PDA

View Full Version : iOS 4.2 missing apn... Found a solution!

T4R06
Sep 15, 2010, 09:49 PM
I love the iOS everything is awesome but man where is the apn.. Son of a bitch!!!

Edit: less than a minute I remember the old school iPhone 2g unlockit.co.nz did the job again!

jonasen
Sep 16, 2010, 05:24 AM
I love the iOS everything is awesome but man where is the apn.. Son of a bitch!!!

Edit: less than a minute I remember the old school iPhone 2g unlockit.co.nz did the job again!

Is this a permanent change? Does anyone know the reason for killing APN settings?

I tried unlockit.co.nz and installed the profile but my iPad still won't connect to the Internet...

El Jack
Sep 16, 2010, 06:04 AM
Noticed my iPad 3G doesn't connect to 3G anymore either! No clue about APN settings etc but any help wouldn't go unappreciated.

T4R06
Sep 16, 2010, 07:10 AM
It should be isp.cingular or whatever your apn before. User and pass is blank.

On the dropdown list choose US-AT&T

Mine is perfectly working

NBWP
Sep 16, 2010, 07:14 AM
I used iPhone configuration and the ...nz website but even with correct apn I still have problems....

jonasen
Sep 16, 2010, 07:29 AM
It should be isp.cingular or whatever your apn before. User and pass is blank.

On the dropdown list choose US-AT&T

Mine is perfectly working

Ah, yes. A bit of a brain fry there.
When I actually connected the dots, it worked perfectly :)

Errk!
Sep 16, 2010, 09:47 AM
Could anyone explain what this means and how to fix it? I have no Internet access either (3G or wifi) and I don't have anything in the cellular data section that mentions APN.

tekchic
Sep 16, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mine actually works (AT&T) but I can't log in, view usage, bump up my plan, etc. I'm sure it'll get fixed in another beta release. I'm on wifi both work and home, so my 3G is switched off unless I need it.

Errk!
Sep 16, 2010, 11:46 AM
My Internet access came back after a reboot. I was able to connect to wifi too.

cjbryce
Sep 20, 2010, 05:17 AM
Confirmed www.unlockit.co.nz worked for UK Vodafone with no reboot required on my iPad.

freitas
Sep 23, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mine actually works (AT&T) but I can't log in, view usage, bump up my plan, etc. I'm sure it'll get fixed in another beta release. I'm on wifi both work and home, so my 3G is switched off unless I need it.

I have the same problem. I cannot view my account.

LSZ33
Nov 14, 2010, 08:05 PM
thanks alot. the unlockit.co.nz worked for my iPad on 4.2

furby3
Sep 30, 2012, 10:02 PM
I installed for the wrong carrier.
Now when I try to install another APN profile, I get a message:
Profile installation failed.
An APN payload is already installed.

Where can you view your APN settings in iOS 6?