Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
I like the uniform look versus the Element Case.

Alright everyone. Shameless plug coming. This case is made by a friend's company (I just found out). He has corrected the issue of reception and learned his lesson from the Element Vapor fiasco. He also has a built in non conductive material that helps the reception.

Everything is done and he will have a full retail package coming soon.

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Those aren't renders either. I was mistaken earlier.

Also its designed to not need a external power button.

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Yes sir! I'll post some as soon as he sends me the case. I'd rather post pics or the real thing on a real iPhone to really do it justice.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Count me in! Those look beautiful and thought out more in design compared to the Vapor case, ex: pocket hole screws :)

FtrV8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Yes it will be $79 for the case itself. He also has back plates and is stating the quality and fit is better than other, but just to be fair on that judgement, I'll wait till I post pics. I believe case and back plate will be $99. He is well aware of the customer service hassles that ElementCase faced and is gonna try hard to provide a better experience.

yezzimbakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
The case will be 74.99 retail. We are just working on the ecommerce site / website. We are well aware of Element Cases customer service and our customers will be #1. We have the the product already available, but we are awaiting for the retail packaging. We are thinking of selling the cases with a discount code minus the retail packaging, but then our website is not completed yet. We will have a phone number listed where you can reach us during our open ours. We will not pre-order and take your money without having the product in hand.

We have many 8 different color 100% carbon fiber / kevlar to choose from. The carbon fiber backings will start at 13.99.

The case is designed not to have a power button because our cases are thin enough for the user to easily turn it off and on. Our cases also are able to be used in docks and aftermarket products. We have engineered our cases and have tested this case to be have no reception problems as some other manufactures have. We do not have any other protruding logos anywhere on the case. Stayed tuned for more info. You can be a fan on our facebook page for the latest news.

a power button would be waaaaay tighter :(

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
I'm liking the design of this, no weird "grip" like the Vapor and others like it. What about screen protectors, any interference?

I'm definitely interested, please keep us posted.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Seriously, unless you have tiny ass fingers your never going to reach the power button, I don't care how then the case is. Have him post up some actual db numbers and then we will see if he learned anything from element. I have been testing the Atomic case and I will actually post pictures of my db readings because people wont believe the numbers when Ryan at Atomic gives me the ok to, they are that good. And the gps works also and they are beautiful cases. Lets see those numbers!!

yezzimbakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
Seriously, unless you have tiny ass fingers your never going to reach the power button, I don't care how then the case is. Have him post up some actual db numbers and then we will see if he learned anything from element. I have been testing the Atomic case and I will actually post pictures of my db readings because people wont believe the numbers when Ryan at Atomic gives me the ok to, they are that good. And the gps works also and they are beautiful cases. Lets see those numbers!!

lets see those pictures!

mattrivett

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
I do like the look of this case! it appeals to the engineer I never quite became! This one does too!

P1000206.jpg

I don't know when it's going to be available though!

wwyjoe

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
We have many 8 different color 100% carbon fiber / kevlar to choose from. The carbon fiber backings will start at 13.99.

What are the colors available? Can you pls post close up shots of the case's earphone connector opening? Like to see it it accomodates my 3.5mm earphone plug. Thanks!!

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
I think the price is a bit steep considering others like it have a built in home button and yours does not, and they are the same price. Like the idea but price is a bit high IMHO. I have done cnc of Aluminum for Automag parts, so I know the cost of input and set up. If you lower the price $20 you could still pull in a nice profit with the increase I think you would get in sales. Just an opinion.... you know what they say about those ;)

Look great though, like them a lot better than other models I have seen... including the Vapor clone:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.