PDA

View Full Version : ibook wont start up help please!!

brendan1993
Sep 28, 2010, 10:36 PM
hi i just bought a used ibook G3 a couple days ago and tested it out and everything was working fine yesterday i was playing around with it and drained the battery when i put it on the charger i didnt see anything turn on to indicate it was charging but i left it on there all night and the next morning i couldnt get it to turn on i pressed the button on the battery and it blinked one green light i do not know what that mean but this is my first ibook so i wasnt sure what the problem is, is it the ibook or do i just need a new charger? please help i need this laptop for school

PowerGamerX
Sep 28, 2010, 10:49 PM
dc inboard go out?

OrangeSVTguy
Sep 29, 2010, 07:53 AM
Will it boot up without the battery installed? Remove the battery and plug in the AC charger and boot it up.

brendan1993
Sep 29, 2010, 07:40 PM
no it was working fine just 2 days ago but wen i plugged it in the charger it wouldnt turn on but even when i took the battery out it wouldnt turn on either

max••
Sep 30, 2010, 05:28 PM
no it was working fine just 2 days ago but wen i plugged it in the charger it wouldnt turn on but even when i took the battery out it wouldnt turn on either

it may sound strange but check if you have broken the pin out of the charges plug (i had the same problem when i got my ibook g3 without a charger and used my old one)

brendan1993
Sep 30, 2010, 05:33 PM
i checked but nothing seems wrong with the charger everything is used laptop and the charger would u think its just the charger or the laptop?

raysfan81
Sep 30, 2010, 06:32 PM
i checked but nothing seems wrong with the charger everything is used laptop and the charger would u think its just the charger or the laptop?

Well if you don't have another charger, look for a cheap one off ebay or amazon to see if it works. It would probably be cheaper than getting another iBook.

brendan1993
Sep 30, 2010, 06:41 PM
ok so u think its just the charger?

raysfan81
Sep 30, 2010, 07:56 PM
ok so u think its just the charger?

I have no idea. The only things that I can think of would be the charger or the dc in board on the computer. The charger is just the easiest way to test it out IMO.