeah, seriously.

It's only more frustrating now that I see people on here who have ordered the same thing as I did and already gotten theirs. I don't know what to do about it.

cjt3007
Sep 9, 2010, 01:21 AM
Yay! Mine shipped today and will arrive the 14th... coming from Texas.

cnstoll
Sep 9, 2010, 01:26 AM
There's still hope for a weekend of Mac Pro'ing if it will just ship tomorrow...*hopes*

alphaod
Sep 9, 2010, 02:07 AM

They probably put your funds on hold (so you can't use it).

2contagious
Sep 9, 2010, 04:31 AM
They probably put your funds on hold (so you can't use it).

I've had the same thing for 2 days.. it showed up in my "available balance".. 3000 pounds was missing.. after the 2 days the money is back on my account. what's up with that? :confused:

Honumaui
Sep 9, 2010, 04:35 AM

item(s) as follows:

Z0LF, MAC PRO

yup decided to check the apple site for account status and showed shipped and arriving Fri :)
my memory is here :) my extra SSD are here I am excited :)

mine arrived early ? maybe my luck is changing time to play the lottery :)

2contagious
Sep 9, 2010, 06:37 AM
I've had the same thing for 2 days.. it showed up in my "available balance".. 3000 pounds was missing.. after the 2 days the money is back on my account. what's up with that? :confused:

I am wondering if they just did a "credit check" to see if I have enough money.. and will take the money off once they have shipped the items?
Also: good news. A few days ago, I called up Apple Customer Service and they were able to split my order - Today is the day:

Thank you for shopping the Apple Online Store.

As requested your order have been split. The Mac Pro and iPod are actually prepared for shipment. Once your item has dispatched, you will receive a Shipping Notification email, which will provide you with detailed delivery information.

Your order may be tracked online at store.apple.com/uk/orderstatus

Prepared for shipment. If it goes out today, that means that shipping date was 5 days earlier than the "expected" one. The printer is on backorder and will take a few more days, so to anyone who is buying more products than just the Mac Pro: either buy them separately or call up Apple to get them shipped separately once the Mac Pro has been built.

marcos73
Sep 10, 2010, 05:23 AM

It is just frustrating.

UnF^#&#*believable!

Ships: 4 - 6 business days
Delivers: 20 Sep - 27 Sep

Second delay. Nothing is happening. Just delay after delay.

Anyone with a similar *bad*experience?

cnstoll
Sep 10, 2010, 05:50 AM
UnF^#&#*believable!

Delivers: 20 Sep - 27 Sep

Second delay. Nothing is happening. Just delay after delay.

Anyone with a similar *bad*experience?

Yea, I'm coming up on my second delay if it doesn't ship today...

Still not sure what to do about it. Every time I call Apple about it they're completely useless. The last guy didn't even seem to realize it had been delayed at all, much less have any information about why.

marcos73
Sep 10, 2010, 06:02 AM
Yea, I'm coming up on my second delay if it doesn't ship today...

Still not sure what to do about it. Every time I call Apple about it they're completely useless. The last guy didn't even seem to realize it had been delayed at all, much less have any information about why.

We are on the same boat. I will give them the 3rd call today.

But I was wondering if they have the same configuration in stock at a local Apple Store...

2contagious
Sep 10, 2010, 06:30 AM
Mine says it has been shipped today together with my iPod touch and apple care. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for it to arrive (I live in the UK). It actually shows me an expected delivery date of 24th September now. That's 3 days WORSE than the expected delivery date before they shipped it.. 2 WEEKS to ship something from Netherlands to UK or wherever they ship it from?!? That surely can't be right?

jwestpro
Sep 10, 2010, 10:17 AM
yup decided to check the apple site for account status and showed shipped and arriving Fri :)
my memory is here :) my extra SSD are here I am excited :)

mine arrived early ? maybe my luck is changing time to play the lottery :)

I went in the store on a Monday and 6 business days later it was at my door, including a couple days mix up on the new 0% account funding it ;)

6core 3.33 + 1x2T + 5870
added 3x8gb ram, 1xssd, cs5, 30"lcd

Honumaui
Sep 10, 2010, 03:06 PM
I went in the store on a Monday and 6 business days later it was at my door, including a couple days mix up on the new 0% account funding it ;)

6core 3.33 + 1x2T + 5870
added 3x8gb ram, 1xssd, cs5, 30"lcd

makes me wonder ? mine came out of the business account side of apple ? wonder if they get those out quicker ?

cnstoll
Sep 10, 2010, 03:30 PM
So I checked my order status again today and it came up as "Order Cancelled"

Obviously that freaked me out, so I called Apple again. Apparently the order somehow canceled itself... and subsequently re-added itself. So the order is still in effect, but the shipping date is reset AGAIN. Now it's Sept. 16-21

I placed the order on August 27th with an original delivery date of Sept 2-8th
The order failed to meet that and I got a new deliver date of Sept 8-13th
Then the order canceled and restarted with a new deliver date of Sept 16-21st

This is absolutely ridiculous. The guy I talked to on the phone was actually helpful, but he still couldn't answer why any of this has happened.

