PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 17" display trouble

MountainiMac
Sep 12, 2010, 05:18 PM
A few days ago my powerbook's display went funny... it is almost like a negative effect, but not the actual negative effect that you can do by pressing "ctl+alt+com+8".

The other odd thing is that is has seemed to get a little better in the past day or two on its own. I have attached a picture (the problem is best seen in the upper left portion of the display although this problem does cover the entire screen).

Does anyone know if this is a fixable problem?

Thanks so much for your help.

666sheep
Sep 12, 2010, 06:04 PM
Display is dying.

AlphaDogg
Sep 12, 2010, 06:36 PM
It could be the graphics card. If it is, in fact the graphics card, then you would need a new logic board.

MacHamster68
Sep 13, 2010, 04:43 AM
i would try a external monitor , if thats working then the internal display is likely dying , if the external has the same symptoms then the logicboard(grafics) is dying definitely
the cheapest option would be that its neither of the two and only a lose connection due to the hinges came a bit lose , but i doubt that as the usual symptoms of the hinges are a black screen at certain angles

but the good news sometimes it works like that for month and years, so gives you time to safe money for a new display or new logicboard