Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quadriplegicjon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
hi.. i just bought myself a 15" powerbook.. ive never owned a notebook before.. so im trying to follow the initial instructions carefully.

according to the manual.. in order to calibrate your battery correctly, you need to fully charge it until the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter is at 100%..

then you use it till the battery is fully discharged.. charge it once more.. and you are good to go.

my problem is that the onscreen meter says 100%.. but the plug is not green yet.. is my unit defective? or is this common with the initial charge.

how long does the initial charge usually take?

thanks.. in advance.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
quadriplegicjon said:
hi.. i just bought myself a 15" powerbook.. ive never owned a notebook before.. so im trying to follow the initial instructions carefully.

according to the manual.. in order to calibrate your battery correctly, you need to fully charge it until the power adapter plug changes to green and the onscreen meter is at 100%..

then you use it till the battery is fully discharged.. charge it once more.. and you are good to go.

my problem is that the onscreen meter says 100%.. but the plug is not green yet.. is my unit defective? or is this common with the initial charge.

how long does the initial charge usually take?

thanks.. in advance.

Go according to the Green Light..it might show as 100% on screen however it might not be so..if the amber light has not changed to green after you see the 100% on screen for an hour then you might have something defective, call Apple it might just be a minor issue nothing big. :)

quadriplegicjon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
m a y a said:
Go according to the Green Light..it might show as 100% on screen however it might not be so..if the amber light has not changed to green after you see the 100% on screen for an hour then you might have something defective, call Apple it might just be a minor issue nothing big. :)

its been over an hour.. its still not green. :( i get too worried about these things. :(:(:):)

EDIT
it just changed!! wooo.. thanks guys. im too paranoid.

iceTrX

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
Outside of Detroit.
quadriplegicjon said:
its been over an hour.. its still not green. :( i get too worried about these things. :(:(:):)

EDIT
it just changed!! wooo.. thanks guys. im too paranoid.

If this is its initial charge, your powerbook might think it has 100% charge but it really doesn't because it hasn't been calibrated yet. The calibration should fix this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.