PDA

View Full Version : My iPad 3G is stuck in Edge mode...

KevinC867
Sep 29, 2010, 01:05 PM
Previously, my iPad received 3G signals just fine. However, now it only connects in the lower speed Edge mode. My iPhone 4, sitting right next to it, has no problems connecting in 3G mode. They both show a signal strength of 4-5 bars.

The problem seems to have started during a recent trip abroad when I swapped SIMs to receive service in Turkey. I was very happy to have a network connection wherever I was traveling, but I noticed that I was only getting an Edge signal. But now that I'm back in the US, and have swapped back to my AT&T SIM, I am still not receiving in 3G mode.

Any suggestions?

maturola
Sep 29, 2010, 01:17 PM
Previously, my iPad received 3G signals just fine. However, now it only connects in the lower speed Edge mode. My iPhone 4, sitting right next to it, has no problems connecting in 3G mode. They both show a signal strength of 4-5 bars.

The problem seems to have started during a recent trip abroad when I swapped SIMs to receive service in Turkey. I was very happy to have a network connection wherever I was traveling, but I noticed that I was only getting an Edge signal. But now that I'm back in the US, and have swapped back to my AT&T SIM, I am still not receiving in 3G mode.

Any suggestions?

Reset network settings

KevinC867
Sep 29, 2010, 02:25 PM
Reset network settings

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that, but the problem remains.

ThatsMeRight
Sep 29, 2010, 02:36 PM
Are you using the same sim card (duo sim)? Because if it's the same plan, only 1 device can connect to 3G. So turn off 3G on your iPhone if you want to use 3G on your iPad.

KevinC867
Sep 29, 2010, 03:00 PM
Are you using the same sim card (duo sim)? Because if it's the same plan, only 1 device can connect to 3G. So turn off 3G on your iPhone if you want to use 3G on your iPad.

The iPhone and the iPad each have their own SIM/data plan.

reckless2k2
Sep 29, 2010, 03:13 PM
Network Reset should work but if it didn't, then pop back in the US SIM and factory restore. If that doesn't work, then make a Genius Bar appointment.

Richiemiami
Apr 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
I have this same issue
I found this forum doing a google sear h on the subject
Network reset does nothing
Going to the genius bar gets you nothing either

Rm

Marcos F.
Apr 3, 2011, 08:26 PM
Are you Jailbroken? If so, have you recently installed/uninstalled SBSettings?