Having been a life time Apple user I am completely floored by this shopping experience. Only my extreme satisfaction with Apple as a company is keeping me from being really mad at them right now. I wish I knew what else to do to get this moving, but at this point I am at a complete loss.

2contagious
Sep 10, 2010, 05:45 PM
My order status says "Shipped on: Sep 10, 2010 via Syncreon Technology" for both the Apple care and the iPod Touch, but for the Mac Pro it just says "Shipped on: Sep 10, 2010 via Merge in Transit GB". WHO THE HELL are Syncreon Technology? Did anyone else have their Mac Pro shipped by them? how long did it take?

marcos73
Sep 21, 2010, 06:07 AM
And here we go again...

Order Date: Aug 18, 2010 at 02:56 PM PDT

Delivers: 29 Sep - 5 Oct

This is my 3rd delay. Getting ready for the 4th call to the call centre, hoping for ANY information about the delay. I don't know what I keep calling them. I never get any information...

Pressure
Sep 21, 2010, 07:09 AM
And here we go again...

Delivers: 29 Sep - 5 Oct

This is my 3rd delay. Getting ready for the 4th call to the call centre, hoping for ANY information about the delay. I don't know what I keep calling them. I never get any information...

It's obviously for their amusement that they even have a call number :p

Lone Deranger
Sep 21, 2010, 10:08 AM
I placed an order for a 12-core 2.93 Mac Pro with 5870 a few hours ago. Ships 5-7 business days. Delivers 01 Oct - 06 Oct.
Still haven't even received the order confirmation email. So even that's taking Apple a long time. :D Was this the case with some of you as well?

2contagious
Sep 22, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hi,

I just received shipment comfirmation for my Mac Pro replacement (exchanged because of a faulty power supply and graphics card) and it says that it's supposed to arrive on or before Friday already (the day after tomorrow?!) and is being shipped by UPS Ireland with Fast Ship EMEA I believe. Earlier today the apple representative told me it was "shipping out today from Shanghai. It should be with you in about a week."

What does this mean? Is the replacement shipping from Shanghai and only taking 2 days because of the Fast ship EMEA or could this not be true and in fact it's shipping from Ireland? Why the short delivery time? and why 'UPS Ireland'? I hope they are not sending me a refurbished unit from Ireland (?!!)

johnnymg
Sep 22, 2010, 11:00 PM

3.2GHz Quad ordered on Monday morning ............ shipped Wed afternoon from Tx.

cheers to the longs
JohnG

marcos73
Sep 24, 2010, 06:15 PM
It was more than about time!

After 3 delays, the thing was finally shipped!

Shipment Date:
24 Sep, 2010

Delivers by:
28 Sep, 2010

Got an email with the shipping confirmation and a tracking number (which is not in the system yet). But at least, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! :)

marcos73
Sep 29, 2010, 08:12 PM
Well, my wait is finally over. I picked up my Mac Pro today at the UPS warehouse. It is still in the box though. Just too late to unbox it and start doing something.

The whole open it, install DDS, install Mac OS on SSD, migrate all files from Windows...it just seems that I will miss my bed time.

For someone who has waited 5 weeks, 1 more day is not that long after all.

Good night and good luck to everyone! :)

Mac4you
Sep 30, 2010, 01:24 AM
Yes!
Finaly arrived to Stockholm ;)
Ordered 15 sept, building time 7 days.
Hexacore 3.33 HD5870.

This evening planning to install
SSD 120GB lower optical bay, 2pcs 2TB Seagate Barracuda Raid0 and
upgrade of the memory to 3x4GB.

Cheers

fensterbme
Sep 30, 2010, 08:16 AM
FWIW: I ordered my Hex Core 3.33Ghz. Mac Pro on September 17th and said at the time that it would ship in 3-5 days. It went to 'shipped' or whatever a week later (five business days) but sat on their warehouse floor over the weekend and is arriving today September 30th.

Mac Pro's are a pretty small part of Apple's overall business. I bet they have a higher than normal demand because it's a new product release and that normally they don't have to ship that many of these machines, so why staff up high initially when the normal workload is much smaller.

It's interesting normally when ordering machines in the past they ship from China, this Mac Pro shipped from Irving Texas.