Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingding

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Just bought an iphone 4 today. And my own free case from Apple program will reach to me after 3 weeks. It is a long time and i want phone get protected. Any good cases you are using? Thanks.

jenny08

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Just bought an iphone 4 today. And my own free case from Apple program will reach to me after 3 weeks. It is a long time and i want phone get protected. Any good cases you are using? Thanks.

I have a number of cases but the one I use the most is the zebra print iphone 4 case from sourcingmap. It looks really good on my phone. solid and doesn't add too much bulk. Visit this link: http://www.sourcingmap.com/theme/animal_print_iphone4_cases.html and see animal prints cases i recommended.

joudbren

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

The CaseMate "Barely There" case is available at BB. I bought this one temporarily as well and like it so much my freebie Apple case went into the junk drawer upon arrival. Check out the user reviews on their website. Cheers!

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-Barely-There-Cases.asp

James

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
My primary is the Fortte STiL Vertical Pouch (http://fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/1354?type=0) which is good quality leather at a reasonable price (I didn't want to have to pay $70+ for something along the lines of Vaja, etc.)

I also ordered an SGP Neo Hybrid EX which I'll use occasionally in more casual environments, when I'm on the road, etc.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I use the Speck PixelSkin most of the time. It fits well over a DecalGirl skin I have on my iPhone as well. When I go out, the iPhone either goes naked in my purse protected in a Proporta Maya pouch case, or in my pocket with Apple's Bumper case on since it's much less bulky than the PixelSkin and gives me more grip than the naked iPhone.

ChiliBlue

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm using the SGP ultra thin in pink. I love the case. Ive had several people think I'm lying to them when I tell them that the case isn't metal. I think it was 20$ plus shipping. Well worth the money.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Ghost armor shielded it, fully body. Waiting for the sides and back to get trashed so I can use my incase snap again. It won't fit with the ghost armor sides and back on.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
Got quite a few cheap cases from eBay. Also got a Case-mate gelli case which is quite nice. But I mostly use the Apple white bumper and thats it.

patton686

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
Otterbox Defender, Speck Pixelskin HD, Belkin Shield Eclipse.

Belkin: Worst of the 3; plastic is real hard and I'm afraid of breaking my iP4 everytime I get it out. Buttons are extremely stiff. Good protection though, but if I could sell it, I would.

Speck Pixelskin HD: Just had it yesterday, but it is already my favorite. It's slim, yet a good protection. The plastic is just stiff enough for protection but bends really well to remove your phone from it. Buttons are soft and that case screams sexayyyyyy.

Otterbox: Ok, first you got to know I have a real fascination about everything Special Ops, and when I first saw the Defender, I wanted that case. Cons: it is bulky. Real bulky, like I only put it on when I wear loose jeans or when I go in the woods/nature. Also because of its bulkiness, the home button loses 25% of its surface. Look at a pic and you will get whay I say. Pros? TONS. It is the best protection for your iphone, the buttons are soft and smooth, it gives a better grip on the phone than any other case, and it really is the most masculine case on the market.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Speck Pixelskin HD: Just had it yesterday, but it is already my favorite. It's slim, yet a good protection. The plastic is just stiff enough for protection but bends really well to remove your phone from it. Buttons are soft and that case screams sexayyyyyy.

Do you use a screen protector on the front?

I want to buy this but I also want to be able to keep a screen protector on it, even if its just the thin plastic sheet that sticks on.

Any suggestions?

Ruby02

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
I have a number of cases but the one I use the most is the zebra print iphone 4 case from sourcingmap. It looks really good on my phone. solid and doesn't add too much bulk. Visit this link: http://www.sourcingmap.com/theme/animal_print_iphone4_cases.html and see animal prints cases i recommended.

i don't think animal prints are all attractive because i only love leopard print and zebra print. Tiger print is ugly, if i need a case for iphone 4, i will get a leopard and zebra print case, but not the tiger print case, it is ugly.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I have a total of 3 cases. The Bumper is for the simple look, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't work with 3rd party accessories. I also have an Otterbox Defender which is cool, but it's too bulky for my liking and will be used in extreme situations. Finally, I picked up an Incipio NGP smoke case today and this is my daily be my daily case. The case feels and looks great.

patton686

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
Do you use a screen protector on the front?

I want to buy this but I also want to be able to keep a screen protector on it, even if its just the thin plastic sheet that sticks on.

Any suggestions?

I'll just get a pack of 50 protective sheets from ebay for 10$, since I'll have to remove everytime I use my Defender...

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Just got the Pixel HD from Apple's free case program. Fits nice but I like the NGP smoke from Walmart better. Bottom of Pixel HD does not fit the 3rd party docks as well as the NGP. But its nice to have another case to change out every once in a while.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
I've tried many cases (Incase slider, SwitchEasy Nude, Apple bumper, etc) and I always have a sweet spot for the Griffin Reveal :eek: IMO it looks the best and more OEM than the bumper AND it adds even more protection on the back.

Despite some minor flaws, it's my favorite case and it looks the best (without scratching lol). Great case and you can pick one up at WalMart for $20 too :D

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I got my phone the day before the launch and bought the bumper the day after I got the phone. It's been on ever since and and I'm really happy with it. I just haven't found anything yet that I like that doesn't take away from the beauty of the phone. I'm considering the vapor, or something like it, but so far the bumper it is!

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Im using the griffin reveal bumper exclusive from bb I love the looks if it since it shows the silver part antennae unlike the apple bumper. It works on both SGP skin guard and SGP cystal screen protector

Jagure

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010

So many nice cases here. I got a zebra print case on my iPhone 3. And it is so clean looking. I will order a leopard case next Monday for iphone 4. Thanks for your link. Very impressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.