PDA

View Full Version : Mail app constantly crashing

SXSW123
Sep 17, 2010, 10:35 PM
I have a 16 gig, 3G iPad. It has never been jailbroken. It is running the current firmware. A couple of days ago, the mail app began crashing within 3 or 4 seconds of opening. I have taken several steps to fix this:

-- Turned iPad off and back on.

-- Did a hard reset.

-- Turned the mail account linked to the mail app off and then back on.

-- Deleted that account and put it back on.

-- Did a full restore and installed from a backup.

-- Did a full restore and installed as new (which was a serious pain)

Unfortunately, the mail app is still crashing. Sometimes it makes it a good five or six seconds and sometimes it crashes almost immediately. I have just one account linked to the app: a comcast.net account.

The app has worked fine for several months, since I got the iPad. I have no idea what is going on or why the full restores wouldn't have fixed this. This is the only problem I am having with any app.

Please, any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated. It is crazy that I suddenly can't read e-mail on my iPad. Thanks very much.

eric.men
Aug 13, 2011, 12:52 PM
How long ago did u get your iPad? Because if you are within your service coverage(or you got AppleCare), you can bring it in to the Apple store. I would think it is something wrong with the hardware(defect?), but the best way to go to the experts.

patrickj
Aug 13, 2011, 01:39 PM
Have you tried testing a different account?

Ashwood11
Aug 13, 2011, 01:40 PM
Maybe as simple as a corrupt email message. If deleted it may be fine.

Cooolpenner
Aug 13, 2011, 05:01 PM
just deactivate the account and try again. If it still doesn't work, you should go to an apple store and explain your problem...