PDA

View Full Version : Colgate toothpaste and cleaning iBOOKs

iBOOKnewbie
Dec 14, 2004, 09:10 PM
another iBOOK user told me that toothpaste works well in cleaning iBook.... saves money!!!!............

bousozoku
Dec 14, 2004, 09:23 PM
Just take care not to be sloppy about it. I've been using toothpaste for years on things like kitchen counters. I'm surprised that it seems like a new idea. :)

diamond geezer
Dec 14, 2004, 10:14 PM
Why mention Colgate in particular?

Are you a Corporate stoolie, doing product placements?

:D

dotnina
Dec 14, 2004, 10:44 PM
If I spend around $1K on a new iBook, I don't mind shelling out a few bucks for a cleaner.

rhpenguin
Dec 14, 2004, 11:20 PM
iClear is what i use.. works well and protects the 'book from scuffs and scratches aparently.

Jsmit
Dec 14, 2004, 11:28 PM
Toothpaste cleans because it is abrasive. It act likes sand paper. Yes it removes dirt snd grime but also removes some of your iBooks plastic. I guess it would be okay on the case... but I would not use it on the keys (unless you like to guess what key you are hitting) or you screen (very expensive to replace). If I was going to cheap about it, I would just use the moist cloth that apple recommends. If it is really soiled pick up some electronics cleaner (I use iKlear).

mcarnes
Dec 15, 2004, 12:02 AM
Try a clean cloth and a little water. Toothpaste is for teeth.

bograt69
Dec 15, 2004, 03:01 PM
I use an ordinary eraser to clean the wrist rests and trackpad on my iBook, just watch out for all those wee bits of rubber!

Mike